Game #34: Toronto Raptors 104 - Charlotte Hornets 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    BB is averaging 24 min/g. 25.3 min/g in our 21 wins this season. In our 13 loses his averaging 21.8 min/g

He is a bench player. Period.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Im just waiting till the playoffs and teams will make Biz useless and basically unplayable

I think were gonna see a lot of Patterson and Scola
      Last edited by MACK11; Sat Jan 2, 2016, 04:59 PM.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Im just waiting till the playoffs and teams will make Biz useless and basically unplayable
        Irrelevant.

He will always play.

Each year Casey has his pets....Biz is one this year.

But we won't need to wait until the playoffs to see him useless. We have already seen it in regular season too.

Don't get me wrong though. I like Biz - a lot actually. I just think he is a backup, energy player.

Comment

Irrelevant.

He will always play.

Each year Casey has his pets....Biz is one this year.

But we won't need to wait until the playoffs to see him useless. We have already seen it in regular season too.

Don't get me wrong though. I like Biz - a lot actually. I just think he is a backup, energy player.
          Everyone agrees hes a great backup energy player....

But is he a great backup to JV? Who should play the 4th? Thats the question.

Most people think he should start (Outside of RR)
          2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
            Everyone agrees hes a great backup energy player....

But is he a great backup to JV? Who should play the 4th? Thats the question.

Most people think he should start (Outside of RR)

That isn't a question.

That is a musing from someone likely in the process of passing the bong.

Biz makes it 4 on 5 offense which creates tough shots which makes it harder to set up the D the other way.

Last night worked but there is enough evidence this season, when JV has played, that that is not the norm.

But hey, it worked last night. And don't think there wasn't incentive for Biz in this game - Hornets did not pick up final year of his rookie deal and let him walk for this season.

Comment

That isn't a question.

That is a musing from someone likely in the process of passing the bong.

Biz makes it 4 on 5 offense which creates tough shots which makes it harder to set up the D the other way.

Last night worked but there is enough evidence this season, when JV has played, that that is not the norm.

But hey, it worked last night. And don't think there wasn't incentive for Biz in this game - Hornets did not pick up final year of his rookie deal and let him walk for this season.
              What's with the personal's ..?

If anything I am of the same opinion as an NBA coach (Dwayne Casey)

In fact, no one from the NBA has ever asked why JV doesn't play in the 4th... It's easy to see why.

Maybe you need to get your head out of your you know what.

Comment

What's with the personal's ..?

If anything I am of the same opinion as an NBA coach (Dwayne Casey)

In fact, no one from the NBA has ever asked why JV doesn't play in the 4th... It's easy to see why.

Maybe you need to get your head out of your you know what.
                I apologize. Didn't mean it personal.

Statistically across the board, with the exception of block % and slightly better DReb % (which JV is also very strong at), JV is a much better player.

Biz is more athletic and people tend to get off on that - especially the JV haters around these parts - but JV is a far superior basketball player in any quarter - especially the 4th Q.

You may share the same opinion of an NBA coach but are we really going back to the argument of NBA coaches negate a fan's opinion and an NBA coach does/did it so it is automatically right?

Comment

I apologize. Didn't mean it personal.

Statistically across the board, with the exception of block % and slightly better DReb % (which JV is also very strong at), JV is a much better player.

Biz is more athletic and people tend to get off on that - especially the JV haters around these parts - but JV is a far superior basketball player in any quarter - especially the 4th Q.

You may share the same opinion of an NBA coach but are we really going back to the argument of NBA coaches negate a fan's opinion and an NBA coach does/did it so it is automatically right?
                  It doesn't necessarily make your view wrong, but it does make my view stronger .
                  Especially considering that this has been a problem for multiple years in a row. JV is not good enough to play in the 4th. He's a liability on defense .

Wait. Honestly what is your opinion? Why isn't JV playing ? If all the stats are so obvious , if JV > bb then why isn't he playing ? Why isn't Stackhouse informing DC? demar and kyle must know this info.
                  Are they all scared of Dwayne ?

Could you be wrong ?

Comment

Not about who start but, who finish the game
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• This is a bit over a month old, but an interesting analytic read on Biz and Jonas and our new D system.

http://www1.vantagesports.com/Articl...wX6SEAACAAY_EU
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

It doesn't necessarily make your view wrong, but it does make my view stronger .
                        Especially considering that this has been a problem for multiple years in a row. JV is not good enough to play in the 4th. He's a liability on defense .

Wait. Honestly what is your opinion? Why isn't JV playing ? If all the stats are so obvious , if JV > bb then why isn't he playing ? Why isn't Stackhouse informing DC? demar and kyle must know this info.
                        Are they all scared of Dwayne ?

Could you be wrong ?
                        No, I'm not wrong on this one.

The bold is the nonsense spewed by Casey over the last 4 years. Clearly if you say enough falsehoods often enough, they start to take root with some to the point they become truth.

Edit: as for all your questions. Casey just doesn't trust and/or like JV as a player. Nothing new to that. It is why he stuck with Salmons, Bargnani, Gay, etc. when all the evidence pointed to why he shouldn't. I don't believe Casey to be a reflective practitioner. He goes with his gut and he is stubborn to the point of defiance (2011 championship ring anyone?).
                        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Jan 2, 2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                          This is a bit over a month old, but an interesting analytic read on Biz and Jonas and our new D system.

That is a perfect example of the danger of the whole "all these NBA coaches know best"

How many people were on these boards last year begging and pleading for a shift in defensive philosophy - yet Casey continued to pound that rock.

Well well well...... Who knew?

Comment

• Jonas Valanciunas has an on-court net rating of +19.5 in 4th Q's this season (in 73 minutes over his 15 games played, about 5 minutes per game).

Bismack Biyombo has an on-court net rating of -0.2 in 4th Q's this season (in 184 minutes over his 28 games played, about 6.5 minutes per game).

Clearly Jonas cannot finish games, and Biyombo is the key to crunch time success.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Jonas Valanciunas has an on-court net rating of +19.5 in 4th Q's this season (in 73 minutes over his 15 games played, about 5 minutes per game).

Bismack Biyombo has an on-court net rating of -0.2 in 4th Q's this season (in 184 minutes over his 28 games played, about 6.5 minutes per game).

Clearly Jonas cannot finish games, and Biyombo is the key to crunch time success.

I fixed that for you.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                This is a bit over a month old, but an interesting analytic read on Biz and Jonas and our new D system.

Good read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X