Game #17: Toronto Raptors 84 - Washington Wizards 82

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    I would offer our first this year, the lac first next year, and wright for dmo.

A lot of ppl are sleeping on him and he and jv have been tearing it up in international ball for years now, so they have a lot of chemistry already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This isn't international ball. You can't have this two as your starters if you want a top notch defence.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      This isn't international ball. You can't have this two as your starters if you want a top notch defence.
      you can't have biyombo as your starter if you want to win playoff games. Even Ben Wallace contributed more offensively.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Miserable game, awesome final shot. Defence was OK (mostly solid but again with the open threes), kept them in it.

This is what I expected from an offence with Biyombo at C - everything was difficult. Tough passes, leading to turnovers, tough shots, tough drives. Ugly.

Got the win though. Barely, with Wall bricking free throws at the end, against a team that was getting routinely blown out, but it's a win. Take it, hope for better play next time out.
        there was also a lot of good looks for Gortat. He was on his way to embarrassing biyombo before Wall and Beal "JV-ed" him out of the game.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          you can't have biyombo as your starter if you want to win playoff games. Even Ben Wallace contributed more offensively.
          That still has to be seen. If you play elite defensive you will always give yourself ma chance to win at the end. Defense is more important that offense. Especially if your perimeter orientated team offensively.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Just stop it. Thank god you ain't GM or some type investment banker. Do you really think it's a good deal to trade 5-year long investment who's going to pay dividends for years to come for Motejunas who's by the way, doesn't even have muscle that supports his back and his legs.

I'm sure Masai would never trade Jonas just for Motejunas. He would go big.
            Last edited by rocwell; Sun Nov 29, 2015, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
              Just stop it.
              Just saying he does what is suppose to be JV's calling card better and he can hit the 3 at a good rate. Don't see why its laughable their both good starters. Cant really say either is better than the other based on last year.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

there was also a lot of good looks for Gortat. He was on his way to embarrassing biyombo before Wall and Beal "JV-ed" him out of the game.
                Lol its a guards game man
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Just saying he does what is suppose to be JV's calling card better and he can hit the 3 at a good rate. Don't see why its laughable their both good starters. Cant really say either is better than the other based on last year.
                  I'll take Jonas without finger bones over that kid without muscles that support his back and his legs. Thanks.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    I'll take Jonas without finger bones over that kid without muscles that support his back and his legs. Thanks.
                    Well when healthy I'll go with Dmo. He is a better fit on this team and the way this league is trending.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

A lot of good teams have one player in their starting unit that is purely there for their defense.
                      Steven Adams
                      Andre Robertson
                      Timofey Mosgov
                      Ian Mahinmi

Raps have enough offense in their starting unit to compensate for BB deficiencies.
                      Last edited by slamdunk23; Sun Nov 29, 2015, 02:52 AM.

Comment

I would trade Jv straight up for Dmo though. Dmo is a very underated player.
                        No man. Just no.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                          A lot of good teams have one player in their starting unit that is purely there for their defense.
                          Steven Adams
                          Andre Robertson
                          Timofey Mosgov
                          Ian Mahinmi

Raps have enough offense in their starting unit to compensate for BB deficiencies.
                          I assume Andre Robertson is actually Andre Roberson of OKC, so the first 2 you listed are on the same team. I think that says more about their lack of options besides Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka than your point.

Mahinmi isn't that bad actually.

Mosgov plays with LeBron and Love.

So yes, with a star player capable of carrying the offence, you can have defensive only guys in your line up.

Biyombo starting in the playoffs would mean serious trouble for the Raps.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            I assume Andre Robertson is actually Andre Roberson of OKC, so the first 2 you listed are on the same team. I think that says more about their lack of options besides Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka than your point.

So yes, with a star player capable of carrying the offence, you can have defensive only guys in your line up.

I would argue that Lowry is definitely a star player ..... Demar can also be one for stretches.

I don't think Biyombo starting in the playoffs will be as bad as some make it out to seem, but who knows.

I do think you will see him finishing games in the playoffs and that's more important anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Also I'd like to add Mozgov is really not a great defender anyway.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                I would argue that Lowry is definitely a star player ..... Demar can also be one for stretches.

I don't think Biyombo starting in the playoffs will be as bad as some make it out to seem, but who knows.

I do think you will see him finishing games in the playoffs and that's more important anyways.
                                Lowry has yet to maintain star level play over the course of a season - so until then a step down from the Durant/LeBron stars. Plus his decision making leaves a lot to be desired many nights.

DD is not a star. He can have good games but he isn't a star.

Biyombo should not finish games either. He is still a huge negative on offence and his defence is vastly overrated. He's a specific matchup backup. In the playoffs, it's harder to score, so giving the defence one less threat on the court means it will be even harder to score. We aren't talented enough to afford that type of advantage to the defence.

Comment

Working...
                                X