Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On this date, is it safe to say that no trade is needed this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On this date, is it safe to say that no trade is needed this season?

-With the 2 biggest question marks of this season' start, Ross and Patterson, playing some pretty good games in the last weeks

-With both of our injured starters, JV and JYD2.0, back at it and playing pretty well

-With Scola, Joseph and Biyombo exceeding the expectations

-With Kyle and DeMar playing their best basketball ever

-With the Double U's

Is it safe to say, now, that no trade is really needed this season?

I think masai may look to assess the landscape based on the health of our roster at that time

Comment

A trade was never "needed." Nothing has changed - if a trade crops up that makes sense long term, Ujiri will make the trade. If not, he won't.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

In a league that's centered around the 3 point shot... we rank in the bottom half of the league in made 3's. Not bottom of the barrell low but its below the halfway point at 18. Not good enough if you want to make some waves in the playoffs.
        So looking at where our 3's come from ... Ross.. Paterson... Carroll... Lowry .and maybe Scola and factor in what else those 5 guys bring to the party and how easily those other skills they bring could be replaced you might land on the conclusion that high on the shopping list is a 4 who can make 3's and play average defense. While not bad defenders both Scola and Paterson could be considered average. SOme might say they are not even average.

So if a trade proposal comes along that allows for the addition of a stretch 4 that makes the 3 at a higher percentage than what we have been witness to this year and can be done without subtracting one of the starters and TRoss then I think that is something that would be very thoughtfully considered. Or MU stays the course with Paterson and PPat returns to form from the arc on a nightly basis.

Who would fit the bill on teams that may be sellers come Feb if a trade is considered to improve current production from 3 if Ppat doesn't come around ?

Mirza Teletovic from the rebuilding Suns
        Trevor Ariza from the possibly rebuilding Rockets
        Robert Covington from the perenially rebuilding Sixers
        Omri Casspi from the always goofy Kings
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Jan 2, 2016, 02:38 PM. Reason: Adding who might be a fit
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Can always use more 3 and D
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Out of those guys, you go with Casspi and don't even blink.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Out of those guys, you go with Casspi and don't even blink.
              Casspi is playing amazing this season I dont see why the Kings would trade him.

I think Teletovic would be someone who we could actually trade for
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Masai has made it clear that he doesn't plan on keeping the 4 1st round picks we have over the next 2 years. So one could assume that if/when he does go for a player it'll be a significant one.

Might not be this trade deadline but quite possibly could be depending on how he feels about the teams chances.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

I think something needs to be done, we have enough youth and too many picks coming in that it doesn't make sense to hold onto them. I don't know what deals are to be had at the moment with he standings so packed tight, but we need to do something to improve a tiny bit before the playoffs.

Comment

Right now, I'd be reluctant to trade DeMar, Kyle, Ross, Carroll or JV. I think in order to trade Scola, Joseph or Patterson another 3 point shooter needs to come back.

I almost feel like JJ is our most tradeable asset. DeMar, Ross and Carroll are all playing solid perimeter defense, and JJ is the weakest offensively of the bunch.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Right now, I'd be reluctant to trade DeMar, Kyle, Ross, Carroll or JV. I think in order to trade Scola, Joseph or Patterson another 3 point shooter needs to come back.

I almost feel like JJ is our most tradeable asset. DeMar, Ross and Carroll are all playing solid perimeter defense, and JJ is the weakest offensively of the bunch.
                      Depends. If Carroll and Ross' shots aren't falling, they can't do much else. JJ isn't a good shooter, but he consistently finishes at the rim well. Shooting 56% this season, shot 59% last season.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                        Depends. If Carroll and Ross' shots aren't falling, they can't do much else. JJ isn't a good shooter, but he consistently finishes at the rim well. Shooting 56% this season, shot 59% last season.
                        Measured in 2-man units, Ross only has negative points-per-100 possessions with one player. Bizmack. Everyone else has positive numbers with Ross. Last night Ross' shot wasn't falling(3/9, 2/6 from 3) but he was +15 in 21 minutes and part of the critical stretch that won us the game.

I'm not saying JJ isn't a good player, but JJ/DeMar/Biz units are terrible(3pt percentage drops by 18.2% with those 3 on the floor), and DeMar and Biz seem to be staying.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                          Measured in 2-man units, Ross only has negative points-per-100 possessions with one player. Bizmack. Everyone else has positive numbers with Ross. Last night Ross' shot wasn't falling(3/9, 2/6 from 3) but he was +15 in 21 minutes and part of the critical stretch that won us the game.

I'm not saying JJ isn't a good player, but JJ/DeMar/Biz units are terrible(3pt percentage drops by 18.2% with those 3 on the floor), and DeMar and Biz seem to be staying.
                          Fair enough. I probably would trade JJ before I trade DD, Biz or Ross.

Comment

Thanks for your answers guys.

I think that the idea of trading JJ and one of our picks for Casspi would be great.

But would Sacramento make the trade? Maybe, if we offer them a good pick.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              Thanks for your answers guys.

I think that the idea of trading JJ and one of our picks for Casspi would be great.

But would Sacramento make the trade? Maybe, if we offer them a good pick.
                              The LAC 2017 pick would do it IMO.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                              X