No announcement yet.

Game #30: Toronto Raptors 103 - Dallas Mavericks 99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i find the 4 a tricky spot to make a list on. such a drastic change in the use of that position recently. garnet has to be there, the big ticket years were fucking sick. he started the out of high high school brigade. him and dirk might be the main reasons the position changed but garnet still had a nice back to basket game, i also seem to remember him playing the 3 for a bit but that might be a fever dream.

duncan
    mailman
    garnett
    barkley
    i guess dirk, i am also partial to the worm

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      He's one of the most underrated/underappreciated player of his generation. To me he's one of the best PF to ever play the game. Top 5 easily.

The Mavs 2011 championship run was amazing. One of my all time favourite championship teams. Dirk's performance in the Lakers and Thunder and Heat series was legendary. He singlehandedly carried the Mavs that year to a championship. Usually a championship team has 2 or 3 superstar players on their team. Dirk was the only superstar on that 2011 Mavs team.

It sucks though that after they beat the Heat that year all the talk was LeBron James and why the Heat lost. Instead of how the Mavs won and how good Dirk Nowitzki is.

One of the best playoff performance i've ever seen:

Absolutely agree with everything here. It really does blow my mind that three of the top 5 PFs of all time are from the same generation: Dirk, Duncan and KG.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        Top 5 PF without question. Only ones that are definitely ahead of him are Duncan and Malone, you can make a case for KG and Barkley.
        I have a hard time rating Dirk over KG, simply because Dirk's defense & rebounding was sub-par while KG's was DPOY level. And that is only because of Dirk's lack of athleticism, because his compete level was as high as anybody whose ever played.

Dirk was a flawed player defensively, especially if we're having a GOAT discussion. It was only when they paired him with Tyson Chandler (his basketball soul-mate, lol), were the Mavs able to get over the hump. I put Steve Nash in that similar type of one-way superstar category.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          I have a hard time rating Dirk over KG, simply because Dirk's defense & rebounding was sub-par while KG's was DPOY level. And that is only because of Dirk's lack of athleticism, because his compete level was as high as anybody whose ever played.

Dirk was a flawed player defensively, especially if we're having a GOAT discussion. It was only when they paired him with Tyson Chandler (his basketball soul-mate, lol), were the Mavs able to get over the hump. I put Steve Nash in that similar type of one-way superstar category.
          Idk Guys like Ben Wallace, Dirk, Gary Payton, Reggie Miller may have been flawed but what they did well they did really well.

Comment

• I have Dirk ahead of KG in my all time PF list.

KG needed to team up with Pierce and Allen in Boston to win his championship. He didn't come close to winning one in Minnesota. Dirk on the other hand stayed in Dallas. And like i said, his performance in the 2011 playoffs was legendary.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I also want to add, that 2011 Mavs team IMO was the most underrated Finals team of all time. People forget the path they went to.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                I also want to add, that 2011 Mavs team IMO was the most underrated Finals team of all time. People forget the path they went to.
                Yeah, one of the best I've seen in my time watching the NBA. The Mavs destroyed the Lakers (the champions the year before), Dirk took over during crunch time against the Thunder, and they basically shutdown Lebron in the Finals.

Comment

Working...
                X