Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #46 - Knicks (22-25) @ Raptors (30-15); Thursday, Jan. 28th, at 8PM on TNT (& SN1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME #46 - Knicks (22-25) @ Raptors (30-15); Thursday, Jan. 28th, at 8PM on TNT (& SN1)

vs.

Projected Starters
    New York Toronto
    PG - Jose "The Spanish Fly" Calderon PG - Kyle Lowry
    SG - Aaron Afflalo SG - Demar Derozan
    SF - Lance Thomas SF - James Johnson
    PF - Kristaps Porzingis PF - Luis Scola
    C - Robyn Lopez C - Jonas Valanciunas

Last Meeting
    Nov. 10th 2015, Toronto 109, New York 111
    While the New York Knicks credited Carmelo Anthony's leadership, the Toronto Raptors had questions about his foot - specifically whether it was out of bounds on a pivotal play in the game.

The referees instead called Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry for a foul on Lance Thomas, the recipient of Anthony's subsequent pass with the Knicks leading by one. Thomas converted both free throws with 17.2 seconds remaining and the Knicks held on to hand the Raptors their first home loss of the season, 111-109 on Tuesday night.

"When we came in we reviewed the play," crew chief Ed Malloy said afterward. "We did see Anthony step out of bounds and should have awarded the ball to Toronto."

Anthony scored 25 points to help the Knicks to their third road win in four attempts this season - after registering just seven such wins over the entirety of last season - and was in no mood to revisit the past.

"I don't want to see it, I'm getting out of here," he said. "Ain't no need for me to look back and watch it, it's over with. I don't even know if I did it. Probably, but we're getting out of here with the win."

Noteworthy
    • The Toronto Raptors continue a seven game home stand (Jan. 18-30) Thursday night versus the Knicks at Air Canada Centre. The home stand equals the franchise high set last season (Nov. 7-21) and in 2012 (Mar. 21 – Apr. 3) and 1999 (Nov. 30 – Dec. 14). The Raptors will also have another stretch of seven consecutive home games later in the season (Mar. 2-14).

• The Raptors have tied a Franchise record of 9 consecutive wins, and have a chance to set the record with 10.

• According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Indiana, Orlando, Washington and Toronto are the only franchises in that have never recorded a 10-game winning streak.

• Toronto has won 20 straight games when holding opponents under 100 points, the second-longest streak in team history. The Raptors won 27 straight games when holding their opponent below the century mark from March 2009 to March 2010.

• The Raptors have sold out 61 consecutive games at Air Canada Centre (including playoffs) since Nov. 11, 2014. This is the longest streak of consecutive sell outs in team history. Toronto ranks fourth in the NBA this season averaging 19,848 fans through 22 home games.

• Toronto currently ranks fourth in the NBA limiting opponents to 96.6 points and eighth in opponent field goal percentage (.438).

• Toronto ranks fourth in the NBA this season averaging 19,848 fans through 22 home games.

• Terrence Ross (22) and Patrick Patterson (21) are shooting a combined .438 (43-for-100) from three-point range through 12 games in January. The duo rank fourth and fifth respectively in the NBA this month for three-pointers made while coming off the bench.

• All-Star Kyle Lowry left Tuesday’s game vs. Washington at the 3:42 mark in the fourth quarter with a sore left wrist. Precautionary x-rays were negative and Lowry is listed as questionable.

• DeMar DeRozan is averaging a career-best 23.0 points through 45 games this season – the third-highest scoring average among Eastern Conference players behind LeBron James (25.0) and Paul George (23.9). If DeRozan is selected as a reserve for the 2016 NBA All-Star Game, it would mark the second time two Raptors have been chosen to represent the team during the League’s annual showcase.

GO RAPS!!
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Jan 28, 2016, 04:45 PM.

If this wasn't a 9 game winning streak, vs the team we own the pick of, I'd be actually hoping lowry got a little rest and we'd get to see extended wright.

But as it stands, really hoping lowry is healthy and effective
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I thought NY said 'Melo was out tonight? I believe I saw a Tweet on ESPN about it...

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        If this wasn't a 9 game winning streak, vs the team we own the pick of, I'd be actually hoping lowry got a little rest and we'd get to see extended wright.

But as it stands, really hoping lowry is healthy and effective
        Ya I checked 3 different sources to confirm I wasn't lying by putting him in the Starting Lineup. Everywhere I look has him listed.

Here's hoping!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I thought NY said 'Melo was out tonight? I believe I saw a Tweet on ESPN about it...
          You are correct! Good catch. That must have just changed?

He's been subbed for Lance Thomas.

Comment

Yay Joey! Game thread!

Gonna crush them, with or without Lowry.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

LOL That's hilarious. Works even better because Demar calls Kyle his "little brother" .. even though he's older. Haha

I wonder how Lowry feels about being Kevin Hart in this...

Comment

Ot: is lowry the best 6 foot or under player since AI?

Comment

Ot: is lowry the best 6 foot or under player since AI?
                    Nope, Chris Paul.

I'd say Lowry is definitely in the conversation though.

Comment

Oh shit didn't realize he's 6 even, Paul always struck me to be like 6'2

Comment

Oh shit didn't realize he's 6 even, Paul always struck me to be like 6'2
                        Ya man, he plays big for sure; but ya, CP3 will always be my "I'm taller than __________" ...

... I'm 6'1". Haha

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                          LOL That's hilarious. Works even better because Demar calls Kyle his "little brother" .. even though he's older. Haha

I wonder how Lowry feels about being Kevin Hart in this...
                          How ironic. Kevin Hart and Icecube are both from Philly and Compton respectively. So are Kyle and Demar. LOL

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                            How ironic. Kevin Hart and Icecube are both from Philly and Compton respectively. So are Kyle and Demar. LOL
                            Nice observation!

Hart is short and funny like kyle (and exploded onto the scene after years of small roles), and demar gets better yearly Ike ice cube from his nwa days up to amerikkkas most wanted and death certificate.

Comment

Cube is actually from South Central, which is about 20 mins away from Compton.. but ya, I dig it anyway. Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X