Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if 2016 playoffs is a repeat of 2014 and 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barolt wrote: View Post
    Short answer: Bulls are somewhat in the same boat we're in right now(good, not nearly good enough to beat the Cavs/Warriors/Spurs/Clippers/Thunder in a seven game series), the only difference is that Jimmy Butler is good enough to get them out of the first round by himself, we have noone on our team quite on that level.
    A healthy Kyle Lowry can win you a playoff round with DeMar DeRozan performing at 80%. That I have no doubt about, what I do doubt is them both staying healthy for that long. They're #4 and #6 in minutes played in the league so far, and Lowry's missed time due to injury in 6 out of 7 seasons. Odds don't look great.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
      A healthy Kyle Lowry can win you a playoff round with DeMar DeRozan performing at 80%. That I have no doubt about, what I do doubt is them both staying healthy for that long. They're #4 and #6 in minutes played in the league so far, and Lowry's missed time due to injury in 6 out of 7 seasons. Odds don't look great.
      Sorry. Aside here but are you an Arsenal fan? I see the Wenger avatar and the name....

We... we can't be friends.

Comment

I agree with you, but... I think there's no way we'll have a healthy Lowry come the playoffs. He's carrying too much of a load.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

A healthy Kyle Lowry can win you a playoff round with DeMar DeRozan performing at 80%.
          Which doesn't really help our "DeCision".

If we win one round and Demar is meh overall, not sure how to deal with that.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
            Chicago needed a 53 point performance from Jimmy Butler to squeak by Philly in OT....

Like I've said in other threads, I think for perspective it would be beneficial to watch other teams and how they close out games more frequently. The Raptors are not a unicorn in the NBA when it comes to 4th quarter execution.
            This!!!!
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

To the OP:

1. Formally release Casey the day after the playoff series ends.

2. Trade Lowry, likely at the draft, or else in the offseason

3. Explore trade options for Carroll

4. Let Scola, JJ and Bennett walk as free agents

5. Thank Biyombo and wish him well when he declines his player-option

6. Re-sign DeRozan for the asset he represents, or else wish him well in LA as he walks away (becomes far more likely if Lowry gets dealt first)

Build around JV, young players, draft picks, return from trades, and potentially one big free agent in 2016 and/or 2017.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Axel had a great post titled, Building a Contender on a Knife's Edge. As reflected in that post, the Raptors don't have a lot of margin for error in building this current team due to roster composition and salary commitments.

I have no idea at what point Masai looks to go in a different direction. But one would have to think 3 straight years of a (possible) first round knock out would have to warrant questioning on the direction of the franchise as currently constructed.

We did have the Messiah telling us in his introduction interview back in 2013 that he would not be a treadmill team and that half the league makes the playoffs - it is not something to be excited over.

So if the worst case scenario unfolds (Raptors losing in first round of playoffs) again this season, what would you do?

Blow it up a.k.a. tank?

Trade core member(s)? Lowry? DD? JV?

#FireCasey?

Find a new team?
                i think the 2014 and 2015 playoffs were two very different situations. if this year played out like 2014 with a very tight 7 game series i think casey gets his option picked up and they try to grab a 4 however possible.

if it is like last year casey is gone, i think demar gets locked up and they look at lowry deals and maybe demar deals.

lou and randle for demar would people do it? saw a randle for demar on espn article behind a paywall so i cant open it though.
                http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story...ets-assets-nba

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  i think the 2014 and 2015 playoffs were two very different situations. if this year played out like 2014 with a very tight 7 game series i think casey gets his option picked up and they try to grab a 4 however possible.

if it is like last year casey is gone, i think demar gets locked up and they look at lowry deals and maybe demar deals.

lou and randle for demar would people do it? saw a randle for demar on espn article behind a paywall so i cant open it though.
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story...ets-assets-nba
                  It was Randle, Clarkson and Lou for Demar. It's in another thread.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    To the OP:

1. Formally release Casey the day after the playoff series ends.

2. Trade Lowry, likely at the draft, or else in the offseason

3. Explore trade options for Carroll

4. Let Scola, JJ and Bennett walk as free agents

5. Thank Biyombo and wish him well when he declines his player-option

6. Re-sign DeRozan for the asset he represents, or else wish him well in LA as he walks away (becomes far more likely if Lowry gets dealt first)

Build around JV, young players, draft picks, return from trades, and potentially one big free agent in 2016 and/or 2017.
                    7. Build a time machine and do all this shit right after we traded Rudy Gay.

8. Fire Masai Ujiri.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

8. Fire Masai Ujiri.
                      Seriously?

You build a time machine and still let us draft Bargs? That's a special kind of evil right there.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Seriously, though... I don't think Masai will tank with two years left on his contract. I also don't think the team we're rolling with right now is the team we'll see in the first round. I think Masai will make a move before the trade deadline and it's going to change the complexion of a lot of the discussions we're having right now.

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                          It was Randle, Clarkson and Lou for Demar. It's in another thread.
                          thank you

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                            Seriously?

You build a time machine and still let us draft Bargs? That's a special kind of evil right there.
                            Without Bargs we would still have Bryan Colangelo in charge. I am not a sadist.

Comment

Without Bargs we would still have Bryan Colangelo in charge. I am not a sadist.
                              And no Knicks pick...

I retract my statement.

Comment

8. Fire Masai Ujiri.
                                And all we've got to show for trading Kyle Lowry is ..... Iman Shumpert? Uh, no thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X