Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    Awesome post Axel.

Pretty damning numbers for BB8 ... good thing he at least fell into a great nickname.
    But do we have to pay george Lucas everytime we say it?
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
      I remember earlier that Lowry was the only net positive but that was only relative in that he still played better without him then with.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
      For sure. While Lowry has a 4.4 net rating with Bismack, this is far eclipsed by several other players. Lowry's best 2man units are Patterson(15.7 net rating), Ross(10.9 net rating) and Joseph(10.7 net rating). Interestingly, the guys who've started the most games are Lowry's worst 2-man units. Just further lending credence to the idea that our rotations are awful.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        But do we have to pay george Lucas everytime we say it?
        Pretty sure the money goes directly to consmap thanks to some strange deal he made with Disney.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
          For sure. While Lowry has a 4.4 net rating with Bismack, this is far eclipsed by several other players. Lowry's best 2man units are Patterson(15.7 net rating), Ross(10.9 net rating) and Joseph(10.7 net rating). Interestingly, the guys who've started the most games are Lowry's worst 2-man units. Just further lending credence to the idea that our rotations are awful.
          Most of that, too, is purely the starting lineup, not other variations including the same players. The lineup we put out there to start games is just terrible.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Most of that, too, is purely the starting lineup, not other variations including the same players. The lineup we put out there to start games is just terrible.
            I still feel like our best starting unit is either Lowry/DeMar/Ross/Patterson/JV or Lowry/DeMar/Ross/Carroll/JV. Neither of those units have many minutes together yet though.

Comment

I still feel like our best starting unit is either Lowry/DeMar/Ross/Patterson/JV or Lowry/DeMar/Ross/Carroll/JV. Neither of those units have many minutes together yet though.
              I'd definitely say those are our best lineups as well. Creates good spacing and a good inside/outside game.

Comment

I wanna see Patterson with the current starters before I agree.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Ross and Patterson are not good together - you need more rebounding from the 3 with Patterson at the 4. Going small full time is also a bad idea.

Simple solution. Starters are Lowry, DD, Carroll, PP, JV. 4 man bench (because let's face it JJ playing consistently is never going to happen) of CoJo, Ross, Scola, Bismack, with one of Lowry or DD playing with them at all times.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ross and Patterson are not good together - you need more rebounding from the 3 with Patterson at the 4. Going small full time is also a bad idea.

Simple solution. Starters are Lowry, DD, Carroll, PP, JV. 4 man bench (because let's face it JJ playing consistently is never going to happen) of CoJo, Ross, Scola, Bismack, with one of Lowry or DD playing with them at all times.
                    I'm one of many that has been in agreement since the preseason. I would only add that Carroll (when healthy) is also another option for being the starter to play with the bench brigade.

I think Lowry and Joseph have developed some good chemistry together, with Lowry able to play off the ball. When DeRozan plays with the bench I find that he tends to dominate the ball, rather than letting Joseph run the offense, which seems to throw the entire unit out of whack and leads to ISO ball.

Comment

Completely disagree about Carroll being a bench support guy. What the bench really needs is additional primary threats and ball handlers - Carroll is a spot up shooter and elite defender. We don't need elite defence against bench units and Carroll is at his best off the ball. I'd honestly rather Carroll get a few more minutes of breather than to have him running pick and roll out there with the bench.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Completely disagree about Carroll being a bench support guy. What the bench really needs is additional primary threats and ball handlers - Carroll is a spot up shooter and elite defender. We don't need elite defence against bench units and Carroll is at his best off the ball. I'd honestly rather Carroll get a few more minutes of breather than to have him running pick and roll out there with the bench.
                        we need to get Carroll healthy and yes he is our best wing defender an good re bounder at the three

Comment

Ross-Patterson combos have a fantastic net rating so far. I understand the rebounding concern, but if it seems to be working why not give it some more run?

Comment

Think JV could fit there at all? He still needs work on creating for shooters, but could get him a few extra touches, as a focal point.

Comment

Ross-Patterson combos have a fantastic net rating so far. I understand the rebounding concern, but if it seems to be working why not give it some more run?
                              Because last year Ross/Patterson/JV played together and it was absolutely horrific. So much so that people thought Patterson was a bad pairing with JV because their net rating together was awful - but remove the JV/PP/TR minutes and the pair were quite solid.

ETA: Oh, and where are you getting fantastic net ratings? On the year PP/TR are a +3. That's definitely not fantastic, it's acceptable, I guess.
                              Last edited by DanH; Wed Jan 6, 2016, 09:48 AM.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                Think JV could fit there at all? He still needs work on creating for shooters, but could get him a few extra touches, as a focal point.
                                Sure, but I'd want Patterson out there at the same time. His biggest issue offensively (besides the usual being ignored) is all the post touches going to Scola (and the lack of spacing with Scola out there as well).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X