• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    lets get a "made jumpers counter" also
    http://on.nba.com/1PHYb4R

Made Jumper Counter: 4 (on 22 attempts)

Comment

• RE: Portis / Wright. On draft night we had Kyle at the 1 and Amir and Pat at the 4. I think most assumed that Amir wasn't coming back (Ujiri must have known - likely). That would leave Pat our only 4. Just like we signed Cojo in the offseason, we did so with Scola.

So when selecting Wright, we really had Kyle at the 1 and Pat at the 4. PF really seemed like the position in need. I don't know how hard it would be to sign a Sessions / Lin type to back up Kyle, but I imagine not very.

It's obviously too early to know but the PF spot is our thinnest position. For Ujiri to not even talk to Portis is puzzling.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
        RE: Portis / Wright. On draft night we had Kyle at the 1 and Amir and Pat at the 4. I think most assumed that Amir wasn't coming back (Ujiri must have known - likely). That would leave Pat our only 4. Just like we signed Cojo in the offseason, we did so with Scola.

So when selecting Wright, we really had Kyle at the 1 and Pat at the 4. PF really seemed like the position in need. I don't know how hard it would be to sign a Sessions / Lin type to back up Kyle, but I imagine not very.

It's obviously too early to know but the PF spot is our thinnest position. For Ujiri to not even talk to Portis is puzzling.
        Taking positions out of the equation, perimeter defence was our biggest need (we hadn't signed Carroll at this point either). Throw in Wright's size (allowing increased defensive versatility) and he was checking more boxes than Portis. I believe Wright will have the better career (long career) while Portis may have some better seasons but lower lows as well.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
          RE: Portis / Wright. On draft night we had Kyle at the 1 and Amir and Pat at the 4. I think most assumed that Amir wasn't coming back (Ujiri must have known - likely). That would leave Pat our only 4. Just like we signed Cojo in the offseason, we did so with Scola.

We really don't know what Ujiri is thinking.

Very strong possibility he feels there are better options in the next year.

Maybe there are a better PF prospects in 2016 draft?
          Maybe free agency in 2016 provides a better immediate solution?

....or maybe he just messed up and us armchair GMs got one on the professional.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            That's an interesting, unexpected stat
            its actually a completely useless stat cherry picked to make ross seem like he has a much bigger impact than he does, in terms of minutes played.

when derozan plays less minutes, we win more.
            when lowry plays less minutes, we win more.
            when carroll plays less minutes, we win more.
            when JV plays less minutes, we win more.
            when cojo plays less minutes, we win more.
            when james johnson plays less minutes, we win more.

the only players that seemingly increase our wins when playing longer minutes are scola, biyombo, ross, and patterson.

according to that metric, that lineup should be played more often cause stats say we'd win more games! hell, we should reverse everyones roles and make scola/bb/ross/patterson/ our starting lineup!
            Last edited by iblastoff; Sat Jan 2, 2016, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              We really don't know what Ujiri is thinking.

Very strong possibility he feels there are better options in the next year.

Maybe there are a better PF prospects in 2016 draft?
              Maybe free agency in 2016 provides a better immediate solution?

....or maybe he just messed up and us armchair GMs got one on the professional.
              I do think that the 2016 draft plays into it - there are a lot of PF's in the top half of the draft.

But I think ultimately they just thought Wright was the better pick. And we won't really know who got one over on who until a few years from now.

(But yeah, I was so excited when Portis dropped to us and then... bleh).
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                its actually a completely useless stat cherry picked to make ross seem like he has a much bigger impact than he does, in terms of minutes played.
                I'm not saying that it's the be-all end-all of anything, but if you want to dismiss it as completely useless, sure, go ahead.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Heres the seat of the pants correlation...

If Ross is playing those 20plus minutes that means he must be putting the ball in the basket and we are getting production from the bench.. when that happens, bench production from Ross and PPat, we win more often than not....
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jan 2, 2016, 01:40 PM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Taking positions out of the equation, perimeter defence was our biggest need (we hadn't signed Carroll at this point either). Throw in Wright's size (allowing increased defensive versatility) and he was checking more boxes than Portis. I believe Wright will have the better career (long career) while Portis may have some better seasons but lower lows as well.
                    re the bold. Vantage tracks "Keep -in-front %.", i.e. no blow=bys. Raptors were dead last in the league in that category. That's definitely one huge reason Lou and Vasquez are gone and both Delon and Norman were drafted.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

This is why I've been saying in a few places it's in our best interest not to trade Ross. Not because I think he's so good he's irreplacable, because he's more valuable to us than he is to any other team right now, meaning it'd be hard to get equal value in return.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        Heres the seat of the pants correlation...

If Ross is playing those 20plus minutes that means he must be putting the ball in the basket and we are getting production from the bench.. when that happens, bench production from Ross and PPat, we win more often than not....
                        Wouldn't this game have been the counter to that for Ross though? He played 5 first half minutes, had no touches, missed 4 out of his first 5 shots, but was playing good defense and had some solid fourth quarter rebounding. He wasn't putting the ball in the basket, but found other ways to contribute instead, ended up +15 in 21 minutes.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Biz is great for 18-20 minutes per game.

More than that you're playing with fire.

This game he paid off. We've seen games where he has most certainly not.

And don't forget the blown bunny counter: 48

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/bisma...bunny-counter/
                          BB is averaging 24 min/g. 25.3 min/g in our 21 wins this season. In our 13 loses his averaging 21.8 min/g
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                            Wouldn't this game have been the counter to that for Ross though? He played 5 first half minutes, had no touches, missed 4 out of his first 5 shots, but was playing good defense and had some solid fourth quarter rebounding. He wasn't putting the ball in the basket, but found other ways to contribute instead, ended up +15 in 21 minutes.
                            Good defense being 3 fouls in 5 mins.... Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Don't think it runs counter....Fits the premise... Raps winning (13up and only 4 down) when he plays more than 20 minutes.
                              He played 22 plus minutes... check
                              He put up 8 pts and 6rebs a steal and an assist off the bench....good not great but good production .... check
                              They won... check...
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                Good defense being 3 fouls in 5 mins.... Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I was referring to his good defense in the 4th quarter, when he played more than half his minutes tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X