Top 10 in Offense and Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 in Offense and Defense

That's what we are right now according to basketball reference, 6th in offense and 9th on defense. Not sure if this deserves it's own thread, but wasn't sure where else to post it.

Heresy.

I don't see this thread being merged with the "fire Casey", or "everything derozan" threads right away.

")

Comment

7th and 9th by NBA.com.

It's very impressive. This late in the year, last season we were top 2 in ORTG but had already plummeted to 20th or so in DRTG. The year before, in storied 2013-14, we were still outside the top 10 in ORTG, and 6th in DRTG.

The team is in a better place now than either of the last two seasons, which is pretty great considering how much time key players have missed.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

How many other teams are top 10 in both? I assume GSW and San Antonio. Probably Cleveland. Any others?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          How many other teams are top 10 in both? I assume GSW and San Antonio. Probably Cleveland. Any others?
          Just the Clippers.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            OKC misses by one slot (2nd in ORTG, 11th in DRTG), ATL by two (6th, 12th), MIA by 1 (11th ORTG, 6th DRTG).

GSW (1st, 4th), SA (3rd, 1st), Cleveland (4th, 5th), LAC (5th, 10th) all made it.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Championship team.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                OKC misses by one slot (2nd in ORTG, 11th in DRTG), ATL by two (6th, 12th), MIA by 1 (11th ORTG, 6th DRTG).

GSW (1st, 4th), SA (3rd, 1st), Cleveland (4th, 5th), LAC (5th, 10th) all made it.
                Pretty good company. All playoff contenders in that list.

Comment

The problem is, Cleveland was missing Kyrie for most of the season so far, and has been miles better with him. The Warriors and Spurs might have the best offense and best defense ever, respectively.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                    The problem is, Cleveland was missing Kyrie for most of the season so far, and has been miles better with him. The Warriors and Spurs might have the best offense and best defense ever, respectively.
                    But 27 other teams have that same concern. Raptors aren't top 3 in the league.. but I'd say they are about top 6-7 which is pretty good considering their history.

The only test is what they do in the playoffs, but we can't really know until it happens.

Comment

Yeah, why exactly is that a problem?
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Casey has done a great job this year
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I guess problem was a bad choice of wording. Was just trying to say that I think statistically, we look way better than we actually are as a team. It's easy to find statistics that would put us top 3-5 in the league, but does anyone really feel like we're that good?
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, why exactly is that a problem?
                            Not necessarily a problem, but if the style the Raps are playing isn't sustainable in the playoffs, then the rankings would be giving a false sense of security towards the ultimate goal. So, if they get wiped out in the first round, then the i-told-you-so'ers are going to be saying we should have blown it up a lot earlier.

Projecting whether or not this team's nice regular season results can translate to the playoffs (i.e. players, style, etc...) is highly relevant. Masai, Casey, Lowry, Derozan all are on record in multiple interviews saying that's what matters.

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                              Why is this a problem... Nobody thinks we can beat Cleveland unless lebron channels his 2011 finals.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X