No announcement yet.

Everything Jamal Murray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have seen Murray drop in the mock drafts is it a drop off in play or are other players gaining in stature or potential

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
      i have seen Murray drop in the mock drafts is it a drop off in play or are other players gaining in stature or potential
      Ya he hasn't looked that great so far. Shooting percentages are down at 40% and he is averaging more turnovers than assists (3.3 to 2.8). Also its still a question of what position he will play in the nba, point or shooting guard.

Comment

slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
        Ya he hasn't looked that great so far. Shooting percentages are down at 40% and he is averaging more turnovers than assists (3.3 to 2.8). Also its still a question of what position he will play in the nba, point or shooting guard.
        Murray trying to tank his way to the Raps lol...

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
          Murray trying to tank his way to the Raps lol...
          LOL. I was expecting that Murray would drop - fingers crossed. Kentucky was a terrible fit, as they have him playing off the ball alot, with 2 other guards who can handle. Murray is best when he has the ball in his hands and his best position in the NBA will be as a scoring PG, like Lowry, but he has better chemistry with his teammates than Lowry. Also, because he's such a high IQ player, he will play better with pros than amateurs.

I hope he's sand-bagging it for the Raps.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            LOL. I was expecting that Murray would drop - fingers crossed. Kentucky was a terrible fit, as they have him playing off the ball alot, with 2 other guards who can handle. Murray is best when he has the ball in his hands and his best position in the NBA will be as a scoring PG, like Lowry, but he has better chemistry with his teammates than Lowry. Also, because he's such a high IQ player, he will play better with pros than amateurs.

Really want this dude on our team next year. Can be a great 6th man for us next to CoJo then take over for Lowry in a few years.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

How do you know he has better chemistry with his teammates than Lowry?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Murray would fit very well in our system. Cojo/Murray backcourt should be one of the strongest bench backcourts in the league.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Murray would fit very well in our system. Cojo/Murray backcourt should be one of the strongest bench backcourts in the league.
                  Not sure if a Cojo/Murray backcourt would work very well because both players are most successful when they have the ball in their hands and are penetrating.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    How do you know he has better chemistry with his teammates than Lowry?
                    Because Murray sets up his teammates much better for easy baskets, than Lowry, e.g., feeding PnR bigs, which Lowry sucks at. And Murray seems to have a better feel for finding shooters in rhythm. Lowry, as great as he is, doesn't have the same feel, except for drive and kick and simple dump-offs. Murray is more of a 'probing' type of guard, who can switch into attack mode when needed. Lowry is more of a straight ahead attacking guard, who gets assists as a by-product of having the ball in his hands a lot.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                      Not sure if a Cojo/Murray backcourt would work very well because both players are most successful when they have the ball in their hands and are penetrating.
                      People say the same thing about KL/DD
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Idk I think CoJo/Murray would work really well. Besides I don't think you'd always have them out there together, could try different combinations in the backcourt: Murray/DeRozan, CoJo/Lowry, CoJo/Ross, Lowry/Murray, etc.

Plus Murray can stroke the 3 and is an explosive leaper, max vert is higher than DeRozan's and no-step vert is higher than Ross'. The only thing is I don't think he can be a full-time SG because he's undersized for that spot. He's 6'4-6'5 yeah but doesn't have the wingspan that most of those guys have to allow them to play the 2 spot (Wade, Beal) most SGs have a standing reach around 8'5", but Murray is at 8'1" which is PG like. Think he's gonna be a big, scoring PG in the NBA.

Comment

• Heard somebody compare Murray to Brandon Roy...without the knee concerns of course.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            Idk I think CoJo/Murray would work really well. Besides I don't think you'd always have them out there together, could try different combinations in the backcourt: Murray/DeRozan, CoJo/Lowry, CoJo/Ross, Lowry/Murray, etc.

Plus Murray can stroke the 3 and is an explosive leaper, max vert is higher than DeRozan's and no-step vert is higher than Ross'. The only thing is I don't think he can be a full-time SG because he's undersized for that spot. He's 6'4-6'5 yeah but doesn't have the wingspan that most of those guys have to allow them to play the 2 spot (Wade, Beal) most SGs have a standing reach around 8'5", but Murray is at 8'1" which is PG like. Think he's gonna be a big, scoring PG in the NBA.
                            Worth noting that CJ Mccollum only had a standing reach of 8'.5" and he is now having a bit of a breakout season. He is a pretty good comp I'd say, although i haven't watched that much of Portland this year.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I didn't want Murray playing for Calipari. The Kentucky Team seems like a hype train than a traditional humble basketball team. If they win, then good for them, but a lot of players you root for in Kentucky might get corrupted with how much exposure they get and it may give them bad habits off the court.

When Frank Kaminsky's Wisconsin team beat them in the Final Four in 2015, I was happy.

That Wisconsin coach during his half-time interview sounded like such a humble old man enjoying the moment. With Calipari, I feel that schmuck is worried about an under-the-table endorsement deal he wants to get signed after exploiting his players.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                Worth noting that CJ Mccollum only had a standing reach of 8'.5" and he is now having a bit of a breakout season. He is a pretty good comp I'd say, although i haven't watched that much of Portland this year.
                                There's a guy named Crabbe that's no slouch too. Didn't see him coming from anywhere. Portland Quasi-Rebuild is progressing well.

Comment

Working...
                                X