Game #11: Toronto Raptors 101 - Sacramento Kings 107

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
    I don't know if this was posted yet, but some guy posted this on RR article commentary section:

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/666131966689976320
    Wow. Words fail me.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I don't know if this was posted yet, but some guy posted this on RR article commentary section:

Let's be honest; JV was REALLY lucky BB fouled out in that first game. We weren't because we took that as a positive step in the right direction...instead, it was just a misdirection.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        Let's be honest; JV was REALLY lucky BB fouled out in that first game. We weren't because we took that as a positive step in the right direction...instead, it was just a misdirection.
        I forgot about that...
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          never seen a worse-coached NBA team.
          Watch New Orleans on a regular basis....or the lakers....
          And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

Comment

• The turning point in the 4th quarter was when DeRozan replaced Lowry, playing alongside Joseph. Lowry is capable of playing off the ball, allowing Joseph to run the offense. DeRozan is far too ball-dominant, which negates all the positives from Joseph's game. Keeping Biyombo on the floor, combined with DeRozan hero-ball, was a double-teaming, paint-packing recipe for disaster.

DeRozan, Lowry and Biyombo frustrate me beyond belief at times, but there is a common denominator: Casey. He needs to go.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Maybe Lakers, but Sixer and NOP arent poorly coaches, just really talentless. NOP run a really great PnR, its just the roller and ball-handler usually suck when it isnt AD

Comment

Henry_Chinaski wrote: View Post
                I kind of like Biz. As a back up 5. But not over your starting 5. I don't think Biz did a better job guarding Boogie who destroyed Raps regardless who was guarding him. And I think Casey will take any kind of excuse to bench Jonas and play somebody else instead. It's Salmons all over again (except Biz is a better player).
                That stat is insane.

There is nothing wrong with Biyombo. He'll be a good 15-20 mpg backup C.

That 4th quarter pissed me off too much for words.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Can we acknowledge Casey just doesn't like JV?

There is clearly a double standard.

His thoughts on him and his impact on the game are delusional at worst and wrong at best.

This is a coach who was willing to roll with Bargnani come hell or high water.

Did JV run over his cat?

It makes zero sense.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                    Can we acknowledge Casey just doesn't like JV?

His thoughts on him and his impact on the game are delusional at worst and wrong at best.

Did JV run over his cat?

It makes zero sense.
                    Always took Casey as more of a goldfish kind of guy. That way he can re-use his old comments and not be held accountable for failing to do them. #PoundThatRock
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      The turning point in the 4th quarter was when DeRozan replaced Lowry, playing alongside Joseph. Lowry is capable of playing off the ball, allowing Joseph to run the offense. DeRozan is far too ball-dominant, which negates all the positives from Joseph's game. Keeping Biyombo on the floor, combined with DeRozan hero-ball, was a double-teaming, paint-packing recipe for disaster.

DeRozan, Lowry and Biyombo frustrate me beyond belief at times, but there is a common denominator: Casey. He needs to go.
                      I'm glad to hear you've reached this place. Hopefully MU will get there too.

Comment

• That 4th quarter was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. Casey-ball at its finest.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          NO has all kinds of injuries and LAL is a rebuild with an aging/hurt supernova on his way out but has to be played. I'll concede that Scott is an average coach.

For a defensive coach to have the kind of talent available to him and lose the game giving up 14-3 in the last 5 min. (figs. approx.) to lose by 6 is terrible....especially with the next game coming up! I heard DD say they stopped communicating. Was that code for "the coach couldn't give us plays"?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            I'm glad to hear you've reached this place. Hopefully MU will get there too.
                            I was there 2 years ago, at least. I always felt he was a good defensive coach, but a poor head coach.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Can we acknowledge Casey just doesn't like JV?

Did JV run over his cat?

It makes zero sense.
                              I'm actually wondering if Casey decided, after the Bargnani experience, that he was going to treat JV in the exact opposite way - regardless of the immediate consequences.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Did not like:

1. What happened to the defense? In 4 of the last 5 games they've given up a 30+ quarter. This was supposed to be the strength of the team but it collapsed last night in the 4th quarter (28 pts) with guys cheating on cutters (Carroll I'm looking at you), an inability to control the dribble (everyone) and a failure to keep guys out of the paint (52-28 points in the paint). And everything down the stretch was a dunk, layup or free throw. Awful.

2. Why are they playing 5 on 4? Biyombo is fine in short bursts as an energy guy but he is playing way, way too many minutes. No one could stop Cousins so you may as well try and get something back offensively with JV. This decision, above all else, cost them the game: it didn't help them defensively and it killed the late-game offense.

3. The Lowry/Derozan Show. 17/41. 9 turnovers. Ugh.

Liked:

1. Joseph. Man, he is playing terrific basketball. He might be their best, most consistent player so far this year on both ends. The early returns on that deal look great.

2. The first 3 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Comment

Working...
                                X