Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference Standings Watch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    They stink.
    Yet they own us [even when depleted by injury which is the main reason for their fall from grace].

    Honestly don't know how either.

    JWash wrote: View Post
    Chicago's gotta be missing Thibs. Dude was extracting way more out of that roster than it was supposed to be producing.

    Grass ain't always greener. Enjoy the golf course.
    Thibs was legitimately one of the best coaches in the NBA given what he did with a roster that's almost always injured and missing pieces. He wasn't let go do to a lack of performance; it was conflict with management.

    He was always going to be a tough act to follow.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

    Comment


    • Just Is wrote: View Post
      Yet they own us [even when depleted by injury which is the main reason for their fall from grace].

      Honestly don't know how either.


      Thibs was legitimately one of the best coaches in the NBA given what he did with a roster that's almost always injured and missing pieces. He wasn't let go do to a lack of performance; it was conflict with management.

      He was always going to be a tough act to follow.
      but he also never made it far in the playoffs. and the bulls really belived they had a championship roster, and looking back, they kinda did at one point
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

      Comment


      • Bulls have a challenging next 6 games. If they go 2 and 4 and considering how they have been playing that may not be all that wild a thought. Even if they do that its still going to take a run of 10 and 6 just to finish 42 and 40 to maybe squeak into 8th . So the whiff of panic may be in the air in the Windy City as they now try to rush Jimmy B back.

        3 at home vs Heat/Rockets/Bucks....3 on the road vs Spurs/Raps/Whiz..... is 2 and 4 that unrealistic ?

        http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...r-nears-return
        And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

        Comment


        • yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          but he also never made it far in the playoffs. and the bulls really belived they had a championship roster, and looking back, they kinda did at one point
          ECF with Boozer and Ronnie Brewer playing big roles against the Heat Big 3 is pretty far. If Thibs had a good relationship with management, he would still be the Bulls coach.

          Comment


          • Eastern Conference Standings Watch

            tDotted wrote: View Post
            ECF with Boozer and Ronnie Brewer playing big roles against the Heat Big 3 is pretty far. If Thibs had a good relationship with management, he would still be the Bulls coach.
            Yea but they also had prime d rose. A healthy and prime Noah. And deng was still a lockdown defender and didn't have as many milage on him back then. That team was loaded as well


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

            Comment


            • rightsideup wrote: View Post
              Charlotte at 8-2 and Washington at 7-3 doing well the last 10 for lower seed bids.
              There's always at least one team that, post all star break, goes on a big run. WSH made some sense to be that team given that they are getting healthy but I did not see Charlotte coming on given how inconsistent they've been all season.

              Comment


              • Joey wrote: View Post
                Damn, Chicago completely out of the playoffs at this point ... that's a fall from grace if I've ever seen it.
                Butler is scheduled to be back soon I think. Chicago isn't about the best regular season record this year. They just want to be healthy by the end of the season. They can easily climb back into the playoffs once healthy.

                Comment


                • yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  Yea but they also had prime d rose. A healthy and prime Noah. And deng was still a lockdown defender and didn't have as many milage on him back then. That team was loaded as well


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Dude, it's so hard to look at your avatar.

                  Comment


                  • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    Bulls have a challenging next 6 games. If they go 2 and 4 and considering how they have been playing that may not be all that wild a thought. Even if they do that its still going to take a run of 10 and 6 just to finish 42 and 40 to maybe squeak into 8th . So the whiff of panic may be in the air in the Windy City as they now try to rush Jimmy B back.

                    3 at home vs Heat/Rockets/Bucks....3 on the road vs Spurs/Raps/Whiz..... is 2 and 4 that unrealistic ?

                    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...r-nears-return
                    The way they are playing right now 0-6 is more realistic than 2-4. Orlando had 50 points halfway through the second quarter last night. Bulls' defense is awful right now. Not sure how much difference Butler is going to make even if he gets back soon....

                    Comment


                    • slaw wrote: View Post
                      The way they are playing right now 0-6 is more realistic than 2-4. Orlando had 50 points halfway through the second quarter last night. Bulls' defense is awful right now. Not sure how much difference Butler is going to make even if he gets back soon....
                      Watched some of the game last night. Pau went to the bench on a timeout when the Magic pushed it 21. I know there is no advanced stats for this but his body language and face said more than you can get from a set of derivatives out of the worlds largest relational db.

                      I think right now the Bulls project to miss the PO and if they do I would love to get the transcript or audio of the Paxson and Forman exit interview at seasons end.
                      And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

                      Comment


                      • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Watched some of the game last night. Pau went to the bench on a timeout when the Magic pushed it 21. I know there is no advanced stats for this but his body language and face said more than you can get from a set of derivatives out of the worlds largest relational db.

                        I think right now the Bulls project to miss the PO and if they do I would love to get the transcript or audio of the Paxson and Forman exit interview at seasons end.
                        Brooks got tossed, too. It looked like he asked to be ejected. Hoiberg threw in the towel early in the fourth. I've been reading some of the Bulls websites (and it's always dangerous to take much from that) but the fanbase seems to feel like everyone's given up on the season.

                        Comment


                        • The Bulls should just shutdown Butler and Rose for the rest of the season.

                          Comment


                          • Guys can rest in the off season. If your team has a chance to get into the post-season, even a slim chance, you go for it. Anything can happen. If they sneak in with the 8th seed and Lebron goes down with an injury (provided the Cavs stay atop the East) all of a sudden you're thinking the second round might be plausible given how the Bulls play Cleveland and how Cleveland plays without Lebron.

                            And never discount what a few games in the post-season can mean in terms of experience for young guys on the team.

                            Comment


                            • A.I wrote: View Post
                              The Bulls should just shutdown Butler and Rose for the rest of the season.
                              I'll second that motion.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                              Comment


                              • CNinja26 wrote: View Post
                                Guys can rest in the off season. If your team has a chance to get into the post-season, even a slim chance, you go for it. Anything can happen. If they sneak in with the 8th seed and Lebron goes down with an injury (provided the Cavs stay atop the East) all of a sudden you're thinking the second round might be plausible given how the Bulls play Cleveland and how Cleveland plays without Lebron.

                                And never discount what a few games in the post-season can mean in terms of experience for young guys on the team.
                                In this case, the Bulls as an 7/8 seed would be terrifying if healthy.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X