Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #17: Toronto Raptors 84 - Washington Wizards 82

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • tDotted wrote: View Post
    Are we really that bad? 3rd straight team we've made reevaluate themselves lol
    Haha I love it.

    Hey Lords of the Front Page, let's get rid of the Biyombo Missed Bunnies Count and replace it with an Opposing Team Internal Meltdown Caused Count
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

    Comment


    • If you haven't noticed it, when you're watching the replay of Joseph's shot (particularly the camera angle that zooms in on the hoop as the ball's going through), watch Humphries' reaction in the background.

      Comment


      • TRex wrote: View Post
        I wonder if he's 100% healthy? if he's not he shouldn't be playing.
        He's not fully healthy. You can easily tell he's playing through the pain. Expect to see some nights where his shot is off the whole year, Rex.


        It's either that or you lose 2 starters for who knows how long? Carroll's injury isn't one you usually rest.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

        Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

        Comment


        • yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          I would offer our first this year, the lac first next year, and wright for dmo.

          A lot of ppl are sleeping on him and he and jv have been tearing it up in international ball for years now, so they have a lot of chemistry already


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          DanH wrote: View Post
          This is fun. An advocacy of getting rid of JV using post scoring stats! Delightful.

          Reality is, Motiejunas would be a great get. Mostly because he would fit really well beside JV. JV can hit a short jumper and crash the boards when Motie is posting. Motiejunas can hit the three when JV is posting. And you can go into the post to whoever is guarded by the lesser defender. Killer pairing. They might be the best post big man pairing in the league in a couple years.

          But trading JV for Motie would be insane.

          I do think HOU will move Motie, due to the injuries and with both him and Jones being RFA's this summer. And I think he can be had for a much less steep price than JV.

          Houston may go south in a hurry this year. If they do Darryl Morey who is not one to to let time go by if he sees what he has isn't going to work out may have quite the firesale at the trade deadline. If he does we wouldn't have to offer nearly as much for Dontas as you might think. One of those projected 20ish 1st rounders we have and perhaps a Dleague prospect might do it.
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Nov 29, 2015, 02:11 PM.
          And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

          Comment


          • JV >>>> DMo. And it's not even close. Sorry Christian.

            Someone also mentioned that you can't have Biyombo as your starter if you want to win playoff game. I disagree.

            Biyombo is a great rim protector, he's a high energy guy, he plays hard ALL THE TIME, he's a leader on the defensive side of the ball. If you watched last night's game you can see him talking on defense.

            If you surround him with scorers and playmakers and shooters like Lowry, Joseph, DeRozan and Carroll. I think you can get away with having a guy like Biz on offense.

            Also, the funny thing about saying you can't have a guy like Biyombo as your starter if you want to win a playoff game is, when was the last time we won a playoff game with JV as our starting C? Game 5 vs the Nets?
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • TRex wrote: View Post
              JV >>>> DMo. And it's not even close. Sorry Christian.

              Someone also mentioned that you can't have Biyombo as your starter if you want to win playoff game. I disagree.

              Biyombo is a great rim protector, he's a high energy guy, he plays hard ALL THE TIME, he's a leader on the defensive side of the ball. If you watched last night's game you can see him talking on defense.

              If you surround him with scorers and playmakers and shooters like Lowry, Joseph, DeRozan and Carroll. I think you can get away with having a guy like Biz on offense.

              Also, the funny thing about saying you can't have a guy like Biyombo as your starter if you want to win a playoff game is, when was the last time we won a playoff game with JV as our starting C? Game 5 vs the Nets?
              Well that works for all our starters, I guess you can't DD, Lowry starting either since the last time we won a playoff game with them was game 5 vs BKN
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

              Comment


              • TRex wrote: View Post
                Also, the funny thing about saying you can't have a guy like Biyombo as your starter if you want to win a playoff game is, when was the last time we won a playoff game with JV as our starting C? Game 5 vs the Nets?
                Low blow man..

                Comment


                • Axel wrote: View Post
                  I assume Andre Robertson is actually Andre Roberson of OKC, so the first 2 you listed are on the same team. I think that says more about their lack of options besides Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka than your point.

                  Mahinmi isn't that bad actually.

                  Mosgov plays with LeBron and Love.

                  So yes, with a star player capable of carrying the offence, you can have defensive only guys in your line up.

                  Biyombo starting in the playoffs would mean serious trouble for the Raps.

                  Yes it would be trouble for us if Biyombo was the starting 5 for the playoffs.
                  Biz was brought in to play his 15-18 mins a game of hard nosed defense and to rebound the hell out of it on both ends of the floor. He is doing that. Right now he is the next man up and will do his best on offense.
                  This is all you can ask of him.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Nov 29, 2015, 02:12 PM.
                  And with the 4th overall pick the Toronto Raptors select..... Scottie Barnes.

                  Comment


                  • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Well that works for all our starters, I guess you can't DD, Lowry starting either since the last time we won a playoff game with them was game 5 vs BKN
                    I still can't believe we lost that series. We were up 3-2 with homecourt, but still lost


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                    Comment


                    • yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                      I still can't believe we lost that series. We were up 3-2 with homecourt, but still lost


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      We had all the momentum in game 5 but in the 4th Joe Johnson went off and almost made a comeback. Then games 6 and 7 we just choked
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                      Comment


                      • I'm not sure why having some depth, where a bench player can fill in for a starter and you keep winning, needs to cause all this roster panic for fans. Has GS traded Barnes since Iggy had such a great finals last year? Tristan Thompson had a nice playoff run too - surely Cleveland has traded Mozgov by now? Maybe Love? I mean it's a guard's league...
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                        Comment


                        • S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I'm not sure why having some depth, where a bench player can fill in for a starter and you keep winning, needs to cause all this roster panic for fans. Has GS traded Barnes since Iggy had such a great finals last year? Tristan Thompson had a nice playoff run too - surely Cleveland has traded Mozgov by now? Maybe Love? I mean it's a guard's league...
                          It's was bound to happen, just like when people wanted to trade Lowry because Cojo is playing good. Lowry has been the best PG in the entire conference and they wanted to trade him LMFAO
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                          Comment


                          • S.R. wrote: View Post
                            I'm not sure why having some depth, where a bench player can fill in for a starter and you keep winning, needs to cause all this roster panic for fans. Has GS traded Barnes since Iggy had such a great finals last year? Tristan Thompson had a nice playoff run too - surely Cleveland has traded Mozgov by now? Maybe Love? I mean it's a guard's league...
                            Or you could even use the example of Bogut and Ezeli.

                            Comment


                            • tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Or you could even use the example of Bogut and Ezeli.
                              There's tons of bench guys who can step into a starting 5 right now and be effective, plus guys who should be on a bench.


                              I bet I can put together a starting 5 of bench guys that would make the playoffs.....
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                              Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                              Comment


                              • TRex wrote: View Post
                                Also, the funny thing about saying you can't have a guy like Biyombo as your starter if you want to win a playoff game is, when was the last time we won a playoff game with JV as our starting C? Game 5 vs the Nets?
                                When's the last time we won a playoff game with Derozan as our starting 2? Lowry as our point guard? Dwane Casey as our head coach? Drake as our official ambassador?

                                (C'mon TRex, this one was just too easy...)
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X