OKAY GUYS - 16 Games In - Four Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OKAY GUYS - 16 Games In - Four Questions

1.) What player do think has exceeded both what you perceive their contract value to be, and the expectations you had for them this season?

2.) Is there an offseason move you were in favor of but now have doubts? Or contrary to that is there a move you had doubts about that you may have been wrong about?

3.) Do you think Cory Joseph could be a starting PG in this league/on this team?

4.) Is this team ahead of where you thought they would be, behind, or right around what you expected?
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

I'm not an expert, but here are my thoughts.

1) Cory Joseph

2) Not really

3) Yes

4) About where I expected them to be

Comment

I'm not replying to this sexist thread.
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        1.) What player do think has exceeded both what you perceive their contract value to be, and the expectations you had for them this season?
        Luis Scola… Though we got him for insurance purposes behind PPat I wasn’t expecting what he has brought on the floor and what he brings inside the room. Solid pickup. Our version of Paul Pierce and what he did for the Whiz in last years post season. Unflappable veteran.
        2.) Is there an offseason move you were in favor of but now have doubts? Or contrary to that is there a move you had doubts about that you may have been wrong about?
        Was big time in favour of giving Anthony Bennett a second chance. While he hasn’t done anything in the limited minutes he has seen to not put him in… nor has he done something to warrant more court time.
        3.) Do you think Cory Joseph could be a starting PG in this league/on this team?
        Yes CJ can be a starter in this league.
        As long as Kyle is here and motivated he won’t start in Toronto.
        4.) Is this team ahead of where you thought they would be, behind, or right around what you expected?
        Think this team is ahead. Especially if they take the next two against the Whiz and the Suns. The defense is much much better than last years edition. The offense sputters but is hovering in or near the top 10. What has exceeded my expectations is how much tougher these guys are. Not trash talk tough but how they play a much more physical game and they do not back down an inch. Attribute that to Biyombo/Carroll and Scola. Its contagious and has spread to the others.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

1. CoJo's been better than expected and good value for $7mm/yr. TRoss deserved this type of contract at best and instead got much more.

2. Was doubtful of Carroll being worth the $$, so far on offense he's proven me right (his TS% has dropped by over 10% to sub-50% levels, yuck), but his D has been great and might change my mind--if he can supply the same impact in the playoffs.

3. CoJo as a starter? Yes. As an effective starter? Not until he shores up that 3 point shot. But having Tony Parker Jr is still valuable even in the pace and space NBA.

4. A little better than I expected given that we have four new contributors in Carroll, CoJo, Scola, and Bismack. Will be interesting to see how we gel over the next six weeks and how Jonas's return will impact the dynamic then.

Comment

1) Luis Scola. I never imagined that he'd be the guy the team would rely on to carry them for stretches. He's had a number of 20 point games for us already and the season is still young.

2) Truthfully, Anthony Bennett. I was hoping that he would at least be able to contribute somehow to the team right away, but he's basically not good for anything at this point. Unless we send him down to the D League I feel there's no hope for him developing at all.

3) Cory Joseph is a good fill-in starter, like the role he played in San Antonio. I wouldn't call him a bonafide starter, but I think once his jumpshot (especially from 3) becomes more consistent he can definitely become one.

4) The team is around where I think they'd be. A few games over .500. It would be nice if they had a better offensive system in place though. There seems to be more of an effort to move the ball around, but too often guys are just standing around on offense which makes the ball movement useless. The next step is more player movement off the ball I think.
            Oh and when JV comes back give him the ball please. Especially when he's open on dump offs.
            OG is our king

Comment

1. CoJo, hands down.

2. Scola. Not because he's played poorly but because I hate the way he's being used. Even when he plays well the rest of the starters tend to get shut out of the offence. Now Patterson is stuck with a bench unit that he doesn't fit, and Scola is dragging down the starters' performance as a group.

3. Yes.

4. Behind defensively, ahead offensively (with some late game exceptions where they are right on pattern), so it levels out to about where I expected. Hopefully they can improve in this coming stretch.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

1. Luis Scola. He had a few rough games, but overall has been pretty good. CoJo and Biyombo also have exceeded expectations imo.

2. No, I was happy with all of the FA signings.

3. Yes.

4. About what I expected.

Comment

1. Bismack Biyombo. The guy has been beastly on D for us all year, and has played really well in stretches. Plus, he's getting and making FT's. That's huge AF out of a big.

2. Signing Carroll to a 4-year deal. With the minutes he's been playing, his shooting not looking as good and the foot issue, he may get banged up quickly, considering our history with Small Forwards.

3. No, but I do think he's more than capable of being the SG instead of DD. Him and Lowry together shut teams down.

4. I think were around what I thought we'd be, but the numbers surprise me. Were staying in games, but were losing against teams we should beat and then beating on teams we would lose against last year. It's confusing as hell.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                    I'm not replying to this sexist thread.
                    you just replied to this sexist thread

also guys in my book means everyone
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

1)lowry for contract value and scola for play. i expected scola to be a stop gap place holder that didn't hurt the team. he has been wonderful and watching the mane fly through the air as the old guy bolts up and down the court has been great

2)i had no doubts about the carrol signing but the foot issues in year one of a 4 year 65 million deal are a bit concerning. same issue with noahs feet if i remember and maybe someone older than me can tell me if that is what rik smits feet were about too

3)depends on the team. on a really deep team yes, on a really shitty team yes, but not on a middle fighting for playoffs team, in my opinion

4)i said at least one better than last year so if we are on pace for 50 wins then about right.

Comment

you just replied to this sexist thread

also guys in my book means everyone
                        the word you are looking for then thead is "everyone". lets try to be all inclusive here. haha

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post

2) Truthfully, Anthony Bennett. I was hoping that he would at least be able to contribute somehow to the team right away, but he's basically not good for anything at this point. Unless we send him down to the D League I feel there's no hope for him developing at all.
                          bennet is a funny case where i think the d-league won't help him. you send him down there and he will dominate on natural ability and learn nothing. sitting on the bench, getting stronger, watching/learning from scola is probably best for him

Comment

Timely thread.

1. CoJo

2. Wasnt quite sure whether Wright was the best pick available...hoping for a big (PF) but hindsight in a way because CoJo fell into our laps

3. Doubts about CoJo being a starter...but a great backup and versatile too

4. Considering their schedule to date they are doing good. A few new pieces so time required to gel. It'll happen I think/hope

Team may not exceed total Wins of last season but built with playoffs in mind as long as health is true.

Trade deadline still to occur. I like trajectory.

Comment

1. Gotta be Lowry. Clearly our best player, i'd argue best pg in the east, for only 12 mill

2. I'd say Scola has surprised most, considering he is 35 and has a large impact. Although I hope once JV is back, he takes more of a rest, to preserve him for playoffs.

3. Cojo could be a starter, but you better have a good team around him. I think there is a pretty big drop off between Lowry and Cojo.

4. Yeah this is kinda what I expected, a lot of close games, win some lose some.

Nice post, OP

Comment

Working...
                              X