Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Jamal Murray

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Lakers are keeping that pick. Nobody suffers with Kobe if they dont see a top 3 pick coming
    Kobe might just have enough 'turn back the clock' games to eff up that pick for the Lakers. That would be fitting, but pretty much guarantee Murray on the Sixers.

    Comment


    • #17
      Primer wrote: View Post
      I think Murray goes top 3. He's the best player on the best team in the country, and he plays SG, which is super thin throughout the league.
      He can play SG, but realistically he's more of a combo guard at most, and more of a point than an SG. He's primarily playing small forward at Kentucky because Calipari has Isaiah Briscoe at point and Tyler Ulis, who's also a point, at SG. It's great that he's versatile, but he's the same size as Rodney Stuckey and will likely end up playing the same sort of game in the NBA (although he's probably better than Stuckey is).

      Comment


      • #18
        magoon wrote: View Post
        He can play SG, but realistically he's more of a combo guard at most, and more of a point than an SG. He's primarily playing small forward at Kentucky because Calipari has Isaiah Briscoe at point and Tyler Ulis, who's also a point, at SG. It's great that he's versatile, but he's the same size as Rodney Stuckey and will likely end up playing the same sort of game in the NBA (although he's probably better than Stuckey is).
        I think the potential is definitely there to be MUCH better than Chucky Stuckey.
        The Double Champ is here!
        Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
        Raptors: Larry O'Brien

        Comment


        • #19
          Is he that good a fit next to any of Kyle, DeMar, Cory, or Ross? I know it doesn't matter for the players that are talented enough for it not to matter, if you know what I mean.

          Lowry + Murray - I'm sure they'd be good, but good enough?
          Murray + Ross - hard to judge with the taste of disappointment currently in my mouth
          Cojo + Murray - this might have a lot of fans excited, young Canadian backcourt. I'm sure they'd be good, but like with Lowry, they're a little small to guarantee long-term success
          Murray + DeRozan - this is the one that actually has potential in my mind with DeMar's continued improvement, you've got the size and athleticism, nice mix of personality and leadership, give them Cojo and Ross coming off the bench and you really might have something.

          Am I right in thinking that Lowry'd be the odd man out? Or would you maybe shed Lowry and DeMar and go young with the newly minted Ross & Cory?

          Comment


          • #20
            Bendit wrote: View Post
            He looks like a man among boys....

            Comment


            • #21
              CoJo does a lot of what Murray would provide and is already past his growing pains stage. Happily take him if he falls but wouldn't go all out to grab a really high spot for him. If Rap have #6-7 and the cost isn't cripplingly high obviously do it

              Comment


              • #22
                I keep reading this thread title as 'Jamal Magloire' and it's driving me nuts.

                Comment


                • #23
                  raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  CoJo does a lot of what Murray would provide and is already past his growing pains stage. Happily take him if he falls but wouldn't go all out to grab a really high spot for him. If Rap have #6-7 and the cost isn't cripplingly high obviously do it
                  Murray is a step above Cojo IMO.

                  Murray is a far superior shooter, and got that Brandon Roy feel about him. He can drop 50 a game or throw out 12 dimes.

                  I personally feel like Kentucky is prepping him just perfectly with their 3 guard offense for Murray to come here and slide in between Joseph and Carroll just nicely.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Snooch wrote: View Post
                    Murray is a step above Cojo IMO.

                    Murray is a far superior shooter, and got that Brandon Roy feel about him. He can drop 50 a game or throw out 12 dimes.

                    I personally feel like Kentucky is prepping him just perfectly with their 3 guard offense for Murray to come here and slide in between Joseph and Carroll just nicely.
                    First couple years Murray will struggle shooting everyone does. Really like the idea of CoJo and Murray backcourt but he won't be available. Skal and Simmons and even Bemnder are out of reach

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      slaw wrote: View Post
                      He looks like a man among boys....
                      I was going to say that at 35, I finally feel like I look older than these college kids... now this...
                      The Double Champ is here!
                      Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                      Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I watched most of the game murray was great but coach Cal did get pissed at him for a couple of plays

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I hope they continue to televise Jamal s game's nationwide

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Even if the raps don't get him, the 2020 Olympics should be awesome a f. Cojo-murray-Wiggins-Thompson-olynyk, in 5 years? Yes please.
                            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              magoon wrote: View Post
                              He can play SG, but realistically he's more of a combo guard at most, and more of a point than an SG. He's primarily playing small forward at Kentucky because Calipari has Isaiah Briscoe at point and Tyler Ulis, who's also a point, at SG. It's great that he's versatile, but he's the same size as Rodney Stuckey and will likely end up playing the same sort of game in the NBA (although he's probably better than Stuckey is).
                              He's the same height as James Harden. He will play SG in the NBA. He will just be an all around stat monster. Just because he's a good passer too doesn't mean he's not primarily a SG.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                slaw wrote: View Post
                                He looks like a man among boys....
                                Yup. Apart from his physical/movement attributes he seems to have that elusive "it" factor...wants the ball when the game's on the line. Saw a lot of it during the Panam games. Sure the competiton wasnt great but he was a relative baby age wise.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X