X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I know we've been beating on this drum plenty, but allowing JV to carry a bigger share of the offense would be just as good for sustaining the guards' health as a bit more time on the bench.
    Yes, yes it would. But..... Casey gonna Case.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    Kicker there is "stay healthy" but I think Lowry breaking down last year had more to do with DeRozan not being present for a 1/4 of the season and having to carry the load for so long than his minutes (he played MORE mpg in 2013-14 than he did in 14-15 and didn't have any injury issues).
    I know we've been beating on this drum plenty, but allowing JV to carry a bigger share of the offense would be just as good for sustaining the guards' health as a bit more time on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Yeah, the Raps bench can't score enough to put away games or let DD & KL both rest at the same time, but as long as the guards stay healthy I'm not worried about it. Remember when the bench was a strength and we knew it would be useless in the playoffs when rotations tighten?
    Kicker there is "stay healthy" but I think Lowry breaking down last year had more to do with DeRozan not being present for a 1/4 of the season and having to carry the load for so long than his minutes (he played MORE mpg in 2013-14 than he did in 14-15 and didn't have any injury issues).

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Yeah, the Raps bench can't score enough to put away games or let DD & KL both rest at the same time, but as long as the guards stay healthy I'm not worried about it. Remember when the bench was a strength and we knew it would be useless in the playoffs when rotations tighten?

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Lowry averages 34.3 MPG in 3 games against Philly this year.
    LeBron averages 33.0 in 4 games against Philly this year. And in one he only played 25. Meaning he averaged 35.7 (i.e. more than Lowry) in the other 3.

Sometimes you just don't bulldoze bad teams, it happens.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    They're obviously coasting against the Sixers. It's their own damn fault (though I doubt they personally feel a huge incentive to bust their ass to get their young teammates some reps).

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Jangles wrote: View Post
    My optimism dies when I see Kyle and Demar playing 39 minutes against the Sixers.
    Lowry averages 34.3 MPG in 3 games against Philly this year.

Leave a comment:

• Jangles
    replied
    My optimism dies when I see Kyle and Demar playing 39 minutes against the Sixers.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Actually, I think a lot of people are kind of wait-and-see on if the Raps can even win a first round matchup in the playoffs against anybody. The RR "expert" round-table weighs in on that topic....

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2016/...ors-midseason/
    I posted almost word for word the same thing that Zarar said recently (couple of weeks ago maybe?).

In my books, we are a coin flip prediction at best.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    Man, I hope we get Spurs/Warriors in the playoffs. There's a chance OKC or LAC knock off one of them, but Spurs/Warriors could be one of the best series ever.
    I'm not sure about LAC (even prior to this current season; that Houston series...) but OKC is the dark horse in terms of knocking one or both of them out (as they are the most likely to have to actually beat both to make it to the finals). I think what's more likely is that whatever team faces OKC in the semis loses to the other.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    Just Is wrote: View Post
    That is going to be a money match up in the playoffs.
    Man, I hope we get Spurs/Warriors in the playoffs. There's a chance OKC or LAC knock off one of them, but Spurs/Warriors could be one of the best series ever.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    The problem is, Cleveland was missing Kyrie for most of the season so far, and has been miles better with him. The Warriors and Spurs might have the best offense and best defense ever, respectively.
    That is going to be a money match up in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    This team will have a much better playoff showing if they're healthy and continue to play the smarter basketball we've seen the last couple of months as well as the defense that's improved so much over last season's. If DeMar and Lowry revert to hero mode and force the ISO offense, the Raps are screwed.

Does this defense have an extra playoff gear? Even during the regular season you'll see good teams crank it up for a few minutes or a quarter to put a team away, and you know that's what they're capable of.
    If it does, I don't think we see it until everyone is healthy and back on the court together.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Almost no teams can consistently produce efficient offense in the playoffs over the course of 7 games against elite defense. That is why it's imperative for teams to be good on both ends so that if one falls apart you have some sort of fallback option.

Not saying it guarantees any kind of playoff success but it definitely makes it more likely. Last year we were basically going to need lowry or dd or Jonas to play like a superstar for us to win.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    Told ya.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X