Eastern Conference Standings Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I don't get the over reaction. Everybody knew this was going to be a tough schedule to start the year. I excepted us to be .500 after November.
    Everyone's off their rocker. This schedule is killer and our goal is to maintain .500 play for the first month.

Yeah we could have won a couple more games, but things probably went better than expected earlier on. The team has still competed in every game apart from 1.

Plus, looking at the standings 13 games in is especially silly. We are 2 games back of first in the East.

Comment

oseebhai wrote: View Post
      Everyone's off their rocker. This schedule is killer and our goal is to maintain .500 play for the first month.

Yeah we could have won a couple more games, but things probably went better than expected earlier on. The team has still competed in every game apart from 1.

Plus, looking at the standings 13 games in is especially silly. We are 2 games back of first in the East.
      +1
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Record is irrelevant at this point in the season. Poor offensive execution, no improvement to the style of offence from last year, poor role definition and utilization, these are the reasons everyone should be pissed-off or worried, not the fact that we're in 9th.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
          Ya it's not like we became Sixers or something.

We are very good team.
          As I was saying last night, we've played 9 on the road and 4 at home. Things will even out, let's just give it some time.

But Fire Casey yesterday.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I don't get the over reaction. Everybody knew this was going to be a tough schedule to start the year. I excepted us to be .500 after November.
            Looking at the schedule up until this point, I think it's fair to say that there were 8 should-win, 3 iffy and 2 should-lose games, which would put the expected record somewhere in the 8-5 to 11-2 range.

It's not only the 7-6 record that is disappointing, but the fact that despite all the offseason rhetoric, the team seems to have reverted back to hero-ball. DeRozan and Lowry go back to their old ways when the going gets tough, JV has seen little increase in usage, and Carroll/Joseph appear to be making a slow transition to 'the Casey way' of playing basketball.

If the team manages to make the playoffs, I have a hard time seeing them be any more successful this season than they were the past two.

I didn't buy into the offseason hype, which is why my avatar is what it is. I was hoping to be wrong, but...
            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Nov 19, 2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              9th place but 2 games out of first. Let's not get too crazy here...
              Also just a 1 game lead on 13th place (same number of losses), who have 2 games in-hand.

Comment

Schedule is just an excuse.

Do you really BELIEVE we can win anything playing selfish ball? w/ 34% usage rate for DD in the 4th quarter?

Guys. I love this team to death, but these guys failed to inbound the ball TWICE when it mattered. It's fucking embarrassing.

Comment

Too early to look at the standings.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Raptors 905 home opener tonight! Chyeaaaaaaa
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

Has nothing to do with standing

Do anyone posting bout standings actually believe this teams plays like an upper echelon team?

I mean honestly ask yourself that

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Also just a 1 game lead on 13th place (same number of losses), who have 2 games in-hand.
                        My glass is still half full, but I may end up chugging it all up to where it's empty. I don't want it to get to that point! I'll remain calm for the time being, just fire the coach.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          My glass is still half full, but I may end up chugging it all up to where it's empty. I don't want it to get to that point! I'll remain calm for the time being, just fire the coach.
                          Despite the nature of my posts the past week or so, I can't help but hold out hope that the light bulb will suddenly go on for Casey, Lowry, DeRozan and company.

Looking at the standings show just how tight the conference is, and how important every game is. If it remains this way, where only a few games separate #5-8 from #13, it's going to be an interesting time leading up to the trade deadline.

Comment

oseebhai wrote: View Post

The schedule isn't that bad. Sac, Utah are tough but winnable, GSW was just a test game, Lakers are the gimme, Clippers another test.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Schedule is just an excuse.

Do you really BELIEVE we can win anything playing selfish ball? w/ 34% usage rate for DD in the 4th quarter?

Guys. I love this team to death, but these guys failed to inbound the ball TWICE when it mattered. It's fucking embarrassing.
                              This deserves to be read again.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                Despite the nature of my posts the past week or so, I can't help but hold out hope that the light bulb will suddenly go on for Casey, Lowry, DeRozan and company.

Looking at the standings show just how tight the conference is, and how important every game is. If it remains this way, where only a few games separate #5-8 from #13, it's going to be an interesting time leading up to the trade deadline.
                                I have zero faith in Casey changing.

DD and KL could alter their games under a better coach but I do not believe that Casey can be that coach.

The record is fairly meaningless to me. All about establishing a style of play and habits that will be sustainable in the playoffs.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X