Game #16: Toronto Raptors 103 - Cleveland Cavaliers 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    There is no way in hell Casey will get extended after three straight first round exits. Masai gave him what he needs to succeed this off-season, defensive players. If he can't win in the Playoffs, then goodbye.

#FireCasey
    I felt there was no way in hell that Casey would be kept after 2 straight first round losses, the second of which was incredibly embarrassing.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
      I felt there was no way in hell that Casey would be kept after 2 straight first round losses, the second of which was incredibly embarrassing.
      I think its because the team owners don't want to pay Casey after he gets fired. His contract is up after this season.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        Little things I saw and liked:

1. Biyombo's screens. The dude sets solid picks and really clears space for his perimeter people. Has he been called for an illegal screen all year? Amir set solid screens all the time and it's a small thing that can make a big difference.

3. Cleveland's big men. Is Mozgov really that much of a difference maker? I haven't seen much of the Lebrons this year but they look shaky up front. Love looks so good offensively out there but he also give so much back on the other end. I wonder if Lebron wishes they had Wiggins?
        1. With Amir, you know he's going to get called for an illegal screen once a game.

2. Cavs IMO would match up better with GSW's small ball lineup if they had Wiggins.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I think its because the team owners don't want to pay Casey after he gets fired. His contract is up after this season.
          i hope so

Comment

I would guess, and it's just a guess, that the raptors annual operating budget is around 300 to 400M$. Could be more could be less.
            With players salaries, air and hotels for the road, practice facilities , weight rooms, the d league team and the running of the ACC it's not an inexpensive venture.
            While you watch expenses the 4M would be a rounding error to MLSE.
            Think Dwane is here because they want him here.
            These are the same guys who were happy to take on a 35$M dollar contract for a guy , Nathan Horton, who will never play a game for them for cap relief on the hockey side.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              Casey is gonna ride his guys a ridiculous amount all season, get as many wins as possible during regular season without fear of the playoffs.

He knows he will be outcoached and exposed int he playoffs, so injuries/fatigue to guys like Carroll and Lowry will be his excuse for poor playoff performances. its his plan for extension.
              It's a genius plan really

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Lowry and DeRozan did all the right things attacking the basket. Created pressure, made the right decisions, finished plays.

Lowry, who can lead the league in drawn charges, is now leading the league in spg.
                I though DD was efficient. Only once in the fourth quarter did I not like them trying to force the ball to DD who got fronted on the entry pass leading to a turnover. Other than that I liked the sets and ball movement.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  I though DD was efficient. Only once in the fourth quarter did I not like them trying to force the ball to DD who got fronted on the entry pass leading to a turnover. Other than that I liked the sets and ball movement.
                  Demar had a net rating against Cleveland of -5.6.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    He was 7/16 from the field?
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Little things I saw and liked:

1. Biyombo's screens. The dude sets solid picks and really clears space for his perimeter people. Has he been called for an illegal screen all year? Amir set solid screens all the time and it's a small thing that can make a big difference.

2. Pick and roll defense. The defense hasn't changed all that much but man, some subtle changes to the pick and roll defense have been very effective.

3. ATO plays. Some really good stuff out of timeouts. Casey has some good ATO sets but rarely uses them and I thought they did a good job last night getting some clean shots.

Little things I saw and didn't like:

1. Ross gets caught on a lot of screens. A lot. Like all of them. Even bad ones.

2. Forgetting about Scola. The offense was humming so it's not a big deal but Scola can be a more consistent part of the offense, especially when he's en fuego.

3. Cleveland's big men. Is Mozgov really that much of a difference maker? I haven't seen much of the Lebrons this year but they look shaky up front. Love looks so good offensively out there but he also give so much back on the other end. I wonder if Lebron wishes they had Wiggins?
                      I'm so glad you noticed that too. Ross literally gets hung up on EVERY SINGLE SCREEN. He also doesn't know how to read screens properly and because of that he constantly gets beat. I truly don't think this guy will ever get it. He has been in the league 3 years now or whatever and he still doesn't know how to read screens and fight through screens. SMH.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• But other than Ross this was a very good win and was fun to watch. Cleveland is very injured but you have to take the wins when you can get them.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Missed part of the 1st half last night so i'm currently re-watching the game.

Love is an awful defender. He can't guard Scola lol. Scola is eating him alive.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Missed part of the 1st half last night so i'm currently re-watching the game.

This is the game I'll be rewatching during the offseason for sure.

Anyway... Cavs are soft. They really are. How many and-1s did we get last night???

Comment

• So TRoss made some shots in the 1st half eh? didn't notice him in the 2nd half.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Missed part of the 1st half last night so i'm currently re-watching the game.

This is what happens when you let Lebron James be your team's defacto GM.

You trade a dynamic 2-way stud wing player on a rookie contract (Wiggins) for an always injured 1-way PF (Love) on a max contract and then sign another one-dimensional PF (Thompson) as a backup at close to the max. And Love doesn't even fit on the Cavs once Kyrie gets back. Kyrie-Wiggins-LBJ-TT is so much better all-around than Kyrie-JR-LBJ-Love. And Wiggins can guard 3 positions, whereas Love can't even guard his shadow.

Lebron-Wiggins would have been the closest thing to Jordan-Pippen, but LBJ totally effed that up, thankfully for the eastern conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X