No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference Standings Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With a Bulls loss to the Heat tonight they will fall out of the top 8. Sounds like Butler and Mirotic are still a couple of weeks away at best. Rose is seemingly on a play a couple of games.. sit a couple of games due to soreness regimen.

Do the Bulls miss the playoffs this year ?

Heres their next 10... They could go 3 and 7...

Tue, Mar 1
    @Miami

Wed, Mar 2
    @Orlando

Sat, Mar 5
    vsHouston

Mon, Mar 7
    vs Milwaukee

Thu, Mar 10
    @San Antonio

Fri, Mar 11
    vs Miami

Mon, Mar 14
    @Toronto

Wed, Mar 16
    @Washington

Thu, Mar 17
    vs Brooklyn

Sat, Mar 19
    vs Utah
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Mar 1, 2016, 01:08 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      With a Bulls loss to the Heat tonight they will fall out of the top 8. Sounds like Butler and Mirotic are still a couple of weeks away at best. Rose is seemingly on a play a couple of games.. sit a couple of games due to soreness regimen.

Do the Bulls miss the playoffs this year ?
      Would be the best thing to happen for us. As much as I am entirely on board with the Raptors getting themselves in order and being able to take on all comers, I admit a small part of me is still scared by the Bulls - bad things just happen against that team.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Would be the best thing to happen for us. As much as I am entirely on board with the Raptors getting themselves in order and being able to take on all comers, I admit a small part of me is still scared by the Bulls - bad things just happen against that team.
        6-7-8-9 seed all tied. The East is pretty nuts this year. Will probably come right down to the wire to find out who we play in round 1.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Charlotte used to be a black cloud that used to follow us around but we have since buried that one over this season and last. With the Bulls I believe it will be the same. Last year we were a crappy defensive team and the Bulls exploited that mercilessly. This year we are a far better defensive club than last year and to my view its been more one of unfortunate circumstances that have been the bane of our existance with the Bulls this year. Chicago when you get past the media hype reserved for the third largest market in the US is not that good a team. They are viewed through a lens that reports them what the media want them to be rather than what they are. Peel back their record and they are 4-6 over the last 10 and 10 and 15 over their last 25. See them for what they are rather than what they are supposed to be.

Its rationalizing as we lost.. but heres how we did this year vs these guys.

Game 1 our shooters went ice cold after 3q's of controlling the game and building a lead. We couldn't hit the ocean from the beach so to speak and compounding that were nights from the likes of Tony Snell and Aaron Brooks that not even their dads would expect.
          Game 2 was the career night for Jimmy Butler. Butler is really good but that was extraordinary.
          Game 3 we get the Bulls after an 9 day ASG layoff. We were rusty as its our first one. As luck would have it only 4 teams played the night before to get the rust off and guess what.. one em was our current nemisis The Bulls.
          Game 4. We get them at home on March 14th during the homestand. Law of averages suggest that we bust the streak that night and help put more nails into the coffin that buries the Bulls out of the playoffs this year.
          - TGO

Comment

• Fuck, Miami using 100% of 35 year old ISO-Joe...mowed down Chicago to dust

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
              Fuck, Miami using 100% of 35 year old ISO-Joe...mowed down Chicago to dust
              The Bulls look like they are circling the drain...
              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                The Bulls look like they are circling the drain...
                Joe only missed 3 shots. Damn. He would come alive again just in time.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  Joe only missed 3 shots. Damn. He would come alive again just in time.
                  He's gonna fit in nicely there. He'll give them what they hoped they'd get out of winslow this year, and them some
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    He's gonna fit in nicely there. He'll give them what they hoped they'd get out of winslow this year, and them some
                    For sure he will give them more than Winslow could give them ... No slag on Winslow .. its just he is a rookie and he misses assignments.. in the playoffs that will get magnified and exploited all night long....

Still think that without Bosh (and no one in any official capacity in the Heat org seems to be talking about what the immediate future holds for Bosh) the Heat run out of steam in the PO.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Interesting game tonight, Atanta@golden state without curry. I believe without him they're a 40 something win team
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yeah "Joe Johnson is done" lmao man we're so fucked if we meet them in playoffs
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Yeah "Joe Johnson is done" lmao man we're so fucked if we meet them in playoffs
                          Not really fucked, this year we should have capable defender. And Lowry feasts on offensive-minded PGs like Dragic/Kyrie on games with higher importance so it kinda balances the scale.

And if they finish 4th (assuming we end up 2nd, although first time on BR Greg Anthony said true that we will overtake CLE for 1st, still not convinced but hardly not a nice thing to hear) they will give some troubles Cavaliers as well.

Comment

• Bulls got dismantled in Miami. Their defense was non-existent. Miami shot 67.5% from the field. Chicago looks like it's going to be hard-pressed to even make the playoffs with WSH playing well again.

Man, remember when Fred Hoiberg was a genius and Paxson was sure he had a championship calibre roster? Good times.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Bulls got dismantled in Miami. Their defense was non-existent. Miami shot 67.5% from the field. Chicago looks like it's going to be hard-pressed to even make the playoffs with WSH playing well again.

Man, remember when Fred Hoiberg was a genius and Paxson was sure he had a championship calibre roster? Good times.
                              Paxson definitely down graded his coaching just because he hated Thibs
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Paxson definitely down graded his coaching just because he hated Thibs
                                Did people really think it was a downgrade when it happened, though? I feel like there was a lot of people down on Thibs because of rotations, playing time, style of offense, etc. and Hoiberg was a guy better suited to the new NBA.

The Hoiberg and Donovan contrast is interesting. Both college guys with no NBA head coaching experience put into high pressure no-win situations, yet, Donovan seems to have adapted and integrated while Hoiberg looks, at least from the outside, to be out of his depth. Now, Donovan has Durant and Westbrook but that could have gone bad, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X