Game #19: Toronto Raptors 96 - Atlanta Hawks 86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game #19: Toronto Raptors 96 - Atlanta Hawks 86

The Raps try to bounce back after a tough loss against the Suns on a trip to Atlanta, DeMarre Carroll's first game back in the town where he played the last couple seasons.

Projected Starters:

Toronto:

Kyle Lowry
    DeMar DeRozan
    DeMarre Carroll
    Luis Scola
    Bismack Biyombo

Atlanta:

Jeff Teague
    Kyle Korver
    Thabo Sefolosha
    Paul Millsap
    Al Horford

Keys to the game:

1. Can Ross and 2Pat show up?

2. Seriously. Our bench outside of Joseph has been pretty shit.

3. We need some fucking bench points

GO RAPS!!!!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Let's bring back John Salmons and Alan Anderson
    OG is our king

Comment

#bench

Comment

Go Raps!

Not holding out much hope for this one. Sef on DD could spell disaster for the offence. A huge game from Lowry will be needed for a win here.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We've got their number. I'm not worried

Comment

Automatic win.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Lowry going ham is a must for this team to win on most nights.....

Thabo is going to give demar alot of trouble(based on the thabo being thabo) and it will come down to if demar will adapt and take a back seat or continue to go for 20.

with no JV i fear they will beat us the fuck up inside and casey will go small and try to have carroll guarding millsap.

Comment

Game #19 Toronto Raptors VS Atlanta Hawks 02/12/15 8:00 PM ET TSN

consmap wrote: View Post
                Let's bring back John Salmons and Alan Anderson
                Oh god, Casey's two go-to veterans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by A.I; Wed Dec 2, 2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I watched them beat OKC the other night. They've got a lot of healthy weapons, of course (Horford, Millsap Korver, Teague). But with the Wizards beating the Cavs, too, it seems everybody is beating up on everybody by turns.

Seems to me we could really use JV here, though ...

But I think the lads will really want to win this one for Carroll .... and vice versa.

We're more rested than ever this year. Really wish this were a home game ... (Damnit).

Ach! Can't call it ... but it should be good.
                  Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Wed Dec 2, 2015, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Only thing I want to see tonight is more Bebe.

Hawks have a good front court so defending the paint without collapsing off shooters will be key. Whoever is on Korver has 1 job on defence, and if they fall asleep on the job, Casey should pull them out. Thankfully Thabo doesn't offer offence, so we can collapse off of him at least.

Other main key has to be stopping the dribble drive from Teague & Schroeder. If they get good penetration, we could be in a long night.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                      We've got their number. I'm not worried
                      You sure about that? Don't you remember TV series Toronto Raptors at Atlanta & Refs?

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Only thing I want to see tonight is more Bebe.

Hawks have a good front court so defending the paint without collapsing off shooters will be key. Whoever is on Korver has 1 job on defence, and if they fall asleep on the job, Casey should pull them out. Thankfully Thabo doesn't offer offence, so we can collapse off of him at least.

Other main key has to be stopping the dribble drive from Teague & Schroeder. If they get good penetration, we could be in a long night.
                        The Hawks bigs shoot a lot of jumpshots (apart from Splitter) and we saw how Bebe dealt with that the other night. Although in his defence Teletovic has no shooting conscience.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                          The Hawks bigs shoot a lot of jumpshots (apart from Splitter) and we saw how Bebe dealt with that the other night. Although in his defence Teletovic has no shooting conscience.
                          Ideal defender is someone with length. Bebe is much better equipped than Biyombo in that regard, just needs a chance and some experience.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Ideal defender is someone with length. Bebe is much better equipped than Biyombo in that regard, just needs a chance and some experience.
                            I too hope we see Bebe get some more time on the floor tonight . Bebe looks athletic enough to stay within contesting range of Horford as he leaks out for those jump shots and he has that wing span that can make up for a step or a step and a half.
                            Al seems to like the right side and the top of the key as he is trying to add the 3ball to his game. If Bebe is asked to stay with Al he should be long enough to at least contest those shots. I think he will have learned a little from the Suns game.
                            At face value he should be as good as or perhaps even better equipped athletically than Biz to chase Al around the floor. Scola or Ppat will have to stay home to clean up the defensive boards if the scheme has him staying with Al and not switching off.

Not looking forward to PPat on Milsap though. Scola in my view will be the better option based on his size and moxie as Milsap is one smart player and can play inside and out. Scolas lack of speed shouldn't be as big a factor as Milsap isn't as fast on average as other PF's .
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Dec 2, 2015, 05:11 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't want to see Bebe out there tonight because it can only mean Biz is in foul trouble. Biz being on a hot streak (for him) defensively is something I want to see ridden out. Gotta find out what you have in him and how he plays against quality bigs.

I think DD is goint to have an opportunity to get a lot of favourable match ups if ATL plays their two PG line up, and I expect Carroll to be all over Korver tonight since he is familiar with his game.

Scola with a big game? PP has to hold his own tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X