Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Jamal Murray

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Thing is, a CoJo-Carroll-JV unit that plays the right way still may be very competitive
    Id like to highlight this. By changing coaches and trading Lowry + DD our team will suck the rest of this year. If a new coach comes in and sets up proper systems, we will be pretty competitive. Cojo-Carroll-JV plus the high first round pick and the many new additions from the trades and free agency could win games.

    Comment


    • #62
      Possible, but may not be likely. Trade DD and Lowry, trade one to move up in the draft. Then sign Horford.

      2016 line up:

      CoJo/Wright
      Murray/Powell
      Carroll/Bruno
      Horford/???
      Jonas/???

      I think that team will be do well with a proper coach.

      Comment


      • #63
        Has anyone watched a guy named Ben Simmons .. He is supposed to be a special player at the NCAA level .. He is another NCAA guard who isn't American but maybe Murray's completion when
        the draft happens next summer ..
        Last edited by guyroch; Thu Nov 19, 2015, 09:40 AM.

        Comment


        • #64
          I'm going to move away from the rebuild talk here.

          Murray's projected to be chosen with the 5th pick, we'll probably have the 10th pick from NY. Would moving that 10th pick, our first rounder (probably 16-22), and a second round pick be enough to trade for the 5th?

          Comment


          • #65
            guyroch wrote: View Post
            Has anyone watched a guy named Ben Simmons .. He is supposed to be a special player at the NCAA level .. He is another NCAA guard who isn't American but maybe Murray's completion when
            the draft happens next summer ..
            Ben Simmons is an undersized combo guard if memory serves me well from the scouting reports

            Comment


            • #66
              oseebhai wrote: View Post
              I'm going to move away from the rebuild talk here.

              Murray's projected to be chosen with the 5th pick, we'll probably have the 10th pick from NY. Would moving that 10th pick, our first rounder (probably 16-22), and a second round pick be enough to trade for the 5th?
              We also potentially have two first-rounders next year, so we can add a future first-rounder to the mix as well. Although it's complicated, because we can't trade away all our first-rounders next year. So the best draft pick package we could offer is the NYK/Denver 2016 pick, our own 2016 pick, whichever is higher of our pick or the Clippers 2017 pick or the rights to the Clippers pick if Clippers miss the playoffs in 2017. Add in a prospect or two (Delon Wright probably has no place going forward on the team if we're targetting Murray) and that's a package that a lot of high lottery teams would need to take seriously. But it is so all-in that there's a significant risk there.

              Comment


              • #67
                octothorp wrote: View Post
                We also potentially have two first-rounders next year, so we can add a future first-rounder to the mix as well. Although it's complicated, because we can't trade away all our first-rounders next year. So the best draft pick package we could offer is the NYK/Denver 2016 pick, our own 2016 pick, whichever is higher of our pick or the Clippers 2017 pick or the rights to the Clippers pick if Clippers miss the playoffs in 2017. Add in a prospect or two (Delon Wright probably has no place going forward on the team if we're targetting Murray) and that's a package that a lot of high lottery teams would need to take seriously. But it is so all-in that there's a significant risk there.
                Raptors shouldnt go Philly bad and they essential just give up a 1st for Murray. It's similar to what they gave up for Lowry. Giving up picks isn't going all in. Trading away JV, picks plus young guys is going all in.

                Comment


                • #68
                  OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Thing is, a CoJo-Carroll-JV unit that plays the right way still may be very competitive
                  That is inredibly competetive.

                  Add in the return from trades....

                  I still think demar and ppat for mirotic and noah and ride that till deadline....of course casey fired as well

                  Lowry\wright
                  Joseph\ross\powell
                  Carroll\jj\bruno
                  Mirotic\scola
                  Jv\noah\biyombo

                  Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    octothorp wrote: View Post
                    We also potentially have two first-rounders next year, so we can add a future first-rounder to the mix as well. Although it's complicated, because we can't trade away all our first-rounders next year. So the best draft pick package we could offer is the NYK/Denver 2016 pick, our own 2016 pick, whichever is higher of our pick or the Clippers 2017 pick or the rights to the Clippers pick if Clippers miss the playoffs in 2017. Add in a prospect or two (Delon Wright probably has no place going forward on the team if we're targetting Murray) and that's a package that a lot of high lottery teams would need to take seriously. But it is so all-in that there's a significant risk there.
                    The recent drafts have shown teams don't trade high picks for two lower picks any more. Especially if they could get a player like Murray. Maybe if we get the 7th pick and the 15th pick, you could move up to pick 5,but it needs to be something that close and a really good player needs to be there at 7 too. Our best bet is that the Knicks and Denver both finish bottom 5 or so and that Knicks pick ends up being a really good one.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      @Snooch

                      I think you need to abandon the whole Mirotic/Noah thing. We have the same chances of Lebron trading himself to the Raptors.

                      Go for draft picks and under appreciated shooters (like Anthony Morrow)

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        @Snooch

                        I think you need to abandon the whole Mirotic/Noah thing. We have the same chances of Lebron trading himself to the Raptors.

                        Go for draft picks and under appreciated shooters (like Anthony Morrow)
                        We need a list of teams that have need at SG and would want to sign derozan long term. Chicago is not on that list, and neither is Houston.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Primer wrote: View Post
                          We need a list of teams that have need at SG and would want to sign derozan long term. Chicago is not on that list, and neither is Houston.
                          If Hardin stays in Mr Kardashian mode Huston may make that deal. Lol

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Dan Shulman thinks Murray will be a perennial all star in the NBA.
                            Mamba Mentality

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              @Snooch

                              I think you need to abandon the whole Mirotic/Noah thing. We have the same chances of Lebron trading himself to the Raptors.

                              Go for draft picks and under appreciated shooters (like Anthony Morrow)
                              I think mirotic can happen. His minutes have been getting cut.

                              I dont think management is as high on the mirotic bandwagon as they were last season

                              Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Primer wrote: View Post
                                We need a list of teams that have need at SG and would want to sign derozan long term. Chicago is not on that list, and neither is Houston.
                                Chicqgo has been wanting another wing for a while now

                                Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X