Washington Toronto
    PG - John Wall PG - Kyle Lowry
    SG - Garrett Temple SG - Demar Derozan
    SF - Otto Porter SF - James Johnson
    PF - Nene PF - Luis Scola
    C - Marcin Gortat C - Jonas Valanciunas

Last Meeting
    JANUARY 8, 2016 TORONTO 97, WASHINGTON 88
    DeMar DeRozan scored 21 of his season-high 35 points in the second half of the Raptors' 97-88 victory over the Wizards 97-88 on Friday night.

DeRozan and his backcourt mate, Kyle Lowry, who had 21 points and a season high-tying 10 rebounds, did most of the damage.

Lowry watched as DeRozan scored 11 in the third quarter and 10 in the fourth … The Raptors overcame a season-high 23 turnovers, taking control with an 18-4 run that gave them a 69-59 lead with 2:40 to play in thethird quarter

Noteworthy
    • The Toronto Raptors continue a seven game home stand (Jan. 18-30) Tuesday night versus the Washington Wizards at Air Canada Centre. The home stand equals the franchise high set last season (Nov. 7-21) and in 2012 (Mar. 21 – Apr. 3) and 1999 (Nov. 30 – Dec. 14). The Raptors will also have another stretch of seven consecutive home games later in the season (Mar. 2-14).

• With a victory Tuesday versus Washington, the Raptors would tie their longest winning streak in team history.

• Toronto has won six straight regular-season meetings with the Wizards.

• Toronto has won 19 straight games when holding opponents under 100 points, the second-longest streak in team history. The Raptors won 27 straight games when holding their opponent below the century mark from March 2009 to March 2010.

• Toronto shot a season-best .545 (12-for-22) from three-point range during Sunday’s victory over the Clippers. The Raptors have now made 11 or more three-pointers in four consecutive games (Jan. 18-24). Toronto is shooting 49 per cent (49-for-100) from beyond the arc during this stretch.

• The Raptors are 12-4 this season when they make 10 or more three-pointers in a single game.

• Toronto’s bench scored a season-best 51 points and shot .576 (19-for-33) from the floor Sunday versus the Clippers.

• The Raptors had four reserves score in double digits (Terrence Ross - 18, Cory Joseph - 12, Patrick Patterson - 10 and Bismack Biyombo - 10) for the first time since Dec. 12, 2014 vs. Indiana.

• Over the last six contests (Jan. 9-24) Toronto’s second unit is averaging 36.0 points. During this stretch, the Raptors’ reserves have outscored their counterparts 216-to-167 (+49).

• Terrence Ross has scored in double figures off the bench in four straight games (Jan. 18-24), averaging 14.3 points. During this stretch, he’s shooting .714 (20-for-28) from the field and .684 (13-for-19) from beyond the arc.

• DeMar DeRozan has made 13 of his 26 three-pointers this season in the month of January. DeRozan is shooting a career best .321 (26-for-81) from beyond the arc, including .448 (13-for-29) during 11 games in January.

• Lowry scored 20+ points for the 25th time; something he did 29 times in 70 games last season.

GO RAPS!!

Awesome thread from the Master. Thanks, man.

Your points about the bench play are suuuuure encouraging. Watching the Spurs and GS last night - man!, they've got a lot of contributors. Let's hope our bench is just rounding into form.

[Oh and, uh - boy did we play GS tough, in retrospect, huh??? ]

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      Awesome thread from the Master. Thanks, man.

Your points about the bench play are suuuuure encouraging. Watching the Spurs and GS last night - man!, they've got a lot of contributors. Let's hope our bench is just rounding into form.

[Oh and, uh - boy did we play GS tough, in retrospect, huh??? ]
      We practically tied GS for all intents and purposes, and beat San Antonio.

With that said, I hope the team hasn't been feeling themselves too much the last couple days, and still handle business tonight.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

W All thanks to Joey

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
          W All thanks to Joey
          Pfft I think we can thank Marcus Smart for elbowing Beal in the face ... by accident ... Lol

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            We practically tied GS for all intents and purposes, and beat San Antonio.

With that said, I hope the team hasn't been feeling themselves too much the last couple days, and still handle business tonight.
            Yup. Weird to lose this one (franchise win tie), to this team (struggling and on a back-to-back) at this time (last before the All Star reserves are announced).

I've never done this (he says, nervously) ... but you have to expect a win here, don't you ... for Casey, if nothing else?

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
              W All thanks to Joey
              Honestly, I think teams are beginning to game plan for him now. I'm concerned.

I hope he doesn't over exert himself and is able to make it through the playoffs.
              OG is our king

Comment

A win puts us at 30-15 at that elusive "twice as many wins as losses" which I and Phil Jackson (and Im sure a few others ) Believe is the benchmark for an elite team

Comment

raps by 20 plus

Comment

Raptors by 34. #Ibelieve.

Comment

DD goes off for 30 agian

Comment

Bruno is in the building

Comment

Bruno is in the building
                          id put money on that he plays at least 9 min tonight, its that kinda night folks.

Comment

A win puts us at 30-15 at that elusive "twice as many wins as losses" which I and Phil Jackson (and Im sure a few others ) Believe is the benchmark for an elite team
                            Soyou and Phil now eh... thats serious company you're keeping hahaha.

Comment

Day One wrote: View Post
                              id put money on that he plays at least 9 min tonight, its that kinda night folks.
                              I'm fine with casey doing what he's doing. But though I've wanted to see Delon hit the court for (well, seems like forever), I was still surprised by how excited I was to see the - what - 1:32 vs. the Clippers.

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X