GAME #45 - Washington Wizards 89 - Toronto Raptors 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    Cant listen to Kyle saying he's fine though. Players always say this. I say get the MRI, and if there's no ligament damage then let him play. Other than that I think he should take the next 2 games off.
    This. Sometimes with bad sprains, also, you won't feel the full impact for 24-48 hours.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Leuwenberg

Lowry says his wrist is fine, per Casey, but they'll keep an eye on it. X-rays were negative. Team is calling it a sprain.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
        Leuwenberg
        And if Lowry was a trained medical professional and looking at an MRI of that wrist, I'd believe that it's fine.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          And if Lowry was a trained medical professional and looking at an MRI of that wrist, I'd believe that it's fine.
          Well there sports science guy did look at it but sure its early.

They aren't playing tomorrow, but this is a good sign. Its better than him saying my wrist is fucked:

Speaking of, Eric SMith

"I'm fine" -- Lowry.
          lol

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Correct... next is an MRI.. that will happen in the morning when the swelling.. if any. comes down...
            See if there is any ligament damage...
            Injuries... hate em.. but they are a part of an 82 game schedule...
            I believe you're wrong sir. X-ray would be positive if bone is fractured or docs can't determine ligament injuries by looking at how the bones of the wrist line up on the xray pictures.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
              There was a tweet from this guy at the Fan
              Jeez if you've got hard info, share it. Who?

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                Jeez if you've got hard info, share it. Who?
                I'm trying to find it.

In the meanwhile, theres this from from Michael Grange:

Lowry declared himself 'fine' after the game; no ice on his wrist; didn't seem to be favouriting it all.

Comment

• The team is deep. It has CoJo and Wright. I hope KL is fine but shit happens. The Raps have done well without DeMarre.

Here's hoping he is OK.

Comment

• Next tweet in the Lowry saga.

Leuwenberg:

How's Lowry's wrist? "I'm fine". Would he tell us if he wasn't? "No, I wouldn't"
                    Another one:

Lowry did say he thought "it was something worse than what it was" when he ran off the court. Seems to have dodged a bullet

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      I believe you're wrong sir. X-ray would be positive if bone is fractured or docs can't determine ligament injuries by looking at how the bones of the wrist line up on the xray pictures.
                      mmm.. don't think so....
                      x-ray shows breaks, fractures in bones....
                      MRI shows soft tissue damage .. like ligaments/cartlidge...being pulled away from bones and if you can have an MRI like Lowry can by showing up in the morning and not waiting for 6 weeks might as well be sure ...
                      not a doctor.. just have had to have my share of both during the twilight of my mediocre hockey career..
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jan 27, 2016, 12:02 AM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Is this the fastest a raptor team has ever reached 30 wins?

Winning is fun.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          The team is deep. It has CoJo and Wright. I hope KL is fine but shit happens. The Raps have done well without DeMarre.

Here's hoping he is OK.
                          I wonder if wright would still get any playing time? More likely derozan would just share ball handling duties with Cory, maybe a sprinkling of powell/ross.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Rays-Negative

is this positive or negative lol I know nothing about these things

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              mmm.. don't think so....
                              x-ray shows breaks, fractures in bones....
                              MRI shows soft tissue damage .. like ligaments/cartlidge...being pulled away from bones
                              not a doctor.. just have had to have my share of both during the twilight of my mediocre hockey career..
                              Well, when I had torn wrist ligaments(~4 years ago), doc told me straight away after xrays. MRI was needed just to confirm it

Your doctor will then physically examine your wrist joint. It may hurt when your doctor moves or probes your sore wrist. But it is important that your doctor sees how your wrist moves, how it is aligned, and exactly where it hurts.

You will need X-rays. X-rays are usually the best way to see what is happening with your bones. After a wrist injury, X-rays can help determine whether a wrist fracture has occurred. X-rays can also help your doctor determine whether certain types of ligament injuries have occurred by looking at how the bones of the wrist line up.

If X-rays do not show enough information, other tests may be ordered to view the ligaments better. In some cases, an arthrogram of the wrist is used. This test requires that dye be injected into one of the small joints of the wrist. Special X-rays are then taken to look for leakage of the dye out of the joint. This may help confirm that the ligaments are torn.

Comment

• We need to beat NY. For several reasons.

1.) We all hate NY, they are our nemesis.
                                2.) We get their draft pick, more losses equals better pick for us
                                3.) Set the win streak record
                                4.) Move one step closer to 1st in the East, the dream is real
                                5.) A repeat of reason 1, I hate the Knicks so fucking much

Comment

Working...
                                X