Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if 2016 playoffs is a repeat of 2014 and 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Demar is the modern day Jerry Stackhouse. Even Chr1s1nL will agree with that. Both their of offensive games and stats are eerily close in some seasons - about as close as 2 players you will ever see, across the board. Scary thought is that Stack-led teams in his prime (Philly, Pistons, Wiz) were usually pretty bad and always got better after he was traded.
    Disagree. Stackhouse didn't have a single season in his career as good as DeMar's in 2013-14. And none come anywhere near the one he's currently having.

Comment

• What happens if 2016 playoffs is a repeat of 2014 and 2015?

I'm with JWash on this one.

I guess their comparable (similar height/skills/position), but Demar's teams have been top 4 for the last 3 seasons (including this season - his team is currently sitting 2nd) and I don't think we get better if he walks....

So it's just a scary thought if your pessimistic ....Honestly, I think we get significantly worse if he walks. Lowry breaks down or walks the following season and we go back to crap.

Like McHappy said... Demar is a very rare case in professional basketball....I'm also glad that is the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        Disagree. Stackhouse didn't have a single season in his career as good as DeMar's in 2013-14. And none come anywhere near the one he's currently having.
        Hard to say that when Stackhouse averaged a shade under 30 a game at 26 years old (80 games).

Comment

True that Stackhouse never cracked >110 ORTG, which DD will do twice, but Stack had higher USG seasons (e.g. 35%) maintaining above average ORTG (106), which follows the USG/ORTG curve that DD is on. But still, the raw stats and some advanced metrics are close in multiple categories.

Have a quick look... it's interesting. Their games are similar: mid-range pull-ups, slashing, drawing contact, poor 3pt shooters, etc...

http://bkref.com/tiny/WvFSF

Comment

• Actually we discussed the Stackhouse / DD comparison just before the season. The definitive RR authority on Derozan fully endorses it... lol

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post527079
            Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            I'm guessing they signed Stackhouse to coach DD. Since their games are so similar. I personally like the signing.
            http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post527091
            Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Raptors front office/Coaching staff have accepted DD's game. So they brought in a coach that played like him to coach him. I don't see a problem with that.
            And, for good measure....

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post527168

Axel wrote: View Post
            Creepy. DD's All-Star and Stack's first All-Star (he made two). Nearly identical

Player Age MP FG FGA FG% 3P% 2PA 2P% eFG% FTA FT% TRB AST STL PTS
            DeMar DeRozan 24 38.2 7.6 17.8 .429 .305 15.2 .451 .452 8.0 .824 4.3 4.0 1.1 22.7
            Jerry Stackhouse 25 38.4 7.5 17.6 .428 .288 14.1 .462 .456 9.2 .815 3.8 4.5 1.3 23.6

Comment

True that Stackhouse never cracked >110 ORTG, which DD will do twice, but Stack had higher USG seasons (e.g. 35%) maintaining above average ORTG (106), which follows the USG/ORTG curve that DD is on. But still, the raw stats and some advanced metrics are close in multiple categories.

Have a quick look... it's interesting. Their games are similar: mid-range pull-ups, slashing, drawing contact, poor 3pt shooters, etc...

http://bkref.com/tiny/WvFSF
              He also never touched his WS or WS/48 of 8.8 and .141 in 2013-14. And DD has exceeded that this season. He's a superior player.

Comment

• And once again every thread becomes a DD thread
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

He also never touched his WS or WS/48 of 8.8 and .141 in 2013-14. And DD has exceeded that this season. He's a superior player.
                  Stack notched a 9.2 WS total in 00-01 (on a 31 win team mind you) as well as a WS/48 total of .137.

Comment

• Stackhouse was never on great teams (although he was on a 50-32 Detroit team) because he didn't play with good players in his prime years also. Also Detroit didn't actually get better after he left and was replaced with Rip/Chauncey, they were about the same. The following year they moved to championship level because they also added Rasheed Wallace and made a coaching change which progressed their defense from great to legendary..

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Stack notched a 9.2 WS total in 00-01 (on a 31 win team mind you) as well as a WS/48 total of .137.
                      My mistake.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        And once again every thread becomes a DD thread
                        Because at it's core every thread is about getting rid of DeRozan or not getting rid of him. They just come under different veils.

Comment

Because at it's core every thread is about getting rid of DeRozan or not getting rid of him. They just come under different veils.
                          I dunno J-Dub, reading way too much into this harmless one-off comp, triggered by Matt's comment that DD is a rare player. Can you build around him is a prime subject for discussion in this particular thread.
                          Last edited by golden; Mon Jan 18, 2016, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Actually we discussed the Stackhouse / DD comparison just before the season. The definitive RR authority on Derozan fully endorses it... lol

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post527079

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post527091

And, for good measure....

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post527168
                            That 2nd Christian quote highlights a lot of my frustration with his postings.

Has always defended DD game.

Never saw any issue with it nor desire to see it changed.

Now his game has changed and he knew all along.... Yeah.

Comment

I dunno J-Dub, reading way too much into this harmless one-off comp, triggered by Matt's comment that DD is a rare player. Can you build around him is a prime subject for discussion in this particular thread.
                              I meant he is a rare player in terms of development not style of game.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                I meant he is a rare player in terms of development not style of game.
                                LOL. I guess I mis-interpreted that and we end up with 3 more pages in this thread (good idea, btw).

Still, I like the DD/Stack comp, although Demar does look to be the better overall player with better teammates. But if Stackhouse played in the age of analytics today, you have to think he would have adjusted his game to be more efficient, like DD is doing. Back in those days you didn't have the feedback, with volume chuckers like Antoine Walker being thought of as legitimate all-stars.

Comment

Working...
                                X