Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #46 - Knicks (22-25) @ Raptors (30-15); Thursday, Jan. 28th, at 8PM on TNT (& SN1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superjudge wrote: View Post

Sure thing bud.
    One can only assume you have a resume out to at least 30 teams then..... amiright?
    Couldn't afford the pay cut....

Again, condescend and obfuscate all you want. Your argument is demonstrably false whether respect to basketball or any other field of endeavour. And you know that which is why you resort to your sarcastic irrelevancies when you get called out on it.

Comment

• I like superjudge's shtick. If its still ruffling your feathers, you're doing it wrong.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        "The wisdom of the crowd is the collective opinion of a group of individuals rather than that of a single expert.

A large group's aggregated answers to questions involving quantity estimation, general world knowledge, and spatial reasoning has generally been found to be as good as, and often better than, the answer given by any of the individuals within the group."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wisdom_of_the_crowd
        Maybe irrelevant here...but nonetheless in a similar vein and humourous....

When told of a book entitled "100 Authors Disagree with Einstein"...Einstein reportedly replied "Why one hundred. If I were wrong, one would have been enough".

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Maybe irrelevant here...but nonetheless in a similar vein and humourous....

When told of a book entitled "100 Authors Disagree with Einstein"...Einstein reportedly replied "Why one hundred. If I were wrong, one would have been enough".
          Billy King is all the evidence one needs to dis-prove the infallible basketball insider premise.

Comment

• Something occurred to me about the Knicks game last night. We might be now one of 'those teams', that other teams rest their stars against because they don't feel like they're going to win it anyways. Like the Mavs resting Dirk against the Warriors, the Knicks rested Melo and Porzingis against us.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              Something occurred to me about the Knicks game last night. We might be now one of 'those teams', that other teams rest their stars against because they don't feel like they're going to win it anyways. Like the Mavs resting Dirk against the Warriors, the Knicks rested Melo and Porzingis against us.
              Team rest players based on games played etc. Not because they think they will lose

We are the only team that will run our starters 36 minutes a game. Everygame

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                Team rest players based on games played etc. Not because they think they will lose

Nah, strategic resting against stronger teams does happen, especially with a back-to-back. Teams have for years kept players who're a bit banged up out of the less winnable game of a back to back.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Yet another incorrect statement

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Yet another incorrect statement
                    Sure. If you take it in a completely literal sense.

I can safely assume that you have a hard time seeing the bigger picture of a post.

Obviously our starters dont play 36 per cause jv does well to get 30.

But lowry and demar and carroll have certainly been run into the ground

Comment

Sure. If you take it in a completely literal sense.

I can safely assume that you have a hard time seeing the bigger picture of a post.

Obviously our starters dont play 36 per cause jv does well to get 30.

But lowry and demar and carroll have certainly been run into the ground

What exactly is the bigger picture of that post? Was any part of it remotely factual?

I mean, I'm in the side that thinks we should rest our players more, but ridiculous hyperbole doesn't get you far in discussions like this.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        What exactly is the bigger picture of that post? Was any part of it remotely factual?

I mean, I'm in the side that thinks we should rest our players more, but ridiculous hyperbole doesn't get you far in discussions like this.
                        Its very obvious.

Bot my problem if you cannot figure it out, but know that it is a pretty simple implication.

Perhaps from now on i will just be as specific as possible so that the message doesnt get lost on you.

So yes dan, the post was meant as narrative towards the thought that casey tends to run our players too much. Sorry that i chose to make that narrative while using number that do not match what nba.com or basketball reference validates.

You can call it poetic license...k?

Comment

Its very obvious.

Bot my problem if you cannot figure it out, but know that it is a pretty simple implication.

Perhaps from now on i will just be as specific as possible so that the message doesnt get lost on you.

So yes dan, the post was meant as narrative towards the thought that casey tends to run our players too much. Sorry that i chose to make that narrative while using number that do not match what nba.com or basketball reference validates.

You can call it poetic license...k?

You know what would be much more descriptive of the problem? A description of the problem.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            You know what would be much more descriptive of the problem? A description of the problem.
                            yes, true, cause lord knows the thought of players logging to high a minute count has never been discussed or mentioned on this forum before.

Comment

yes, true, cause lord knows the thought of players logging to high a minute count has never been discussed or mentioned on this forum before.
                              My problem is your idea that we're the only team that does it. People here are concerned because lowry broke down last year. But don't act like it's exclusive to us. Sure you can claim casey is one of the slower coaches in the league for determining it to be "garbage time" and pulling the big guns out. But EVERYBODY, aside from maybe San Antonio, plays their star guys 34 min plus(usually plus) in close games, night in and night out. And in their mid to late 20s mind u, we're not talking about tim Duncan and dirk here.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                My problem is your idea that we're the only team that does it. People here are concerned because lowry broke down last year. But don't act like it's exclusive to us. Sure you can claim casey is one of the slower coaches in the league for determining it to be "garbage time" and pulling the big guns out. But EVERYBODY, aside from maybe San Antonio, plays their star guys 34 min plus(usually plus) in close games, night in and night out. And in their mid to late 20s mind u, we're not talking about tim Duncan and dirk here.
                                Recent Allstars, Isaiah Thomas and Andre Drummond, both play less than 34 minutes a night. DeMar and Lowry are nearly at 37.

Comment

Working...
                                X