X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Duncan and LeBron did go at each other, but Duncan was past his prime.
    duncan's prime was and is like 18 years long. at least in terms of positively effecting his whole team.

But yeah, that 03 championship Duncan... Just unreal.
    Last edited by KHD; Tue Jan 19th, 2016, 09:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    At least we saw Kobe destroy Howard.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Yea same. Kobe Vs. Lebron would have been one of the best finals of all time. The two Goats post Jordan going at eachother, while they were both in their prime too. :/
    Duncan and LeBron did go at each other, but Duncan was past his prime.

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    JWash wrote: View Post
    Always liked Rashard Lewis. Except in 2009 lol because he killed the Cavs and I really wanted to see LeBron vs. Kobe in the finals. Still mad we never got to see those two go at it on the grandest stage even once.
    Yea same. Kobe Vs. Lebron would have been one of the best finals of all time. The two Goats post Jordan going at eachother, while they were both in their prime too. :/

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    Lewis was a quiet ASG player. I always liked that he was a leader, but he wasn't a show-off.
    Always liked Rashard Lewis. Except in 2009 lol because he killed the Cavs and I really wanted to see LeBron vs. Kobe in the finals. Still mad we never got to see those two go at it on the grandest stage even once.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Lewis was a quiet ASG player. I always liked that he was a leader, but he wasn't a show-off.

Leave a comment:

• JWash
    replied
    Definitely like the Rashard comp for Bruno.

Although I will say, Rashard didn't really become a power forward until he went to Orlando. At his best in Seattle he was primarily playing the 3 spot.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    I see a bit of 'Shard in there too. Just little things... like the hitch in his smooth, but not quite explosive stride. Defensively, Bruno should probably be a PF in the NBA, because the foot-speed doesn't seem to be there to guard explosive NBA SFs, IMO. Although, with that ridiculous length, he could play off them slightly.
    Ya there is some dis-coordination between his knees and ankles...

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    Bruno Caboclo.

He's just not ready.
    But we'll vote him into the starting lineup anyway. lol.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    This is why I posted the "When?" question in the Bruno thread after saying he needs to be playing more now.

Can't wait to develop young players, all that happens is they become older players who have yet to develop

Giannis is pretty unique and I don't really see Bruno playing like him.

I see more Rashard Lewis, and dare I say it....Durant to his game

Too late
    I see a bit of 'Shard in there too. Just little things... like the hitch in his smooth, but not quite explosive stride. Defensively, Bruno should probably be a PF in the NBA, because the foot-speed doesn't seem to be there to guard explosive NBA SFs, IMO. Although, with that ridiculous length, he could play off them slightly.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    He should be a 7th man next year. Giving him around 15-20 minutes a night on the NBA floor will give him a great feel for the game.

This also means Carroll will get more rest.
    Yeah I can imagine Bruno getting JJ's minutes and role off the bench next season. If Casey is back it will be interesting to see if he tolerates an inexperienced 20 yr old's mistakes more than a boneheaded 28 yr old's mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Bruno Caboclo.

He's just not ready.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    He should be a 7th man next year. Giving him around 15-20 minutes a night on the NBA floor will give him a great feel for the game.

Slow down. I say 9th or 10th man off the bench. No need to rush. I think Norm will be the 7th. Cojo/Norm giving us some really good perimeter D off the bench.

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    He is playing though. There's no reason to discount D-league play now that we have our man coaching him. That, and limited minutes, is how almost every international player develops. I might speculate that he's probably getting a lot more practice time than many of the teenage projects of the past (who only got NBA practices).

He's playing in a minor league but has full access to the Raptors' facilities and personel. It's a great situation that should hopefully start paying dividends next season.
    Yes it is a good start

But honestly he needs some NBA minutes so when the offseason rolls around he knows the speed/strength level (and how fast he needs to release his shot) that he needs to get to work on

Otherwise he'll be sort of training blind.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    He could definitely play either position. I like the comparison Casey has for him Rashad Lewis. I think Casey will fill that 4 spot this summer. Bruno will not able to start next year. I see him as a rotation player next year but, starting is a too much of a stretch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X