Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woj podcast w/ Masai Ujiri

Link: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-ver...144428819.html

At work, can't listen... can someone provide a summary please?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Lots of talk about giants of africa, days with the nuggets. Talks about his personal beliefs and outlook on life.

Avoids talking about the raptors as much as possible and doesn't really give anything away besides the atmosphere and culture he wants to create.

He talks about how he doesn't feel pressure and isn't afraid of going toe to toe with anyone, and he wants to see that come through with the raptors. He believes winning is the priority and in time will solve any misconceptions or setbacks that the organization faces.

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
        Lots of talk about giants of africa, days with the nuggets. Talks about his personal beliefs and outlook on life.

Avoids talking about the raptors as much as possible and doesn't really give anything away besides the atmosphere and culture he wants to create.

He talks about how he doesn't feel pressure and isn't afraid of going toe to toe with anyone, and he wants to see that come through with the raptors. He believes winning is the priority and in time will solve any misconceptions or setbacks that the organization faces.
        Love Masai, but when it comes to his plans, he turns talking without saying anything into an artform.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
          Love Masai, but when it comes to his plans, he turns talking without saying anything into an artform.
          I listened for the whole 45 minutes and realized I came away without any real raptors information only at the end lol. He is awesome to listen to speak though.

As a man i really do appreciate him, his beliefs and how he acts upon them

As a raptors fan i want to corner him in a dark alley and make him speak

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
            Leiweke and Ujiri have talked about three things consistently since they were brought in (and before TL left) and he again mentioned all three things in the podcast: 'premiuming' the brand, winning, and what a unique and high leverage situation being in Canada is for the organization. That's the strategic vision. Drake, signing Canadians, putting a D-League team in Canada, the relationships with the Africa basketball and Canadian basketball federations, We The North, All-Star Game, etc., are all operational decisions along those lines.

And he's never going to tell you what his plans are for the roster.

Comment

No gm that I am aware has ever indicated anything more than a general conceptualization of how he wishes to see his team. Individuals are really never spoken of except to praise. These are organizational secrets. Why would anyone divulge such. This puts him at a disadvantage when discussing trades with other GMs.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                No gm that I am aware has ever indicated anything more than a general conceptualization of how he wishes to see his team. Individuals are really never spoken of except to praise. These are organizational secrets. Why would anyone divulge such. This puts him at a disadvantage when discussing trades with other GMs.
                But we want answers now! We are the Internet fans! Tradezzzzz!
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
                  I listened for the whole 45 minutes and realized I came away without any real raptors information only at the end lol. He is awesome to listen to speak though.

As a man i really do appreciate him, his beliefs and how he acts upon them

As a raptors fan i want to corner him in a dark alley and make him speak
                  Agreed. Except my strategy would be to get him drunk. And if he doesn't talk....steal his Blackberry.

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I didn't even know Woj had a podcast, but he's now been added to my list.

Comment

Did anybody listen to the zach lowe podcast with lowry? 26 minute interview good stuff
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        He will try to resign Demar this summer but will offer max 21 mil per season and hope he takes a hometown discount (16:30), he's very close to trading Patterson for Thad Young, but they're haggling over draft picks (25:00), and Casey will be fired mid next week (41:20).
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Did anybody listen to the zach lowe podcast with lowry? 26 minute interview good stuff
                          Yeah - I enjoyed that.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            In all of sports, the only 'bosses' who give information out like that, are the bad ones. As frustrating as it is not to know, we are definitely better off as is.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              He will try to resign Demar this summer but will offer max 21 mil per season and hope he takes a hometown discount (16:30), he's very close to trading Patterson for Thad Young, but they're haggling over draft picks (25:00), and Casey will be fired mid next week (41:20).
                              nice haha

Comment

Working...
                              X