Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basketball Breakdown does a video on the Raptors win streak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball Breakdown does a video on the Raptors win streak!

Pretty much saying what we've been saying here for like, ever. Still, pretty cool to see people paying enough attention to us that we now warrant breakdown videos

As much improvement as DD has made, he still operates too slowly within the team game

Yupp, I never left that train

Comment

Lol, I was about to post this here as well

I'm having second thoughts about DeRozan though

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        As much improvement as DD has made, he still operates too slowly within the team game

Yupp, I never left that train
        just validated my opinion that he's not a good finisher at the rim.

Still love the guy, but he IS the weakest link.

edit: and he just mentioned how Casey doesn't know what he's doing lol. THANK YOU!

edit 2: am I the only one who forgets every single time that Demarre Carroll is on this team?
        Last edited by nubreed000; Fri Jan 29, 2016, 01:29 AM.

Comment

What validated what?

This guy is a cherry picking dolt.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            What validated what?

This guy is a cherry picking dolt.
            I stopped watching when I saw the conclusions he was drawing from a five man unit that's played all of 13 minutes together during the streak. "Look, two of the top three lineups do not contain DeMar DeRozan!" 13 minute sample size. smh.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Any first year stats/media student could tell you all about how this shit works.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                I stopped watching when I saw the conclusions he was drawing from a five man unit that's played all of 13 minutes together during the streak. "Look, two of the top three lineups do not contain DeMar DeRozan!" 13 minute sample size. smh.
                and the other lineup that doesnt has the second most minutes at 78.

\If you would have ket watching, you would have noticed some very legit comments about Demars game, but when faced with no answer to criticism, the tyical demar supporter will fall back to one little thing to nitpick on in an attempt to remove all validation from a much larger, much more imortant points being made.

Oh look he spelt a word wrong, I could read the rest of the pst.

Oh look, one of the top 3 lineups only played 13 minutes, 8 minute video is all wrong, except for the parts in which he says things are good.

Comment

Lol 2 years ago Coach Nick made a video saying DeRozan is becoming a superstar:

Comment

I want to see more out of that CJ, KL, TR, PP, JV line up.

I don't get what people don't like about the video (specifically the parts that relate to DeRozan). The criticisms there are valid. DeRozan has been much improved this year in spite of that but it doesn't make the comments in the video incorrect. For me the stand out is that DeRozan NEEDS to take more shots in rhythm with his feet set.

Edit: Still watching video. Looks like the biggest positives of the streak are Joseph and Ross. Did also like the part that the constant movement in certain line ups allows for Lowry to more easily pick apart the defense to generate open looks for other players.

Edit 2: Don't really see how anyone else can really disagree with the overall video. Did like the point (as has been highlighted here for a long time) about Casey not playing his best line ups enough minutes. Was a little surprised by his comment of cutting DeRozan's minutes down to keep him fresh for his moments of iso brilliance only because I'd have added Lowry needing his minutes cut down as well. Honestly liked the video and it's always great to get a neutral opinion on the Raptors.
                    Last edited by Just Is; Fri Jan 29, 2016, 10:58 AM.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
                      and the other lineup that doesnt has the second most minutes at 78.

\If you would have ket watching, you would have noticed some very legit comments about Demars game, but when faced with no answer to criticism, the tyical demar supporter will fall back to one little thing to nitpick on in an attempt to remove all validation from a much larger, much more imortant points being made.

Oh look he spelt a word wrong, I could read the rest of the pst.

Oh look, one of the top 3 lineups only played 13 minutes, 8 minute video is all wrong, except for the parts in which he says things are good.
                      Aren't you the guy who doesn't like to see shallow caricatures of his own posts?

I made one comment and one comment only - using a 13 minute sample size is the wrong way to draw broad conclusions about anything. Feel free to refute that if you think the methodology is fine. The fact that you agree with the conclusion, by the way, does not validate the methodology.

Edit: 78 minutes, the most used lineup for that particular argument, is also a pretty small sample size. Way too many context variables still in play. The most used lineups in the league are currently in the 300-900 minutes ballpark.
                      Last edited by S.R.; Fri Jan 29, 2016, 05:06 PM.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                        Lol 2 years ago Coach Nick made a video saying DeRozan is becoming a superstar:

star and superstar.

nick says star...not superstar

Comment

Working...
                        X