Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosh Needs To Be At The Game Tonight

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bosh Needs To Be At The Game Tonight

    But if there’s one thing I really want to see tonight, it’s Bosh in the arena.

    I don’t care if he speaks to us or waits until tomorrow morning to do it; I think he’s got to be there just for support. And appearances.

    Now, I don’t know how he’s feeling physically, I don’t know how anyone would be feeling a week removed from nose surgery and I can never assume to know someone else’s pain threshold.

    But this might be the last night he’s with this group and it might be the last night he’s with this organization and I think it’s important that he be there.
    Doug Smith's Toronto Raptors blog


    I think Bosh deserves a standing O tonight if he shows up.

  • #2
    if bosh is having a standing O tonight if he shows up and we either lose to the knicks or the bull beat the bobcats...and then the crowd boo the raptors.... does it defeat the purpose?

    Comment


    • #3
      No, it does not. If Bosh is done he deserves a thank you for seven years of strong play. Best case he's the best Raptor of all-time, worst case he's the second best Raptors off all-time but either way he's leaving the right way and has been a class act for seven years. He deserves appreciation.

      Comment


      • #4
        here here!

        Comment


        • #5
          Apollo wrote: View Post
          No, it does not. If Bosh is done he deserves a thank you for seven years of strong play. Best case he's the best Raptor of all-time, worst case he's the second best Raptors off all-time but either way he's leaving the right way and has been a class act for seven years. He deserves appreciation.
          +1
          http://twitter.com/Liston

          Comment


          • #6
            Bosh was apparently at shoot around encouraging the team.

            Comment


            • #7
              i guess bosh deserves what he's accomplished and i appreciate it. but, it has now been proven he needs help and cannot carry a team on his shoulders.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

              Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

              Comment


              • #8
                LBF wrote: View Post
                but, it has now been proven he needs help and cannot carry a team on his shoulders.
                I'm not sure there should be any buts. He's been the best player in Toronto for seven years and he never wronged the team. Whether or not he's a franchise player should have zero impact on appreciating the man. There is no a shortage of praise and admiration when Jerome Williams' name comes up and he was barely skilled enough to start.

                Comment


                • #9
                  There were times when we beat at Bosh when he was force to take shots that were not his strength at all.

                  Bosh deserves to be treated with dignity from us. Thank Bosh's parents for raising a good son, because also his mom and dad tried to help our community, and never tried to take any spotlight from their son.

                  He was Mats Sundin-ed or Roy Halladay-ed by our sports franchises, he just never was given the proper pieces, and coaching to help him and for our team succeed the right and best way.

                  I'll still keep the Bosh jersey I bought from Champs in West Edmonton Mall.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    tonious35 wrote: View Post
                    There were times when we beat at Bosh when he was force to take shots that were not his strength at all.

                    Bosh deserves to be treated with dignity from us. Thank Bosh's parents for raising a good son, because also his mom and dad tried to help our community, and never tried to take any spotlight from their son.

                    He was Mats Sundin-ed or Roy Halladay-ed by our sports franchises, he just never was given the proper pieces, and coaching to help him and for our team succeed the right and best way.

                    I'll still keep the Bosh jersey I bought from Champs in West Edmonton Mall.
                    Who says he is not staying? You never know?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He better get a standing "O" from the crowd tonight, win or lose. The real sad thing would be if he does decide to leave and gets booed when he comes back next season.

                      I wonder if he'll give the speech after the game or not?
                      The Double Champ is here!
                      Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                      Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        you know what i don't give a crap whether bosh gets a standing o i care about this team and want to see them win so they better start going in the right direction damn soon.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

                        Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If I had to pick between a standing ovation and the boo birds, yes he deserves a standing O, but where has he been?

                          Where are the public outcries of support for his teammates or even baseless claims that if they get in, he will be ready.

                          Roy just re-injured himself helping his team battle for playoff positioning. He needs surgery, but he's out there in the club house and in the media reassuring his fans and teammates that he will play come hell or high water.

                          Is it unfair to slam Bosh while he's hurt and recovering, of course it is, no one knows how bad his face is or how much pain he is in, but he wanted to be the face of the franchise and with comes responsibilities of putting your team ahead of yourself. Bosh for the most part is class act and a warrior, but I think he let everyone down on this one.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            mo-sales wrote: View Post
                            If I had to pick between a standing ovation and the boo birds, yes he deserves a standing O, but where has he been?

                            Where are the public outcries of support for his teammates or even baseless claims that if they get in, he will be ready.

                            Roy just re-injured himself helping his team battle for playoff positioning. He needs surgery, but he's out there in the club house and in the media reassuring his fans and teammates that he will play come hell or high water.

                            Is it unfair to slam Bosh while he's hurt and recovering, of course it is, no one knows how bad his face is or how much pain he is in, but he wanted to be the face of the franchise and with comes responsibilities of putting your team ahead of yourself. Bosh for the most part is class act and a warrior, but I think he let everyone down on this one.
                            You're right on this, I was just wondering this morning why he hasn't been at the games. Who cares if you have a broken face and have a band-aid on your face, I agree he should have been there to support the team in these last few games with so much on the line.

                            Still should get an ovation for the past 7 years.
                            The Double Champ is here!
                            Dynasty King: RRNBADLS7
                            Raptors: Larry O'Brien

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Mack North wrote: View Post
                              He better get a standing "O" from the crowd tonight, win or lose. The real sad thing would be if he does decide to leave and gets booed when he comes back next season.

                              I wonder if he'll give the speech after the game or not?
                              He should. He's the team captain. He should thank the fans for coming out and supporting the team all year. I would understand if he didn't though, I mean he did just break his face. Talking may be very painful.

                              mo-sales wrote: View Post
                              Where are the public outcries of support for his teammates or even baseless claims that if they get in, he will be ready.
                              The man just broke his face for crying out loud. Maybe he doesn't want to do any talking right now because it's painful? Maybe he doesn't want to come out and say something like you suggested because he just broke his face and doesn't know if he would be able to play? I mean if I'm him, I wouldn't guarantee uncertainties because if I can't delivered I'm getting ran out of town in a barrel.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Wed Apr 14th, 2010, 08:02 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X