Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #11: Toronto Raptors 101 - Sacramento Kings 107

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Maybe Lakers, but Sixer and NOP arent poorly coaches, just really talentless. NOP run a really great PnR, its just the roller and ball-handler usually suck when it isnt AD
    NO Pellys were picked to finish in the playoffs ... They have a dominant player in Davis and MVP candidate in most circles.. an above average former All Star point guard in Holiday and a floor spacer with Anderson... and they can't get it done on the floor If this were Toronto the constant braying for Caseys head would be decibels higher...... Not sure the Pelican faithful are calling for Gentrys head but with this bad start they are effectively done to make the playoffs.

    The Lakers under Scott and with Kobe refusing to step away are just rudderless...
    And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

    Comment


    • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      NO Pellys were picked to finish in the playoffs ... They have a dominant player in Davis and MVP candidate in most circles.. an above average former All Star point guard in Holiday and a floor spacer with Anderson... and they can't get it done on the floor If this were Toronto the constant braying for Caseys head would be decibels higher...... Not sure the Pelican faithful are calling for Gentrys head but with this bad start they are effectively done to make the playoffs.

      The Lakers under Scott and with Kobe refusing to step away are just rudderless...
      This is Gentry's first season with the team, not to talk of their injury issues. Casey has been here since 2010. Same nonsense.

      Comment


      • Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I love how Casey doesn't hesitate to play 7 PGs at once, but the thought of playing both Biyombo and Jonas for stretches is unheard of.
        You know what? Why not use Bizzy as a 4 if it creates match-up issues, Casey? This way, you could have a guy who can establish in the post while getting that D.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

        Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

        Comment


        • Bendit wrote: View Post
          NO has all kinds of injuries and LAL is a rebuild with an aging/hurt supernova on his way out but has to be played. I'll concede that Scott is an average coach.

          For a defensive coach to have the kind of talent available to him and lose the game giving up 14-3 in the last 5 min. (figs. approx.) to lose by 6 is terrible....especially with the next game coming up! I heard DD say they stopped communicating. Was that code for "the coach couldn't give us plays"?
          Casey gambled and lost last night... He gambled that he was up 10 with 6 or 7 to play and that he would use BB and his remaining fouls (and Caseys perceived view that BB's provided better defense vs Cousins) to hold the Kings off... It didn't work. It didn't help that we racked up exactly 0 points in the last 3 minutes.

          Its a hard loss under the circumstances. .. almost as hard a loss to the Knicks....Hell we were up two possessions with 3 mins to go. They didn't get it done.

          But Scarlett .. tomorrow is another day... unfortunately its GSW on the horizon but this one is over.
          Can't do jack shit about the past so on to the next one and simply do better than we did vs Sacto.
          Did I mention its just so damn hard to be a Toronto sports fan.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Nov 16, 2015, 01:17 PM.
          And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

          Comment


          • tDotted wrote: View Post
            This is Gentry's first season with the team, not to talk of their injury issues. Casey has been here since 2010. Same nonsense.
            Most of the anti Casey forces tend to use two different sets of criteria to pass judgement on DC.. Its to the point that if something goes wrong its the fault of Casey. He can do no right. There are exactly 0 posts saying how well the half time adjustments worked out into the 4th Q when we went up 10. In the last 5 minutes we missed shots.. we forced shots and we lost guys that wound up uncovered underneath the basket. Thats when the "Casey is a pariah .. a fool.. a dummy stuff starts up."

            Say what you want... but if your going to point out the flaws you should even grudgingly acknowledge the good or what went well. Its a loong season. Hoping we find our way to not coughing up leads late in the 4Q. There is some culpability with the players as well. Not just Casey and Demar... Carroll fucked up a few times in the clutch too...
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Nov 16, 2015, 01:31 PM.
            And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

            Comment


            • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Most of the anti Casey forces tend to use two different sets of criteria to pass judgement on DC.. Its to the point that if something goes wrong its the fault of Casey. He can do no right. There are exactly 0 posts saying how well the half time adjustments worked out into the 4th Q when we went up 10. In the last 5 minutes we missed shots.. we forced shots and we lost guys that wound up uncovered underneath the basket. Thats when the "Casey is a pariah .. a fool.. a dummy stuff starts up."

              Say what you want... but if your going to point out the flaws you should even grudgingly acknowledge the good or what went well. Its a loong season. Hoping we find our way to not coughing up leads late in the 4Q. There is some culpability with the players as well. Not just Casey and Demar... Carroll fucked up a few times in the clutch too...
              I think the biggest issue is with Biz playing so much the entire unit was setup for failure. If you can pin one thing unequivocally on a coach, it's who he decides to put out there on the floor. Lowry going supernova for a while was a big reason why we got back in the game - but that wasn't sustainable. So take your gains and run when you're up by 8, i.e., get Biz out of the game and bring in JV to close out the game and force Boogie to guard him.

              SAC not guarding Biz forced every Raptor on the court to become a creator of much more difficult shots outside their comfort zone, so you have to give the Raps players (Demar included) a bit of a pass on that. If the Raps actually played fundamentally sound offense, ala Spurs/Hawks/GSW, and moved the ball to find the open man, it's pretty obvious who would be the guy getting that ball. That's a no win proposition. Basically, the offense was put in a very difficult position to win the game - not even taking into account that Biz did nothing to really slow down Boogie.

              I love Biz in small doses, but seriously, that was a highly winnable game that was lost by coaching - clearly.

              Comment


              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Most of the anti Casey forces tend to use two different sets of criteria to pass judgement on DC.. Its to the point that if something goes wrong its the fault of Casey. He can do no right. There are exactly 0 posts saying how well the half time adjustments worked out into the 4th Q when we went up 10. In the last 5 minutes we missed shots.. we forced shots and we lost guys that wound up uncovered underneath the basket. Thats when the "Casey is a pariah .. a fool.. a dummy stuff starts up."

