Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if 2016 playoffs is a repeat of 2014 and 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we lose in the second round my reaction would be dictated on how.

If we are swept, obviously hard looks need to be had.

If we make a seven game series out of it and play solid ball, I look at as progress and see if internal development takes us to the next stage
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      If we lose in the second round my reaction would be dictated on how.

If we make a seven game series out of it and play solid ball, I look at as progress and see if internal development takes us to the next stage
      yes, to an extent. a first round 7 game series like the brooklyn one and i don't think major changes are needed either. if the team is just thrilled and seems like the achieved all they wanted by making it to the second round and doesn't bring the effort i think changes are needed as well.

Comment

• To me the question is how well we can play against the Cavs. If we ever want to get to a finals, we are going to have to go through Cleveland. To be honest, we should at least compete with any other team.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          If we lose in the second round my reaction would be dictated on how.

In agreement. My concern is what we do if we do what Wizards did last playoffs. They kept Whittman. So far not great regular season but they have had some injuries.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I think keeping DD and trading Lowry will prove too difficult a proposition (DD will probably want assurances Lowry stays if he is to re-sign, and almost certainly will walk if Lowry is dealt beforehand, unless you get a better player back which seems exceedingly unlikely).

As such, if the 2015 playoffs are a total failure like last year (or even like two years ago with a close loss to an inferior team), drop Casey, let DD walk, trade Lowry at the draft for cap room and a pick, package several picks (whatever is needed from our own 2016, the Knicks 2016, the return on a Lowry deal, the Clippers' 2017) to move up as high as possible in the draft (but do not touch any future Raps picks). Try to find a trade partner for Carroll's deal, but if there's no value there then keep him as the vet leadership for a young team. Target some RFA's like Motiejunas with the newfound cap space.

Retool the team around JV as the offensive centrepiece in the post and in PnR with CoJo. Barring any successful upgrade at PF, start JV-PP-DC-TR-CJ. Target a coach who will run a 1 in 4 out scheme predicated mostly on using screen plays to set up inside play (post ups off of movement, drives and cuts during pick and roll plays).
            This ^^ cuz this vv

planetmars wrote: View Post
            The only course of action would be to not resign Casey. I'm actually okay with bringing back DD and keeping Lowry. The concern I have with trading Lowry is what return will we get back and who needs a PG?

Do note that Conley will be a free agent and a team like Orlando (or Utah) could just sign him outright. Conley is having an off year but that's mainly due to injury then play. It's much cheaper to resign Conley then to trade for Lowry who's a UFA and can opt out without assurance he'd be back.

I would really like to see how this team does in the playoffs with a new coach. Golden State went from an after thought to a champion and possibly a GOAT team from switching coaches.

Rebuilding around JV and DD without Lowry is obviously an option.. but who's playing PG for this team? If its CoJo then your basically ending up as a medicore 7-11 seed in the East (with a new coach). You either tank hard or retool and try again.

Comment

Working...
            X