Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No man's land. How do you get out of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't find the Bruno thread - He's gotten 2 inches taller, he's probably near 7 ft now

Comment

One way that doesn't get talked about enough is by spending money. Raps are 20th in the league in salary. There's no reason they shouldn't be in the top 10.

Comment

Another great game by T.Ross and another testament of the brilliance of MU for rewarding him with that contract.

#FIREMU

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
          Another great game by T.Ross and another testament of the brilliance of MU for rewarding him with that contract.

#FIREMU
          Wow. You really focus on ross a shit ton but cannot see past misuses and ignore his defense that he brings.

How do you feel about biyombo?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post

#FIREMU
            No other person in the world could've traded Bargnani away for multiple picks.. let alone a first rounder. Relax.

Comment

If we let DD walk/trade him before deadline, fire Casey and bring in a top FA (Horford?), then we got Lowry, Cojo, Carroll, JV, FA a potential lottery pick and a better coach to build around, with Bruno, Bebe, Powell and Wright developing in the background (with hopefully at least one of them turning out to be a solid rotational piece).

I think that's a pretty good group to be working with.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I don't like relying on a free agent acquisition to get us out of mediocrity. Very risky

I would prefer to do a draft-style build

Taking a step back is one of the best things we could do right now

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  I don't like relying on a free agent acquisition to get us out of mediocrity. Very risky

I would prefer to do a draft-style build

Taking a step back is one of the best things we could do right now
                  Drafts picks take years to develop. If you rebuild through the draft tear it down until you have a core

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Drafts picks take years to develop. If you rebuild through the draft tear it down until you have a core
                    If you miss on your FA acquisition, you treadmill even harder because you don't add a top pick

I'd like to see a proactive organizational move

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      If you miss on your FA acquisition, you treadmill even harder because you don't add a top pick

I'd like to see a proactive organizational move
                      Running with Hedo probably nets a high lottery pick. Best way is through trades. Swap nickles for quarters. Nobody blinks if Raptors trade Lowry and stuff if it nets Anthony Davis or most of the picks accumulated plus a couple players not Lowry for Favors

Comment

Yup, on average the best way to improve is through trade.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                          TRex ... smh

Barnes is overrated. Big time.

Derozan >>> Barnes

You guys will be disappointed when you thrust him into the #1 spot. He will get exposed when defenders actually game plan for him.

Barnes is a good 3/4th option. You're making him out to be much more than he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Thrust him into #1 spot? huh? when did i say that?

Also, i'm a DeRozan fan, he's a good player who for whatever reason get a lot of shit on this boards. But i'm going to stick to what i said, Barnes > DeRozan.

Barnes has all the potential in the world to be a great player/all star in this league. Impossible to live up to that potential though playing in Golden State.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                            No other person in the world could've traded Bargnani away for multiple picks.. let alone a first rounder. Relax.
                            #StuckinNoMan'sLand

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              Go through NBA teams on trade machine.

It is very tough to find trade partners for either Lowry or DD and getting back anything close to fair value when you look at what they bring to this Raptors team.

Teams either have no need for them or have a need but lack desirable assets.

Masai is stuck when it comes to trading either.

Lots of people talking about Houston and Lowry with pick and Jones or DMo..... Houston's pick goes to Nuggets lottery protected and Jones/DMo going to be free agents in line for insane pay day with cap increase.

Masai is stuck exactly where he said Raps wouldn't be....welcome to no mans land.

You have to assume, though, that he's very aware of this. I don't think he was just sweet-talking when he made that comment about no man's land, I think he meant it. (Actually, I think the whole point of him saying it in the first place was to prime the fan base for a complete tear down.) But then, unexpectedly, the team started winning...

Also, (maybe sadly), the no man's land comment was made when he had full backing from Leiweke, a man who goes after championships. Now, he's answering to a money man, and the allure of the packed houses and playoff revenue that come with a treadmill team may veto any suggestion of a tear down.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                You have to assume, though, that he's very aware of this. I don't think he was just sweet-talking when he made that comment about no man's land, I think he meant it. (Actually, I think the whole point of him saying it in the first place was to prime the fan base for a complete tear down.) But then, unexpectedly, the team started winning...

Also, (maybe sadly), the no man's land comment was made when he had full backing from Leiweke, a man who goes after championships. Now, he's answering to a money man, and the allure of the packed houses and playoff revenue that come with a treadmill team may veto any suggestion of a tear down.
                                I'm very afraid of this

Treadmill kills. Look at what the Bucks went through, their fans wanted them to tank to get off the treadmill

Comment

Working...
                                X