• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel
    replied
    Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    what's the "other side"?
    Whether it's someone posting after a game that it was a fake win or its someone like DS who's sole purpose of using it is to irritate people who don't think "a win is a win".

People can debate the value of a win with well reasoned posts, but seen too many using the term "fake win" or #fakewin for no purpose beyond baiting (you have been guilty of this) other posters. It's to stop.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Really doesn't matter. #FakeWin or any other fake win posts need to stop (both sides).
    If the Raptor beat a team shooting 70% from three its a fake win just like when they can't hit any open shots. It's just something that happens over 82 games. The only reason to go through a regular season is to adjust going into the playoff. if 2Pats and DC struggle all season, then TRoss might have to play a much bigger role. If Scola keeps getting burned on the perimeter then adjustments need to be made. It's a fake win if it doesn't help in the playoffs. Raptors won't be facing the Bucks terrible defense or the Sixer complete lack of any offense

Leave a comment:

• Wild-ling#1
    replied
    Really doesn't matter. #FakeWin or any other fake win posts need to stop (both sides).
    what's the "other side"?

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Demo didn't coin the phrase ... and doesn't speak for me on this point.

I found it simply most convenient not to have to try to explain, in detail or at any length, why a win against the Spurs or OKC is a good thing. It was not used by me (or by Slaw - I still remember his first use of it) as an "irritant".

If anything, in fact (sorry, Demo), I'm irritated by Demo's most inconvenient claim/suggestion that it has been used thus ...

Leave a comment:

• Wild-ling#1
    replied
    Yes, all teams including the Raps are professionals. But beating the Bucks while they are struggling or against the Spurs on their worst day isn't the same thing as beating OKC playing well or a strong Heat team on the road. Context matters.

The very fact that you admit it is an "irritant" proves the point. It serves no purpose except to inflame a response; which is why it is baiting. So please stop.
    Demo didn't coin the phrase ... and doesn't speak for me on this point.

I found it simply most convenient not to have to try to explain, in detail or at any length, why a win against the Spurs or OKC is a good thing. It was not used by me (or by Slaw - I still remember his first use of it) as an "irritant".

If anything, in fact (sorry, Demo), I'm irritated by Demo's most inconvenient claim/suggestion that it has been used thus ...

[edit: The reply was not to counter any comment that another team was wracked by injuries (or something), but only the "pat" argument that:

"Team 'x' is clearly better than us - so it must have been that they under-performed ... not that we played very well ... ]
    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sun Dec 27, 2015, 05:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Bucks have lost their identity. The new guys haven't bought in to what made them a promising young team such a short time ago.

Simple things - Bucks announcers were lamenting how the whole team used to play hands up defense, leading to a lot of deflections and steals and how the guys brought in since the MCW trade (including MCW) don't do that and haven't bought in yet.
    Yeah, they were making good insights into team.

I'm not sure if it is because I hear/see them a few times of the year I was impressed and they actually say same things over and over so not so impressive...... or because Matt/Jack/Leo are my measuring stick and so bad on anything game insight related.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Every win in the NBA is hard to come by regardless of opponent. Its professional ball. The margin between winning and losing is smaller than anyone of us can imagine.

As for the fake win stuff.. its a catch phrase irritant to counter the the caseyndemarsuck tripe that floods the pages here on a daily basis. Its hardly inflammatory or racist.
    Yes, all teams including the Raps are professionals. But beating the Bucks while they are struggling or against the Spurs on their worst day isn't the same thing as beating OKC playing well or a strong Heat team on the road. Context matters.

The very fact that you admit it is an "irritant" proves the point. It serves no purpose except to inflame a response; which is why it is baiting. So please stop.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Every win in the NBA is hard to come by regardless of opponent. Its professional ball. The margin between winning and losing is smaller than anyone of us can imagine.

As for the fake win stuff.. its a catch phrase irritant to counter the the caseyndemarsuck tripe that floods the pages here on a daily basis. Its hardly inflammatory or racist.

At times outcomes arise that folks who have written cheques with their mouths can't cash. We ALL eat crow. I like mine with ketchup and dark rum and I am sure I will be dining on it again. Just not after the Bucks win.

No malice.. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.
    No, wins versus the Sixer, Bucks, Lakets and Nets are meaningless and before 82 games are played really skews records. Raptors won't play any of team in the second half of the season.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Funny - Someone gave "#FakeWin" as a tidy response, I thought, to an insistence that we had not "won" games so much as other teams (particularly the Spurs) had "gifted" us games.
    You actually take that poster seriously? Although I admit there have been times I've fallen for his troll-bait as well.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    And they have issues and are playing terribly right now. We won, as we should have. Good execution but how excited can you get by it?

Still, fake win talk is pure baiting garbage and needs to stop.

At times outcomes arise that folks who have written cheques with their mouths can't cash. We ALL eat crow. I like mine with ketchup and dark rum and I am sure I will be dining on it again. Just not after the Bucks win.

No malice.. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

Leave a comment:

• Wild-ling#1
    replied
    And they have issues and are playing terribly right now. We won, as we should have. Good execution but how excited can you get by it?

Funny - Someone gave "#FakeWin" as a tidy response, I thought, to an insistence that we had not "won" games so much as other teams (particularly the Spurs) had "gifted" us games.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    As bad as the Bucks have been overall this year, they were 9-5 at home prior to our game, including wins over the Cavs and Warriors.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    But they have the Giannis.. They have the anti demar in Khris Middleton... They have "length".... They have a coach not named Casey

So why is not apropos to use the same arrows that are used to skewer as a counter ?
    The road does run both ways...

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Bucks have lost their identity.
    They also lost a couple of their better defenders in Pachulia, who was smartly grabbed by the Mavs after Jordan screwed them, and Dudley, who replaced Pierce in Washington.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    No fake wins, but a win with proper context. All this fake win garbage is pure baiting (by either side using it).

Hard to get too excited about beating the Bucks right now.
    But they have the Giannis.. They have the anti demar in Khris Middleton... They have "length".... They have a coach not named Casey

So why is not apropos to use the same arrows that are used to skewer as a counter ?
    The road does run both ways...
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 27, 2015, 04:42 PM. Reason: dark rum edit... apropos for apres pro

Leave a comment:

Working...
X