                Say what you want... but if your going to point out the flaws you should even grudgingly acknowledge the good or what went well. Its a loong season. Hoping we find our way to not coughing up leads late in the 4Q. There is some culpability with the players as well. Not just Casey and Demar... Carroll fucked up a few times in the clutch too...
                There was no adjustment made. The Raptors' shooters - Lowry, Patterson and Joseph - were simply on fire, especially from 3.

                With 2:40 left in the 3rd quarter, they were tied 71-71. DeRozan had a turnover and was subbed-out.

                The Raps go 4/5 down the stretch, including 3 3pt shots made by Lowry.

                Over the first 3:30 of the 4th quarter the Raptors extended the lead to 91-81, on 4/6 shooting.

                Over a 6-minute stretch with Joseph/Lowry/Johnson/Patterson/Biyombo on the court, the Raptors shot 8/11 and built a 10 point lead.

                At the 8:19 mark of the 4th quarter, DeRozan and Carroll entered the game for Lowry and Johnson. DeRozan immediately turned the ball over on a travelling call, then proceeded to take the team's next 4 shots (2/4) - he was 3/8 in the quarter.


                It was Casey ball pure and simple. Lowry got hot, but then the Casey-sanctioned hero-ball from DeRozan (along with keeping Biyombo on the court for 17:55 straight!) cost the Raptors the game.
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Nov 16, 2015, 02:03 PM.

                Comment


                • CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  There was no adjustment made. The Raptors' shooters - Lowry, Patterson and Joseph - were simply on fire, especially from 3.

                  With 2:40 left in the 3rd quarter, they were tied 71-71. DeRozan had a turnover and was subbed-out.

                  The Raps go 4/5 down the stretch, including 3 3pt shots made by Lowry.

                  Over the first 3:30 of the 4th quarter the Raptors extended the lead to 91-81, on 4/6 shooting.

                  Over a 6-minute stretch with Joseph/Lowry/Johnson/Patterson/Biyombo on the court, the Raptors shot 8/11 and built a 10 point lead.

                  At the 8:19 mark of the 4th quarter, DeRozan and Carroll entered the game for Lowry and Johnson. DeRozan immediately turned the ball over on a travelling call, then proceeded to take the team's next 4 shots (2/4) - he was 3/8 in the quarter.


                  It was Casey ball pure and simple. Lowry got hot, but then the Casey-sanctioned hero-ball from DeRozan (along with keeping Biyombo on the court for 17:55 straight!) cost the Raptors the game.
                  Shots they usually make, JV not ready yet, still 7-4, leading the Atlantic, etc. etc. I almost feel like I've seen this show before.

                  Somewhere this is still all Lou Williams' fault.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                  Comment


                  • S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Shots they usually make, JV not ready yet, still 7-4, leading the Atlantic, etc. etc. I almost feel like I've seen this show before.

                    Somewhere this is still all Lou Williams' fault.
                    Lou Williams?

                    Please.

                    It's Salmons.

                    If only we still had Salmons...
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

                    Comment


                    • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Most of the anti Casey forces tend to use two different sets of criteria to pass judgement on DC.. Its to the point that if something goes wrong its the fault of Casey. He can do no right. There are exactly 0 posts saying how well the half time adjustments worked out into the 4th Q when we went up 10. In the last 5 minutes we missed shots.. we forced shots and we lost guys that wound up uncovered underneath the basket. Thats when the "Casey is a pariah .. a fool.. a dummy stuff starts up."

                      Say what you want... but if your going to point out the flaws you should even grudgingly acknowledge the good or what went well. Its a loong season. Hoping we find our way to not coughing up leads late in the 4Q. There is some culpability with the players as well. Not just Casey and Demar... Carroll fucked up a few times in the clutch too...
                      I generally agree with this but the Biyombo stuff last night was really bad. Putting aside all the basketball reasons not to have him out there, the guy played for basically a quarter and a half straight. He was noticeably exhausted. Even Casey acknowledged he erred.

                      There was no adjustment made. The Raptors' shooters - Lowry, Patterson and Joseph - were simply on fire, especially from 3.
                      That's not really fair. The Raps have generally been good in third quarters all year long and that usually speaks to some good halftime adjustments, many of which are probably not all that noticeable unless you really breakdown video, etc.

                      Comment


                      • S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Shots they usually make, JV not ready yet, still 7-4, leading the Atlantic, etc. etc. I almost feel like I've seen this show before.

                        Somewhere this is still all Lou Williams' fault.
                        you mean garbajosa

                        Comment


                        • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          There are exactly 0 posts saying how well the half time adjustments worked out into the 4th Q when we went up 10.
                          The major run happened with Derozan on the bench.

                          If Casey ever had the stones to bench Derozan down the stretch when the team's clearly playing better without him, you can bet there'd be many congratulations.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

                          Comment


                          • Man i miss the Blue Jays

                            This Raps team is tough to watch. Remember a couple of years ago when Masai said that they'er not going to be stuck in the middle? well right now they're stuck in no man's land.
                            Mamba Mentality

                            Comment


                            • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              Lou Williams?

                              Please.

                              It's Salmons.

                              If only we still had Salmons...
                              If we had Salmons, Rudy Gay would drop 40.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • TRex wrote: View Post
                                Man i miss the Blue Jays

                                This Raps team is tough to watch. Remember a couple of years ago when Masai said that they'er not going to be stuck in the middle? well right now they're stuck in no man's land.
                                Some of the Raptors' good games have included a lot of the changes/steps forward that they need to take the next step (individuals and the team). They've got a bit of a Jekyll & Hyde thing going on.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X