X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan
    replied
    Lowry Injury Update: http://www.tsn.ca/raptors-lowry-ques...nicks-1.429407

Looks like he's questionable for the NY game, so it definitely seems like it's not going to be a long-term thing.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Lowry is questionable for tomorrow, didn't practice per Wolstat

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Barolt wrote: View Post
    If Lowry needs to miss a couple weeks(everyone hopes he doesn't), I feel like Casey's reluctance to play Wright all season might bite us in the ass here.
    He's been playing heavy minutes in the D-League hasn't he? I think he'll be in game shape if called upon, but the familiarity with with the second unit won't be there more than any he has gained during practice days, training camp etc.

If our best player goes out we are screwd one way or another.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Could just be that Lowry woke up and felt the soreness with tendons tightening up over night. Either way, this is a good time to get the rook some minutes. Soft schedule ahead and all.
    If Lowry needs to miss a couple weeks(everyone hopes he doesn't), I feel like Casey's reluctance to play Wright all season might bite us in the ass here.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Thing is, they assigned Delon to the D-League after the game last night, after Lowry's injury. So something clearly changed between last night and this morning.
    Could just be that Lowry woke up and felt the soreness with tendons tightening up over night. Either way, this is a good time to get the rook some minutes. Soft schedule ahead and all.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Thing is, they assigned Delon to the D-League after the game last night, after Lowry's injury. So something clearly changed between last night and this morning.
    Common sense prevailed? X rays and mris should mean sit out the next days practice regardless.

There could have also been a miscommunication and nobody told the right person in time that wright needs to say.

Of course, could also mean lowry out 4 weeks.

Guess we just wait and see.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but maybe they just want Lowry to sit out this practice and they need another PG. I'd be excited for Wright to get minutes if our game tomorrow wasn't against the dreaded Knicks.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    We recalled Delon 1 hour prior to the tip of the D-League game. To me that indicates there's more concerns about Lowry.
    Yeah, but maybe they just want Lowry to sit out this practice and they need another PG. I'd be excited for Wright to get minutes if our game tomorrow wasn't against the dreaded Knicks.

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    We recalled Delon 1 hour prior to the tip of the D-League game. To me that indicates there's more concerns about Lowry.

Leave a comment:

• Wild-ling#1
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Arghh. Went to the game. It was awesome. Drive home...looking forward to hearing the post game. What do I get? [B]Both[B] sports radio stations dedicated to dissecting a 5-1 Leafs loss. Speechless.
    Yup. Sad. I've taken to "pitching" basketball to strangers - people are missin' out ...

Guess they've gotta maintain the Leaf base, tho' ... and leave uswith the games, scraps ... and each other, of course.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Arghh. Went to the game. It was awesome. Drive home...looking forward to hearing the post game. What do I get? [B]Both[B] sports radio stations dedicated to dissecting a 5-1 Leafs loss. Speechless.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Guys, tomorrow is BellLetsTalk day. I never thought I'm going to say something like this, but I really applaud Bell's so called 'corporate leadership' to tackle such issue. Some say it's just a multi-year marketing campaign.. well.. it kinda is... I guess, but it really became much more than that. This initiative is just amazing IMO. Social media is a perfect way to break the silence around mental illness and many many companies chose an easier way - just to ignore it.

Today, Bell will donate 5¢ more to mental health initiatives for every:

Text message sent*
    Mobile & long distance call made*
    Tweet using #BellLetsTalk
    Share of the Facebook image

http://letstalk.bell.ca/en/

Some of the stories from BellLetsTalk twitter account are just heartbreaking. I feel like I was born under a lucky star.

Let's share, tweet and break the silence around mental illness!
    frankly this issue is no longer ignored very good interview about mental illness during the game and in commercials Justin Trudeau is going on talk show to bring awareness to this issue. over the last 5 or 6 years our health care system and government has shown great strides in helping people who contend with these illness

Leave a comment:

• Barolt
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    Guys, tomorrow is BellLetsTalk day. I never thought I'm going to say something like this, but I really applaud Bell's so called 'corporate leadership' to tackle such issue. Some say it's just a multi-year marketing campaign.. well.. it kinda is... I guess, but it really became much more than that. This initiative is just amazing IMO. Social media is a perfect way to break the silence around mental illness and many many companies chose an easier way - just to ignore it.

Text message sent*

Some of the stories from BellLetsTalk twitter account are just heartbreaking. I feel like I was born under a lucky star.

Hey, not to get too personal here, but I was diagnosed as a teenager with Crohn's Disease, missed a year and a half of high school and spent a decade afterwords trying to deal with the depression that came from it. Depression is absolutely brutal to deal with, and explaining it to people is incredibly difficult. All the support in the world from me for this and any other mental health awareness initiatives.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied

Text message sent*

Leave a comment:

• Wild-ling#1
    replied
    Jrice9 wrote: View Post
    Total hunch based on what i've read on twitter.

That previous tweet I mentioned btw was from Ben Lewis.

I WANT TO MAKE IT CLEAR. I HAVE NO INSIDE SOURCES NOR AM I CLAIMING I HAVE ANY. I AM SORRY IF IT WAS INTERPRETED THAT WAY. lol
    I looked it up - Lewenberg actually did tweet that "the team is calling it a sprain".

Might be fine tomorrow or the next day. Might be a week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X