Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    LOL Suns are losing to Sixers. Fuck Hornacek and fuck Suns
    Well, looks like Hornacek is getting pretty close to fucked.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...rdy-losing-job
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      We did but that's mostly because the Bucks were basically not even on the floor defensively. A nice sign, but hard to take much from one game, especially considering the opponent.
      So another fake win then ? Not on the floor defensively ?
      Keyshawn voiceover says Common man...

First game back from a Christmas break when all bets are off as its very possible that not everyone is tuned in mentally from the holiday break. They were on the road. They were still down their number 1 centre and its their best perimeter defender's first game back after knee and foot trouble. They get a lead .. hold it to the half.. then the Bucks as so many NBA teams do on a nightly basis mount a comeback to pull ahead in the 3rd going to the 4th. So what happens... Do they collapse ? No...they find another gear in the 4th quarter and they quite literally kick the snot/crap/shit out the Bucks. They left them for dead on the side of the road. A thorough ass kicking.

As for the thought "considering the opponent". These are the same Bucks the preseason returns had finishing top 4 in the East. They feature a personal favourite of many Republicans the great greek freak. They have the second overall pick in a loaded draft in Parker and a reputational allstar in Greg Monroe. They have Khris Middleton which many Republicans would trade that bum Demar for in a New York minute cuz he and his game are just so much better than Demars . They have length on defense with guys like Henson that conventional Republican wisdom says gives the Raps trouble. They have a coach that isn't named Casey.

Hard to see with all those advantages the Bucks have over the Raps coupled with home court after the Christmas break you almost summarily dismiss the effort....
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 27, 2015, 04:33 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Well, looks like Hornacek is getting pretty close to fucked.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...rdy-losing-job
        Pretty Suns like. They trade away his players during the offseason and then hang the bell on him.
        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          So another fake win then ?
          No fake wins, but a win with proper context. All this fake win garbage is pure baiting (by either side using it).

Hard to get too excited about beating the Bucks right now.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            No fake wins, but a win with proper context. All this fake win garbage is pure baiting (by either side using it).

Hard to get too excited about beating the Bucks right now.
            But they have the Giannis.. They have the anti demar in Khris Middleton... They have "length".... They have a coach not named Casey

So why is not apropos to use the same arrows that are used to skewer as a counter ?
            The road does run both ways...
            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 27, 2015, 04:42 PM. Reason: dark rum edit... apropos for apres pro
            - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Bucks have lost their identity.
              They also lost a couple of their better defenders in Pachulia, who was smartly grabbed by the Mavs after Jordan screwed them, and Dudley, who replaced Pierce in Washington.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

But they have the Giannis.. They have the anti demar in Khris Middleton... They have "length".... They have a coach not named Casey

So why is not apropos to use the same arrows that are used to skewer as a counter ?
                The road does run both ways...
                And they have issues and are playing terribly right now. We won, as we should have. Good execution but how excited can you get by it?

Still, fake win talk is pure baiting garbage and needs to stop.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• As bad as the Bucks have been overall this year, they were 9-5 at home prior to our game, including wins over the Cavs and Warriors.

Comment

And they have issues and are playing terribly right now. We won, as we should have. Good execution but how excited can you get by it?

Funny - Someone gave "#FakeWin" as a tidy response, I thought, to an insistence that we had not "won" games so much as other teams (particularly the Spurs) had "gifted" us games.

Comment

Every win in the NBA is hard to come by regardless of opponent. Its professional ball. The margin between winning and losing is smaller than anyone of us can imagine.

As for the fake win stuff.. its a catch phrase irritant to counter the the caseyndemarsuck tripe that floods the pages here on a daily basis. Its hardly inflammatory or racist.

At times outcomes arise that folks who have written cheques with their mouths can't cash. We ALL eat crow. I like mine with ketchup and dark rum and I am sure I will be dining on it again. Just not after the Bucks win.

No malice.. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                        Funny - Someone gave "#FakeWin" as a tidy response, I thought, to an insistence that we had not "won" games so much as other teams (particularly the Spurs) had "gifted" us games.
                        You actually take that poster seriously? Although I admit there have been times I've fallen for his troll-bait as well.

Comment

Every win in the NBA is hard to come by regardless of opponent. Its professional ball. The margin between winning and losing is smaller than anyone of us can imagine.

As for the fake win stuff.. its a catch phrase irritant to counter the the caseyndemarsuck tripe that floods the pages here on a daily basis. Its hardly inflammatory or racist.

At times outcomes arise that folks who have written cheques with their mouths can't cash. We ALL eat crow. I like mine with ketchup and dark rum and I am sure I will be dining on it again. Just not after the Bucks win.

No malice.. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.
                          No, wins versus the Sixer, Bucks, Lakets and Nets are meaningless and before 82 games are played really skews records. Raptors won't play any of team in the second half of the season.

Comment

Yes, all teams including the Raps are professionals. But beating the Bucks while they are struggling or against the Spurs on their worst day isn't the same thing as beating OKC playing well or a strong Heat team on the road. Context matters.

The very fact that you admit it is an "irritant" proves the point. It serves no purpose except to inflame a response; which is why it is baiting. So please stop.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Bucks have lost their identity. The new guys haven't bought in to what made them a promising young team such a short time ago.

Simple things - Bucks announcers were lamenting how the whole team used to play hands up defense, leading to a lot of deflections and steals and how the guys brought in since the MCW trade (including MCW) don't do that and haven't bought in yet.
                              Yeah, they were making good insights into team.

I'm not sure if it is because I hear/see them a few times of the year I was impressed and they actually say same things over and over so not so impressive...... or because Matt/Jack/Leo are my measuring stick and so bad on anything game insight related.

Comment

Yes, all teams including the Raps are professionals. But beating the Bucks while they are struggling or against the Spurs on their worst day isn't the same thing as beating OKC playing well or a strong Heat team on the road. Context matters.

The very fact that you admit it is an "irritant" proves the point. It serves no purpose except to inflame a response; which is why it is baiting. So please stop.
                                Demo didn't coin the phrase ... and doesn't speak for me on this point.

I found it simply most convenient not to have to try to explain, in detail or at any length, why a win against the Spurs or OKC is a good thing. It was not used by me (or by Slaw - I still remember his first use of it) as an "irritant".

If anything, in fact (sorry, Demo), I'm irritated by Demo's most inconvenient claim/suggestion that it has been used thus ...

[edit: The reply was not to counter any comment that another team was wracked by injuries (or something), but only the "pat" argument that:

"Team 'x' is clearly better than us - so it must have been that they under-performed ... not that we played very well ... ]
                                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sun Dec 27, 2015, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X