No announcement yet.

Game #30: Toronto Raptors 103 - Dallas Mavericks 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed the game... can someone explain to me how CoJo played 27 mins, Delon played 7 and Lowry still managed to play 38 (with DD playing 40)?

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
      Missed the game... can someone explain to me how CoJo played 27 mins, Delon played 7 and Lowry still managed to play 38 (with DD playing 40)?
      CoJo some sickness going on. Casey doesn't trust rooks like Delon too much. He looked shaky as well. And we blew a lead and had to put Lowry in.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Missed the game... can someone explain to me how CoJo played 27 mins, Delon played 7 and Lowry still managed to play 38 (with DD playing 40)?
        That's easy. CoJo played only 3 minutes as the sole PG. 24 at the 2. DD and Ross had a bunch of minutes at the 3, since JJ and Carroll were out and Powell was in the D-League.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          looking at the box score looks like delon had a good game. no turnovers, a rebound and an assist with +5. good job
          He definitely created one pretty brutal over-and-back turnover with Lowry, but they must have given it to Lowry for some reason. Overall, though, I thought it was a decent performance - more so than most here...I mean, it was, for all intents and purposes, his NBA debut - at least in terms of playing minutes that matter. He was nervous at first.
          Last edited by JimiCliff; Wed Dec 23, 2015, 10:05 AM.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            He definitely created one pretty brutal over-and-back turnover with Lowry, but they must have given it to Lowry for some reason. Overall, though, I thought it was a decent performance - more so than most here...I mean, it was, for all intents and purposes, his NBA debut - at least in terms of playing minutes that matter. He was nervous at first.
            I actually blamed Lowry for the over-and-back somewhat, as he got way too close and brought his defender with him, making it look like a 3-man trap with nowhere for Wright to go.

You could tell Wright was a little timid at first, especially when he was out there with another PG. I think he is more than capable of playing 5-10 MPG on a regular basis, to get him much needed experience and help give our guards (Lowry, Joseph and DeRozan) more rest as the season drags on.

Between that one sweet spin move that got him to the basket (would have been a highlight reel play with a tad more spin on the ball) and the dish to Biyombo, we got glimpses of his court vision and creativeness. I think he could develop into a solid backup PG.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I actually blamed Lowry for the over-and-back somewhat, as he got way too close and brought his defender with him, making it look like a 3-man trap with nowhere for Wright to go.

You could tell Wright was a little timid at first, especially when he was out there with another PG. I think he is more than capable of playing 5-10 MPG on a regular basis, to get him much needed experience and help give our guards (Lowry, Joseph and DeRozan) more rest as the season drags on.

Between that one sweet spin move that got him to the basket (would have been a highlight reel play with a tad more spin on the ball) and the dish to Biyombo, we got glimpses of his court vision and creativeness. I think he could develop into a solid backup PG.
              Yep, he has good potential.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I can't believe Dirk is about to pass Shaq for 6th on the all time points leaderboard. Like I always think of Dirk as great, but not 6th all time in scoring great. It's unbelievable.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                  I can't believe Dirk is about to pass Shaq for 6th on the all time points leaderboard. Like I always think of Dirk as great, but not 6th all time in scoring great. It's unbelievable.
                  Dirk plays a more finesse game and doesn't take the type of beatings that Shaq did. So health is the main reason. It's also why guys like Kareem and Malone are #1 and #2 (although I see Lebron getting in there before he's done).

Comment

• From Pinnacle Sports lead basketball trader (he's really good at this. One of the best. )

Toronto Raptors - Losing Valanciunas and Carroll hasn't set them back so far, thanks to the amazing year by now #1 East PG (nosing out John Wall for the moment), Kyle Lowry. If they can get healthy before exhausting Lowry, they should fight around the Bulls' seed level.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      From Pinnacle Sports lead basketball trader (he's really good at this. One of the best. )

Toronto Raptors - Losing Valanciunas and Carroll hasn't set them back so far, thanks to the amazing year by now #1 East PG (nosing out John Wall for the moment), Kyle Lowry. If they can get healthy before exhausting Lowry, they should fight around the Bulls' seed level.
                      The Raptors can be anywhere between 2nd and 5th seed. Other than the Cavs and maybe Hawks, the East is pretty wide open for the 3rd-8th seeds.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        The Raptors can be anywhere between 2nd and 5th seed. Other than the Cavs and maybe Hawks, the East is pretty wide open for the 3rd-8th seeds.
                        East is very competitive this year.

"Atlanta Hawks - Sorry, Hawks fans, but you've got a 44-50 win team this season."

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                          I can't believe Dirk is about to pass Shaq for 6th on the all time points leaderboard. Like I always think of Dirk as great, but not 6th all time in scoring great. It's unbelievable.
                          He's one of the most underrated/underappreciated player of his generation. To me he's one of the best PF to ever play the game. Top 5 easily.

The Mavs 2011 championship run was amazing. One of my all time favourite championship teams. Dirk's performance in the Lakers and Thunder and Heat series was legendary. He singlehandedly carried the Mavs that year to a championship. Usually a championship team has 2 or 3 superstar players on their team. Dirk was the only superstar on that 2011 Mavs team.

It sucks though that after they beat the Heat that year all the talk was LeBron James and why the Heat lost. Instead of how the Mavs won and how good Dirk Nowitzki is.

One of the best playoff performance i've ever seen:

Last edited by The Great One; Thu Dec 24, 2015, 02:56 AM.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            He's one of the most underrated/underappreciated player of his generation. To me he's one of the best PF to ever play the game. Top 5 easily.

The Mavs 2011 championship run was amazing. One of my all time favourite championship teams. Dirk's performance in the Lakers and Thunder and Heat series was legendary. He singlehandedly carried the Mavs that year to a championship. Usually a championship team has 2 or 3 superstar players on their team. Dirk was the only superstar on that 2011 Mavs team.

It sucks though that after they beat the Heat that year all the talk was LeBron James and why the Heat lost. Instead of how the Mavs won and how good Dirk Nowitzki is.

remember the "heat index" on nba main page of espn. god

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

It sucks though that after they beat the Heat that year all the talk was LeBron James and how the Heat lost. Instead of how the Mavs won and how good Dirk Nowitzki is.

Top 5 PF without question. Only ones that are definitely ahead of him are Duncan and Malone, you can make a case for KG and Barkley.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Top 5 PF without question. Only ones that are definitely ahead of him are Duncan and Malone, you can make a case for KG and Barkley.
                                Definitely Barkley. Barkley was better than Dirk at everything but 3 pt shooting (and still gave you just as many points). Guy in his prime could get you 2 steals, 4-5 assists, 12-14 rebounds, and 25-28 points. He was dominant. Also a freak athlete.

Dirk has only passed him in scoring by playing a couple more seasons.

Also that Dallas championship team was nice, but Dirk himself has said they snuck into a narrow window there. That team wouldn't win most years.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X