Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #32: Toronto Raptors 97 - Chicago Bulls 104

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This game was just bad. The loss was the result of bad defense, but it felt like they were struggling to generate offense against a Bulls team that isn't the same defensive club they were from years past. I hope it was because guys aren't used to playing with each other like some posters said.

    I REALLY wanted this one
    OG is our king

    Comment


    • The bench unit was BRUTAL this game. Brutal. Joseph, Patterson, Ross, JJ, Biyombo. Yes, they shared the court for a while. No, they did not do well. What's that? You aren't surprised? Well, between you and Dwane Casey that makes one unsurprised person, presumably.

      Lowry was great. DD was very quiet, but not bad.

      Patterson really needs to start hitting shots. Those crummy bench lineups don't help him, but still. Maybe we need to keep him in the corner until he gets his rhythm back, he still seems to hit those.

      JV had a nice first game back. The team was even nice enough to involve him in the offence for 5 minutes in the first Q, during which they went on a massive run. Guess they were easing him back in for the other 15 minutes he was on the court... Had a tough time with Pau's midrange game, but held his own fine in the post and was still a net positive.

      Cory Joseph picked a bad night for his 1-bad-game-in-10. Just couldn't stop Brooks at all. Casey putting Ross on him was a good move (though it should have happened way sooner) - that was one of Ross' specialties in the 2013-14 season, shutting down troublesome PG's.

      Bleh.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Portis proving Ujiri wrong.
        Would be interesting to know what would have happened had Joseph been a Raptor on draft night.

        Comment


        • DanH wrote: View Post
          The bench unit was BRUTAL this game. Brutal. Joseph, Patterson, Ross, JJ, Biyombo. Yes, they shared the court for a while. No, they did not do well. What's that? You aren't surprised? Well, between you and Dwane Casey that makes one unsurprised person, presumably.

          Lowry was great. DD was very quiet, but not bad.

          Patterson really needs to start hitting shots. Those crummy bench lineups don't help him, but still. Maybe we need to keep him in the corner until he gets his rhythm back, he still seems to hit those.

          JV had a nice first game back. The team was even nice enough to involve him in the offence for 5 minutes in the first Q, during which they went on a massive run. Guess they were easing him back in for the other 15 minutes he was on the court... Had a tough time with Pau's midrange game, but held his own fine in the post and was still a net positive.

          Cory Joseph picked a bad night for his 1-bad-game-in-10. Just couldn't stop Brooks at all. Casey putting Ross on him was a good move (though it should have happened way sooner) - that was one of Ross' specialties in the 2013-14 season, shutting down troublesome PG's.

          Bleh.
          I just feel like it's completely indefensible for Casey to run Lowry for 40 minutes and still somehow have that second quarter stretch with those five players out there.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

          Comment


          • If we had a better coach this roster would be fine but... Damn. If you can't create your own shot you're gonna look really fucking shitty and inconsistent on this team. When dd and lowry are off the floor we look atrocious

            Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Chicago has one of the deepest teams in the East. If our bench doesn't show up, we are not beating them. The stretch in the 2nd quarter where we gave up our lead did us in. It gave the guys who crushed us (Brooks, Snell, Portis) all the confidence in the world that they could. The stretch later on in the game where Chicago pulled away was basically a bunch of guys with a ton of confidence who knew they had our number. Terrible loss.

              Comment


              • I don't understand why we didn't try to put Ross on Brooks more? Cojo has been abysmal lately
                Last edited by MACK11; Mon Dec 28, 2015, 11:31 PM.
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

                Comment


                • JWash wrote: View Post
                  If we had a better coach this roster would be fine but... Damn. If you can't create your own shot you're gonna look really fucking shitty and inconsistent on this team. When dd and lowry are off the floor we look atrocious

                  Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                  Yeah it's funny. As soon as I saw the second unit line up in the second, I knew it was going to be a shit show.

                  Comment


                  • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    I don't understand why we didn't try to put Ross on Brooks mote? Cojo has been abysmal lately
                    that adjustment came way too late.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                    Comment


                    • CB4Champ wrote: View Post

                      THE TEAM AS THEY ARE CAN WIN A TITLE THIS YEAR!!!



                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                      Comment



                      • Comment


                        • MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          You live in Orlando?
                          No. Just visiting.

                          Comment


                          • rocwell wrote: View Post

                            Interesting.

                            Comment


                            • Someone make the next game thread because I'm a failure at life and couldn't beat the Bulls for us
                              OG is our king

                              Comment


                              • consmap wrote: View Post
                                This game was just bad. The loss was the result of bad defense, but it felt like they were struggling to generate offense against a Bulls team that isn't the same defensive club they were from years past. I hope it was because guys aren't used to playing with each other like some posters said.

                                I REALLY wanted this one
                                Aren't they the no. 1 rated defense (points allowed or differential ... something like that)?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X