No announcement yet.

Game #13 - Toronto Raptors 89 - Utah Jazz 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demarre calling out stagnant offense to end games. Aka Kyle and DD going Iso to lose (close) the game. Carroll essentially said, why change the way we got the lead to close the game.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      Demarre calling out stagnant offense to end games. Aka Kyle and DD going Iso to lose (close) the game. Carroll essentially said, why change the way we got the lead to close the game.
      And it's interesting, because he also kept saying 'we have to execute on offence'...makes it seem like the iso play might not be what the coaches are asking for.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        And it's interesting, because he also kept saying 'we have to execute on offence'...makes it seem like the iso play might not be what the coaches are asking for.
        If that is remotely true then demar needs traded immediately.

Go with joseph at the 2.

Or with result from the trade. Or ross. Or powell. Whatever.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          DeMar's regular turnover rate is one of the lowest on the team, at 9.5%. In the clutch this year? 3rd highest on the team at 17%.

Meanwhile his TS% takes about a 1% dip in the clutch (basically the same).

That said, the entire team gets a bunch worse for either turnovers or shooting in the clutch due to our terrible offence down the stretch. Except two guys. JV has his turnover rate remain the same and his TS% jumps to 85%. CoJo sees only a slight uptick in his turnover rate but sees his shooting leap up from 65 to 73 TS%. Both those guys sat inexplicably for key stretches of the 4th today, right? OK, good.
          85%? That's all? Clearly he needs to be posting a TS of above 100% to be guaranteed his crunch time minutes.
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

85%? That's all? Clearly he needs to be posting a TS of above 100% to be guaranteed his crunch time minutes.
            well, part of it is that the only touches he gets in the 4th quarter are garbage buckets. But that is a different, but related, problem. generally the point remains.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              well, part of it is that the only touches he gets in the 4th quarter are garbage buckets. But that is a different, but related, problem. generally the point remains.
              Yeah...I know...just trying to pile on as many jokes as I can before Casey's let go...
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Yeah...I know...just trying to pile on as many jokes as I can before Casey's let go...
                i hope you have a very short amount of time to do this.

Comment

not good enough.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Hey guys, welcome welcome. Plenty of room. Where have you been this whole time?
                    I've had one foot on the back the truck with the other one dragging behind like stuck roadkill
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I hate watching this team.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

So you're saying Casey can't control his players? then he really should be fired.

I want to see what DeRozan and Lowry would look like undera different coach. DeRozan specially.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

There was a play late last night, high screen and roll with JV and Lowry. JV rolled, the Jazz switched and JV had a Utah guard (I think it was Burks) pinned underneath the basket and the passing lane was wide open. Lowry looked right at him, looked him off and took a tightly contested three. There was a second play late where there Derozan was on the wing isolated but there was weakside action and on the drive I believe it was Carroll that was open and JV was inside for a dump off. Instead, Derozan forced the issue and either got blocked or missed the layup.

So, yes, some of it is the insistence on relying on Derozan late in the fourth but it also comes down to Derozan and Lowry to show leadership and good sense and make the right basketball play. They do that for three quarters and then just stop doing it in the fourth quarter.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            There was a play late last night, high screen and roll with JV and Lowry. JV rolled, the Jazz switched and JV had a Utah guard (I think it was Burks) pinned underneath the basket and the passing lane was wide open. Lowry looked right at him, looked him off and took a tightly contested three. There was a second play late where there Derozan was on the wing isolated but there was weakside action and on the drive I believe it was Carroll that was open and JV was inside for a dump off. Instead, Derozan forced the issue and either got blocked or missed the layup.

So, yes, some of it is the insistence on relying on Derozan late in the fourth but it also comes down to Derozan and Lowry to show leadership and good sense and make the right basketball play. They do that for three quarters and then just stop doing it in the fourth quarter.
                            There was yet another play where JV wound up open under the basket with no defenders within 5' of him, and Lowry (or DeRozan) looked at him and just continued on, but I believe that possession at least ended with a basket (a drive-and-kick 3 I think).

The big problem, as I've been saying for a long time now, is that I get the impression that Lowry and DeRozan honestly think that being leaders equates to carrying the team offensively all by themselves (they have the 'scorer' cards). I also believe that they do so under orders from Casey and/or with his blessing (certainly not held accountable for doing so), which is why I can't fully support #TradeDeRozan or #TradeLowry before Casey is replaced (only ~85% support).

Comment

Rockets management didn't want to fire McHale but they believed he lost the locker room.

I could see this being case. I mean, really, Casey can't be this stunned? Right?

I recall reading how McHale would call timeout and say how a defensive play would go and the players would run something totally different. You can't have that.

Is this the same with Casey?

Comment

• If Casey cant coach the players, and Lowry and DD are showing that they cant accept coaching

Then all three need to go

Comment

Working...
                                X