If the unthinkable happens and Raptors miss the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the unthinkable happens and Raptors miss the playoffs

The odds of the Raptors missing the playoffs may not be great but given how tight the eastern conference is it is not inconceivable . Currently in the east a 3-4 game losing streak could
    drop one from 2nd to 9th. Milwaukee was a hot pre season pick by the experts and have underperformed. Washington as well. Last season we were 37-17 then faded badly.

The one silver lining the how tight things are is it forces one to focus on one game at a time, A 45 win team could miss the playoffs this season in the east.

I do not wish for disaster to strike but I also don't think we are quite as good as many of us posters think they are. Time will tell but let's hope 2016 is not a repeat of 2015 or worse....

This years team is better than last years team. But yeah, the East has a lot of parity in the top 11-12 teams. Wins are definitely more meaningful this year,
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Should this be the 2016 playoff thread? There's going to be all sorts of jostling for position this year. I probably won't be posting much, but did figure we needed one...

I've got the Raps finishing in 3rd. Happy new raptor year!

Comment

Won't happen unless the team plays very poorly. By the end of the year I seriously doubt we see more than one .500 team miss the playoffs in the East.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Only way I see this happening is if Lowry gets injured and/or plays like he did in the second half of last year. Lowry looks okay to me right now. If Lowry does go down and DD continues to play like he's playing we'll probably still be fine though.

But if they do not make the playoffs.. then we'll end up with another lottery pick (not bad) and a potential new coach in 2016 (also not that bad).

Comment

Very unlikely. Would basically mandate a blow-up and rebuild if it happened though.

Comment

Guys, guys. It's a New Year, how about we spread some positivity around here?

Comment

Barring injuries (which could be said for every team), I don't see a point in going down this road. But so goes the life of a raptor fan. Would there be a similar thread on a Bulls forum? A Hawks forum? The Heat?

Comment

Not very likely. The hornets and Heat are about to have road heavy schedules that probably drop them back a few pegs, and no other teams have been really consistent outside of us Atlanta and Cleveland.

Comment

It isn't too far fetched to think about the worse case situation.

If we don't get up making it, we are still in good shape for next year. Couple of picks, some cap space... no need to worry too much. I mean right now, unless we draft or trade for a superstar we are just gonna be in middle anyways. Good enough to make the playoffs, not good enough to win it all.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                      LOL

Good one, rocwell!

Comment

Not going to happen. Not worth thinking about.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          We do have positivity, but it must be combined with negativity..

Case in point - we're positive both Kyle and CoJo are going to play all 82 games this year,...

making the Wright pick a huge mistake.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2016/0...ule-breakdown/

In terms of adjusted net rating, we have the easiest schedule in the entire Eastern Conference in January, and in 14 games we also have 9 home games plus the London game. We ought to have a great month.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                              http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2016/0...ule-breakdown/

In terms of adjusted net rating, we have the easiest schedule in the entire Eastern Conference in January, and in 14 games we also have 9 home games plus the London game. We ought to have a great month.
                              Ironically we tend to play down to weaker teams and up to better teams. We SHOULD go at least 9-5 which would put us at 30-18 heading into February.

Comment

Working...
                              X