Eastern Conference Standings Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    And all I'm getting out of that is that it is still early. Calm down everyone...

There's no way we are 13th worst in the league. The sky isn't falling, we are 13 games in
    I agree with you somewhat we have recently been punched in the month. Jack Armstrong predicted a slow start. We won against some good teams such as okc and Dallas and have lost to Knicks and the kings. In the next while our character will surface will the collective(coaching and players pull together or turn on each other. I sure Masai is observing.

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
      So if we look at the top 10 - 5 man units, out most used lineup is
      Lowry, Demar, Carroll, Scola and JV and that lineup has a net rating of -2.2
      That lineup has been used for 159 minutes

The lineup of
      Demarre, Demar, Joseph, Lowry and JV has the best net rating at 27.2
      but has only been used for 34 minutes.

top 3 offensive lineups are:
      Carroll,DeMarre - DeRozan,DeMar - Lowry,Kyle - Patterson,Patrick - Valanciunas,Jonas - Used 13 minutes
      DeRozan,DeMar - Joseph,Cory - Lowry,Kyle - Scola,Luis - Valanciunas,Jonas - used 12 minutes
      Carroll,DeMarre - DeRozan,DeMar - Joseph,Cory - Lowry,Kyle - Valanciunas,Jonas - used 34 minutes

Top three defensive lineups are
      Biyombo,Bismack - Johnson,James - Joseph,Cory - Lowry,Kyle - Patterson,Patrick - Used 13 minutes
      DeRozan,DeMar - Joseph,Cory - Lowry,Kyle - Scola,Luis - Valanciunas,Jonas - used 12 minutes
      Biyombo,Bismack - Carroll,DeMarre - Lowry,Kyle - Patterson,Patrick - Ross,Terrence - Used 10 minutes
      What do you know...all 6 of those line ups have one player in common.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

So far, the East looks better than the West. That tells you it's still too early in the season to say much.

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
          What do you know...all 6 of those line ups have one player in common.
          lol

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            So far, the East looks better than the West. That tells you it's still too early in the season to say much.
            Yeah pretty interesting indeed.

Its still a long way to go but the early returns on the stubblebum east vs the mighty west has the East holding a 32 to 30 Won/Loss over the west... Thats about 14-15% of the schedule in the books.

Wonder if the idea to change the playoff setup gets pushed the extreme back burner.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              Yeah pretty interesting indeed.

Its still a long way to go but the early returns on the stubblebum east vs the mighty west has the East holding a 32 to 30 Won/Loss over the west... Thats about 14-15% of the schedule in the books.

Wonder if the idea to change the playoff setup gets pushed the extreme back burner.
              I think it's sustainable - the top handful of teams in the west are better than the top handful in the East, but some of those 50w+ teams that used to fill out the West playoff bracket are definitely trending downward while Eastern teams like the Celtics, Pistons, and Magic are on the rise.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

murphturph wrote: View Post
                ^ hahaha. I know. I like to stay positive about the Raps. But I genuinely feel we are in great hands with Masai. Demar and Klye have looked pretty darn awesome to me. There are only 8 other teams in the NBA that currently have a better point differential than the Raptors right now.

I can't emphasize enough the value of Carroll and Corey Joseph bring to his team. They complement Derozan and Lowry so well.
                +1
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

9th in the East

murphturph wrote: View Post
                  Demar and Klye have looked pretty darn awesome to me.
                  I think that this is a pretty loaded statement.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    I think it's sustainable - the top handful of teams in the west are better than the top handful in the East, but some of those 50w+ teams that used to fill out the West playoff bracket are definitely trending downward while Eastern teams like the Celtics, Pistons, and Magic are on the rise.
                    All those lottery picks that have gone to eastern teams are finally starting to swing the past few years back to the mean. It may take a while as most of the stars (save for LBJ) in a star driven league still have western conference postal codes. KD isn't on the all NBA team due to his injury last year.

2014-15 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM
                    LeBron James, Cleveland
                    Anthony Davis, New Orleans
                    Marc Gasol, Memphis
                    Stephen Curry, Golden State
                    James Harden , Houston

2014-15 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM

LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland
                    DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento
                    Pau Gasol, Chicago
                    Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City
                    Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers

2014-15 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM

Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers
                    Tim Duncan, San Antonio
                    DeAndre Jordan, L.A. Clippers
                    Klay Thompson, Golden State
                    Kyrie Irving, Cleveland
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                      So if we look at the top 10 - 5 man units, out most used lineup is
                      Lowry, Demar, Carroll, Scola and JV and that lineup has a net rating of -2.2
                      That lineup has been used for 159 minutes

The lineup of
                      Demarre, Demar, Joseph, Lowry and JV has the best net rating at 27.2
                      but has only been used for 34 minutes.

top 3 offensive lineups are:
                      Carroll,DeMarre - DeRozan,DeMar - Lowry,Kyle - Patterson,Patrick - Valanciunas,Jonas - Used 13 minutes
                      Carroll,DeMarre - DeRozan,DeMar - Joseph,Cory - Lowry,Kyle - Valanciunas,Jonas - used 34 minutes

Top three defensive lineups are
                      Biyombo,Bismack - Johnson,James - Joseph,Cory - Lowry,Kyle - Patterson,Patrick - Used 13 minutes
                      Biyombo,Bismack - Carroll,DeMarre - Lowry,Kyle - Patterson,Patrick - Ross,Terrence - Used 10 minutes
                      So if I read this right... Lowry is really good?

What's the source for this? I can't find the advance stats for line ups on Basketball-reference.
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
                        Question ... Is there any senerio that no team from the Atlantic division can make the playoffs ? Or is a division winner at least
                        guaranteed a playoff spot ..
                        Yes, there is such a scenario. Division title means nothing now.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                          So if I read this right... Lowry is really good?

What's the source for this? I can't find the advance stats for line ups on Basketball-reference.
                          NBA.com's lineup stats are really good and very filterable.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Tied for 12th? Wooooo

Comment

Time to celebrate were up to 8th! HUGE win over 2-10 Lakers! Oh now time to cry as we get swept by the CAVS. Lol.

Comment

in the west we would be 5th

Comment

Working...
                                X