Raptors Year End Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Year End Press Conference

Courtesy of Rapsobessed7 from the RealGM. Andrea Bargnani is apparently coming up shortly.

I won't post it all, but I'll post Hedo's seeing how he was the most controversial this season here in Toronto.

For the 2 so far (Jack and Jose) click the link below.

Hedo Turkoglu:

- im not happy, the way i played and the way i preformed
    - it was a good experience for me to find out about the organization, i was having difficulties throughout the year
    - I know i disappoint a lot of fans. The ones that watched me over the years
    - i didnt come here not to preform or not to play
    - im sorry if i broke someones heart, i know the expectation is high after signing the contract i did. It happens, i have to move on and really improve myself over the summer
    - put this beside me hopefully and think for the future
    - i have to work on the way i want to be used, throughout the summer we can communicate and just try to explain myself and just try to do the things i can do best
    - i dont wanna show excuses but i was playing the point forward in Orlando , they wanted to use me in a different role and we can work on that through the summer
    - i felt good throughout the season, playing the whole summer made me miss training camp.
    - stuff happens, i wanst able to do those kind of stuff, thats why they rested me

Q: doubtful they will trade you with your contract.

- those things i cant control
    - if i get traded, i do
    - i have to work things out and try to communicate and do things the right way

Q: Did you hear anything that i wanted to leave (From Hedo)
    - i signed a big deal here, i didnt come here to be in this situation, i wanted to preform, it didnt work out, it was a good experience, i have a long summer ahead of me
    - if i stay here, hopefully have a great year

- you know i learned a lot from this organization and this city
    - i just have to keep myself calm all the time
    - people expect a lot from me which is normal
    - they want more from me and thats normal

Q: Did you take too much of the blame?
    - its normal man
    - i came here with a big contract, people expect things
    - if you dont do it you have to take the blame
    - on my side i take the blame, it wasnt just me though
    - trying to focus on my world championship in the summer now
    Source - Click here for more

I'm glad he finally took accountability for something. I think he will be back but it sounds like he thinks they're going to try and move him... I hope he enters next season in a better frame of mind. His best excuse all year was pretty much "I'm not in Orlando now".

Comment

What jumps out at me is that he feels he wasnt used the way he thought he was going to be (as in Orlando). Looks like some miscommunication occurred between he, BC & JT. All we now need is him getting seriously injured during the World's and/or that tournament having an effect on his readiness for next season. Still, no excuses why he shot so badly and was slow on the drive. He was just not in the best of shape.

Comment

Q: Youve been around Chris, what gives you reason to believe he will want to come back?
        - hes very very loyal
        - hes in love with this city
        - he would just call me and tell me how great the city was
        - he had a love for this city
        - hes from city but this is a home away from home for him
        - he spends a ton of his off-time here
        - he dedicates himself to this city
        - he loves playing here man
        - he loves being the face of the franchise and the place where he can call it "his team"
        Source

Jack sounds pretty darn confident that Bosh will be back. Maybe Chris said something to his best bud on the team? Still have my doubts about Chris being back.

Bendit wrote: View Post
        What jumps out at me is that he feels he wasnt used the way he thought he was going to be (as in Orlando). Looks like some miscommunication occurred between he, BC & JT. All we now need is him getting seriously injured during the World's and/or that tournament having an effect on his readiness for next season. Still, no excuses why he shot so badly and was slow on the drive. He was just not in the best of shape.
        What they should do is say no to his request to play in the world and strongly recommend that he work out and practice with Jose or Jarret (which ever one is still here, probably Jarret) throughout the summer.
        Last edited by Apollo; Thu Apr 15, 2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

i think before he signed the contract there was already an agreement in place that he would play in the worlds, primarily because Turkey is hosting it and the turkey of MJ, i mean the MJ of Turkey cant not be playing.

it could go either way after he plays in the worlds, he might come out of it a more prepared, focused and conditioned player, or he could come out exhausted. either way, we've seen him play this season, if he still plays bad in October, at least we already know he's a disappointment so it wont be that bad. Honestly, i think it would do him good. It would make him love basketball again, playing infront of his people and home crowd.

Comment

you know i learned a lot from this organization and this city
            ya he learned there's some pumpin' night clubs up in north york.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Just watched the Jarrett Jack exit interview. Gotta say, he is one cool dude. Really like that guy.

Also saw the Bargnani interview. A thing I always liked about him and still do is that he speaks with no guile, whatsoever. Not full of crap at all. Would rather he work with a U.S. big-man type of coach than practice and play for the Italian team, but ... what are ya gonna do?

Watched Hedo’s interview as well. He said, “I’m sorry if I break somebody’s heart.” Lol. Not sure why that made me laugh, but it did.

Sounds like Bosh was interviewed, but I’m not seeing it on the Raptors site. Yet, at least.

Comment

Bosh interview:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...923/index.html

I don't know to me it sounds like he is leaning on leaving the team especially when he brought the Pau Gasol reference about a guy not being number 1 due to playing with Kobe however he is more famous then he was in Memphis.

Comment

I feel bad for Jose...when the rude reporters talk about him going to Europe or if he getting traded...

Comment

...That's what happens when your defense is comparable to a revolving door...
                    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Apr 15, 2010, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      ...That's what happens when happens when your defense is comparable to a revolving door...

Comment

Watched the Chris Bosh interview. After all is said and done and if he is gonna go ... I sure am gonna miss him. Outstanding player and a class act.

Feeling nostalgic at the moment about this year’s team ... even melancholy. We really should’ve still been playing. Oh well ...

Hotshot - thanks for the link ... and for making me laugh with that Jose pic. A bit wry ... but funny as hell.

Comment

I thought that the Triano interview was interesting.

Especially his comments about the Raptors defense or lack of it.

Also, when he mentioned that the Raptors wing defenders were so bad that he had to use the bigs defending the wing even if it meant sacrificing rebounding.

Of course watching the Raptors games we call see that it was Johnson that was trying to guard the wing guy and his own guy at the same time.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                          X