Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the pay ceiling in other pro leagues

which non NBA leagues pay the most

MLB gets pretty crazy for Ace pitchers, this summer there were 7 year deals at 30+M per year.

NHL highest paid players are in the 10 M range, some a little higher, but not by much.

Highest NFL deals run close to 20M per year.

NBA will be near the top, but due to the relative size of rosters in the NBA versus other leagues, that tends to be the case (similar big pile of money being split into fewer piles).
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What about other pro basketball leagues?

1. Euroleague 2012-2013 average TOTAL BUDGET (not just player salaries) 15.4 million euros average per team

2. VTB United (Russia) 2012-2013 average TOTAL BUDGET (not just player salaries) 9.8 million euros average per team

3. Liga ACB (Spain) 2012-2013 average TOTAL BUDGET (not just player salaries) 8.1 million euros average per team

4. HIBA A1 (Greece) 2012-2013 average TOTAL BUDGET (not just player salaries) 4.9 million euros average per team

5. Isreali Super League

6. Liga Nacional De Basquet (Argentina)

7. Chinese Basketball Association - In 2009, monthly pay for foreign players was capped at $60,000 and $44,000 for Chinese players, with the exception of national team members.

8. Baloncesto Superior Nacional (Puerto Rico)

9. Lega Basket Serie A (Italy) 2012-2013 average TOTAL BUDGET (not just player salaries) 6.6 million euros average per team

10. Turkish Premiere Basketball League 2012-2013 average TOTAL BUDGET (not just player salaries) 6.5 million euros average per team

Currently 1 Euro + $1.10 US

This is all I had the patence to search for. Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        MLB gets pretty crazy for Ace pitchers, this summer there were 7 year deals at 30+M per year.

NHL highest paid players are in the 10 M range, some a little higher, but not by much.

Highest NFL deals run close to 20M per year.

NBA will be near the top, but due to the relative size of rosters in the NBA versus other leagues, that tends to be the case (similar big pile of money being split into fewer piles).
        it still blows me away that teams will spend upwards of 15% of their payroll on a single player who only plays 20% of the games.

Regardless, i wish we still had David Price.

Comment

I'll just leave it here
          http://talksport.com/football/15-hig...611150374?p=14
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
            it still blows me away that teams will spend upwards of 15% of their payroll on a single player who only plays 20% of the games.

Regardless, i wish we still had David Price.
            Literally summarized my thought process there.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
              Literally summarized my thought process there.
              Actual Top Starters also play a huge part in playoffs. Trust Price over Dickey in a 7 game or 1 gasme playoff

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                I wonder why the numbers on that list are so much higher than elsewhere, like forbes or what not. I've never seen suggestions that Ronaldo or Messi makes 150 mil a year until this link.

Comment

Working...
                X