Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No man's land. How do you get out of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying harrison barnes 20+ million would be ridiculous. He can't create for himself most of his offensive numbers come from corner threes. Carrol is a pretty good comparison for him in terms of offensive ability.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote:
      Masai is stuck exactly where he said Raps wouldn't be....welcome to no mans land.
      Wow. Didn't think you'd join us on the dark side this early in the season.

Fwiw I still have a 20% hope of him pulling a rabbit out of his hat by the end of 2016 free agency. It'll be tough and will probably require a trade before the deadline to set the table, but there's a chance, however slim, that he can retool this thing and right the ship.

Comment

I still believe in Masai.

Look at my sig. This happened 800 DAYS ago. How time flies!

Comment

The plan should be trading DeMar for Taj Gibson and make CoJo start next to Lowry. Ross stays as the backup 2 and we play the rookies a bit more.

Valanciunas/Biyombo/Nogueira
          Gibson/Scola/Patterson/Bennett
          Carroll/Johnson/Caboclo
          Joseph/Ross/Powell
          Lowry/Wright

Comment

Didn't read any of the posts, but in response to the thread title, Fire Casey. It's that simple.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Wow. Didn't think you'd join us on the dark side this early in the season.

Fwiw I still have a 20% hope of him pulling a rabbit out of his hat by the end of 2016 free agency. It'll be tough and will probably require a trade before the deadline to set the table, but there's a chance, however slim, that he can retool this thing and right the ship.
              I don't think I'm on the dark side.

I'm just stating what I believe to be true.

Masai is stuck unless he literally gives players away.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                Utah is a potential landing spot, since they are starting to contend and have a hard time attracting FAs. They also need offense and an upgrade at SG. Something like DD, 2Pat, Wright for Burks, Exum, Lyles would be the equivalent of the Raps tanking for a top 5 pick in the Wiggins draft, plus getting some young assets for a rebuild. If DD walks then the Jazz still have something to show for it.
                Hood and Burks are making a nice duo at SG.

Utah needs a PG upgrade if anything.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Go through NBA teams on trade machine.

It is very tough to find trade partners for either Lowry or DD and getting back anything close to fair value when you look at what they bring to this Raptors team.

Teams either have no need for them or have a need but lack desirable assets.

Masai is stuck when it comes to trading either.

Lots of people talking about Houston and Lowry with pick and Jones or DMo..... Houston's pick goes to Nuggets lottery protected and Jones/DMo going to be free agents in line for insane pay day with cap increase.

Masai is stuck exactly where he said Raps wouldn't be....welcome to no mans land.
                  I don't think we have to be stuck.

Step 1 is firing casey, as soon as possible. He has shown, time and again, that he offers nothing from an in-game coaching standpoint.

And the "development' of young players has been highly disappointing. Terrence Ross has somehow regressed from year to year, Valanciunas has been showing growth and yet can't find any opportunities to do any more than rim-runs and garbage collection, to the point where I'm pretty sure all of his improvement has come from Lithuania's coaching.
                  There's no trust from Casey in anyone other than Demar and Lowry. The offensive system is non-existant. The defensive scheme was designed almost as if the intent was to minimize the effectiveness of all our players, and didn't change until there was external intervention.

The lack of preparation is painfully obvious in every single game, as we put up horrendous 1st quarters over and over again.

I could go on and on with my casey rant but on this forum we've covered most of it. Basically, my rural, southwestern ontario farming town's highschool team was better coached.

Step 2
                  trade Derozan. You won't be able to snag a top draft pick.
                  But if you can grab a couple serviceable, relatively young players, at this point you have to take it.
                  My thinking is that if you can grab at least 2 rotation guys on reasonable contracts you can add some depth to our now-awful bench.

The alternative step 2 is to just let Derozan walk and take your chances with FA in the offseason.
                  But either way, you can't keep him. He doesn't play winning, team basketball. He's a shooting guard with no 3 point shot, highly suspect ball control, and horrendous shot selection. He wants 20M + on his next contract. We'd be better served paying 3 bench players that amount. Goodbye.

Step 3 unfortunately is to wait and see what proper coaching can do with the team we have, and to see what moves can be made on the post-derozan roster by Masai.

Whatever happens, this team currently sucks, and looks like an easy 1st round out, once again. It's time for a real change.

Comment

No man's land. How do you get out of it?

I actually like Barnes to play the 4. Ideal small ball 4, he demonstrated that in the playoffs last year where he held his own defensively, was solid moving the ball inside-out and still hit using his range.

If you want to build a non-traditional roster (ie you can find a true PF like Horford) then Barnes at the 4 is solid. Play 4 out around JV (ala Detroit with Drummond) and good things would happen without massive roster turnover (essentially DD out, Barnes in).

Starters would likely be
                    Lowry
                    CoJo
                    Carroll
                    Barnes
                    JV

Wright plays backup PG
                    Ross plays backup SG/SF
                    Scola/JJ backup PF
                    Bebe backup C
                    Last edited by Axel; Sun Nov 22, 2015, 11:41 AM.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      I actually like Barnes to play the 4. Ideal small ball 4, he demonstrated that in the playoffs last year where he held his own defensively, was solid moving the ball inside-out and still hit using his range.

If you want to build a non-traditional roster (ie you can find a true PF like Horford) then Barnes at the 4 is solid. Play 4 out around JV (ala Detroit with Drummond) and good things would happen without massive roster turnover (essentially DD out, Barnes in).

Starters would likely be
                      Lowry
                      CoJo
                      Carroll
                      Barnes
                      JV

Wright plays backup PG
                      Ross plays backup SG/SF
                      Scola/JJ backup PF
                      Bebe backup C
                      Like that alot with picks to boost the sg sopt.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Go through NBA teams on trade machine.

It is very tough to find trade partners for either Lowry or DD and getting back anything close to fair value when you look at what they bring to this Raptors team.

Teams either have no need for them or have a need but lack desirable assets.

Masai is stuck when it comes to trading either.

Lots of people talking about Houston and Lowry with pick and Jones or DMo..... Houston's pick goes to Nuggets lottery protected and Jones/DMo going to be free agents in line for insane pay day with cap increase.

This situation is sound more like politics than sports.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          This situation is sound more like politics than sports.
                          Both Lowry and Demar are on cheap deals and Raptors don't have dead contracts or filler. It's hard to even get a reasonable contract match unless the guy is expiring

Comment

This is exactly the type of move that will put us right back into mediocrity.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Fire MU the architect of this mediocre team.

Some of us see this coming, the brith of another average team under MU, just like Denver. Now it is reality and most of you guys are finally, although 1 year late, seeing the truth.

The guy is just an average GM who can make average teams.

Comment

I'm not a fan of tanking but with the East getting better, next season or even this one might be a good time to get much better. Give Bruno, Bennet and Bebe plus this years pick alot of burn under a good coach. Probably lose alot but be better long term.

Comment

Working...
                                X