Game #38 - Toronto Raptors 97 - Washington Wizards 88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Fair point. Would be worth looking into, but short of adding up individual shots I'm not sure on a way to pull that data. In watching the game, I didn't see Washington taking shots that I'd equate to a Biz three though.
    Yeah, it was hyperbole to prove a point. It would definitely be a lot of work. In any case, just pointing out that open/contested is not a clear cut line between good and bad shots.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Yeah, it was hyperbole to prove a point. It would definitely be a lot of work. In any case, just pointing out that open/contested is not a clear cut line between good and bad shots.
      Yeah, I agree to that point. Mostly brought it up because a team getting more than 50% of their FGA uncontested doesn't happen very frequently in games I've looked at.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Yeah, I agree to that point. Mostly brought it up because a team getting more than 50% of their FGA uncontested doesn't happen very frequently in games I've looked at.
        Sure, and it means something out of the ordinary is happening. But there are two easy explanations that spring to mind - one team is playing very poor defence and allowing lots of good open shots, or one team is playing very bad offence (possibly due to good defence from the other team) and settling for lots of open bad shots (you know, the "you are open for a reason" shots). No way to know which without further investigation, but my impression watching the game was more the latter than the former.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Again, though, worse shots is not established. If every single shot we took was a wide open Bismack Biyombo three pointer, would you say we took the better shots?

To establish that we took significantly worse shots, you have to do some sort of expected value analysis on the players who took the shots and the scenario they took them in (contested vs uncontested, distance, etc) and compare to the actual results.
          Don't encourage him lol
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
            But that would also mean wanting him to make it to the finals.
            What better place to crush his soul.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              I want a Draymond Green

Or at least some sort of player who is a hybrid of James Johnson and 2Pat at the 4 spot (can't really think of one). Aggression, defense and strength of JJ with 2Pat's ability to space the floor (plus some actual confidence, cause 2Pat has looked like someone stole his girlfriend all season).

EDIT: I'd love to poach Aaron Gordon off Orlando, but can't really think of any way we could pull that off.
              If Bennett could ever get his head screwed on right. Those are Draymond's physical tools right there, with the 3 to boot. Might need a heart transplant, too, unfortunately.

Comment

• I tried looking for easier evidence to support either claim, but couldn't really find anything, and honestly, for one game don't feel like putting in the work to analyse every player's shot logs. The third quarter shot chart for the Wizards is really, really ugly though. They couldn't hit anything in the third. We went 6/8 from midrange in the second half, which doesn't really happen often for us.

Only other thing I found that I hadn't seen before is how badly our bench outperformed theirs. Our worst net rating for a bench player last night was +4.8 for Patterson. Aside from Oubre, who had their best net rating, their next best for a bench player was -16.3 for Neal.

Comment

• Game thread in coming .. didn't realize game was tonight. Lol

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Game thread in coming .. didn't realize game was tonight. Lol
                    Well kinda... we're playing mighty Sixers!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Well kinda... we're playing mighty Sixers!
                      They've actually won 3 of their last 7, they're almost a real NBA team.

Comment

• Good game although they ran well the first half

Comment

Working...
                        X