Projected Starters
    Boston Toronto
    PG - Isaiah Thomas PG - Kyle Lowry
    SG - Avery Bradley SG - Demar Derozan
    SF - Jae Crowder SF - James Johnson
    PF - Amir Johnson PF - Luis Scola
    C - Jared Sullinger C - Jonas Valanciunas

Last Meeting
    The Raptors used a 26-10 run in the third quarter to break open a close game. Although the Celtics continued to battle in the fourth, and trimmed Toronto’s lead to single digits with less than two minutes remaining, the Raptors escaped Boston with a 113-103 victory.

Terrence Ross was fantastic off the bench, pouring in 21 points in 21 minutes. Ross shot 8-for-12 from the floor, 2-for-6 from beyond the arc and 3-for-3 from the free throw line. He was aggressive early, mixing it up with three-pointers as well as drives to the basket and played the role of spark plug off the bench to perfection.

Noteworthy
    • The seven-game home stand equals the franchise high set last season (Nov. 7-21) and in 2012 (Mar. 21 – Apr. 3) and 1999 (Nov. 30 – Dec. 14). The Raptors will also have another stretch of seven consecutive home games later in the season (Mar 2-14).

• Toronto has won a season high-tying five straight games (Jan. 6-18, Oct. 28 - Nov. 4).

• The team’s longest winning streak under Casey is six games done three times (Last: Jan. 23-31, 2015). We've won 5 in a row 8 times.

• The backcourt duo of Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan combined for 61 points Monday versus Brooklyn. Lowry poured in a game-high 31 points and matched his career high with seven made three-pointers, while DeRozan scored 30. It was the first time they both scored 30+ points in the same game in 233 games as teammates.

• DeRozan and Lowry are one of four duos in the NBA averaging 20+ points this season. DeRozan ranks 11th in the NBA averaging 22.8 points, while Lowry ranks 15th with 21.0 points.

• Kyle Lowry needs four assists to pass Damon Stoudamire (1,761) for third place on team’s all-time assists list. Jose Calderon (3,770) and Alvin Williams (1,791) rank first and second, respectively, on the list.

• Toronto has won 17 straight games when holding opponents to less than 100 points, the second-longest streak in team history. They won 27 straight games when holding their opponent below the century mark from March 2009 to March 2010.

• Patrick Patterson has scored in double figures off the bench in a season-high three straight games (Jan. 9-18), averaging 11.3 points. During this stretch, he is shooting .545 (12-for-22) from the field with eight made threepointers.

• The Raptors reached the midway point of their season Monday against the Nets. Toronto’s 26 wins after 41 games are the second most in franchise history. The Raptors were 27-14 after 41 games last season.

WELCOME BACK AMIR!!

GO RAPS!!
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 20, 2016, 05:56 PM.

OG is our king

Comment

Big game tonight against our division rivals. I used to hate the Celtics but now I kind of like them. Talent (us) vs Coaching (them). Should be a good one.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        Big game tonight against our division rivals. I used to hate the Celtics but now I kind of like them. Talent (us) vs Coaching (them). Should be a good one.
        Brad Stevens scares the shit out of me if we draw them in a playoff series.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post

Amir!

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
            Brad Stevens scares the shit out of me if we draw them in a playoff series.
            Why? Is he a 6'11 PF now who is great in pick and roll shooting threes? Cause if he is, then I agree, those guys give the Raps lots of trouble....

Comment

I find Brad Stevens so overrated
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                Amir!

Yeah this made me sad. Hope we can bring him back one day like Garnett is in Minny now
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Careful, these guys will find obscure advanced coaching stats

Comment

Nah, no stats, it's just Stevens over the last two years as done as good a job as almost anyone in the NBA getting his guys to play good, tough, team basketball.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Standing Ovation for Amir!

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                        Standing Ovation for Amir!
                        I would say the most beloved Raptor of all time. Vince had a way way way higher peak but a fall from grace. Should be cool tonight.

Comment

big surprise

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            Why? Is he a 6'11 PF now who is great in pick and roll shooting threes? Cause if he is, then I agree, those guys give the Raps lots of trouble....
                            Gortat ate the Raps alive last season in the playoffs. If you think about it, everyone gives us trouble

Comment

No surprise here. You also wanted to trade Jonas for injured Motejunas.

Comment

Working...
                              X