GAME #47 - Detroit Pistons 107 - Toronto Raptors 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    I just read this somewhere about why we should trade for Ryan Anderson. And their reasoning is when the playoffs come teams are for sure going to trap us because Brooklyn and Washington did it to us and it worked. The person said JV and Bismack aren't good enough at the top of the key to do any damage and they aren't a threat in the pick and roll because Kyle and Demar don't make that pass more often than not. Also Scola and Patterson are too inconsistent to rely on them. Anderson would be an automatic 3 pointer and if someone rotates to him he just has to make one more pass and you have the defense scrambling. I have ALWAYS been worried about the trapping. That's the easiest way to stop Demar and Kyle. And if you stop them you stop this team. That is a big reason why I'm still worried about us come playoff time.
    Great point.

This worries me as well. Stop Demar and Kyle and we have a big problem.

I'm still hoping Carroll comes back healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      I just read this somewhere about why we should trade for Ryan Anderson. And their reasoning is when the playoffs come teams are for sure going to trap us because Brooklyn and Washington did it to us and it worked. The person said JV and Bismack aren't good enough at the top of the key to do any damage and they aren't a threat in the pick and roll because Kyle and Demar don't make that pass more often than not. Also Scola and Patterson are too inconsistent to rely on them. Anderson would be an automatic 3 pointer and if someone rotates to him he just has to make one more pass and you have the defense scrambling. I have ALWAYS been worried about the trapping. That's the easiest way to stop Demar and Kyle. And if you stop them you stop this team. That is a big reason why I'm still worried about us come playoff time.
      I'll try and be optimistic. One of the reasons why trapping worked so well on DD in the past was because he had a lot of difficulty with finding his teammates outside of double teams. His vision has improved since then so maybe trapping won't be as effective against him?

Also JV and BB are both showing improvement as jump shooters from 15 ft out. I don't think they're that useless from the high post.
      OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
        I'll try and be optimistic. One of the reasons why trapping worked so well on DD in the past was because he had a lot of difficulty with finding his teammates outside of double teams. His vision has improved since then so maybe trapping won't be as effective against him?

Also JV and BB are both showing improvement as jump shooters from 15 ft out. I don't think they're that useless from the high post.
        Cleveland destroyed DeMar with the trap 3 weeks ago. They trapped him 5 feet above the 3pt line, and got 2 turnovers in a 2 minute stretch out of him.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Cleveland destroyed DeMar with the trap 3 weeks ago. They trapped him 5 feet above the 3pt line, and got 2 turnovers in a 2 minute stretch out of him.
          Yeah my memory sucks. I guess if teams put a lot of emphasis on getting turnovers out of DeMar it won't end well for us
          OG is our king

Comment

Yeah my memory sucks. I guess if teams put a lot of emphasis on getting turnovers out of DeMar it won't end well for us
            Look at the coaches of likely playoff teams in the East. We might be in big trouble anyways.

Comment

Wait are you talking about Bismack Biyombo from 15 feet out taking jumpers? If so, jesus.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                Wait are you talking about Bismack Biyombo from 15 feet out taking jumpers? If so, jesus.
                His form is ungodly, but from 10-16 feet he's shooting 40% surprisingly.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  His form is ungodly, but from 10-16 feet he's shooting 40% surprisingly.
                  Its 15 attempts man.

Considering he's 9 of 36 from 3-10 feet and 11 for 48 taking jump shots, I have my doubts that his mid range game is a thing.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                    Its 15 attempts man.

Considering he's 9 of 36 from 3-10 feet and 11 for 48 taking jump shots, I have my doubts that his mid range game is a thing.
                    Well that was the range of discussion. Those random end of the clock 16 footers bring down his numbers.
                    40% from 10-16 ft this season is an improvement over the 25% he posted last season.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Well that was the range of discussion. Those random end of the clock 16 footers bring down his numbers.
                      40% from 10-16 ft this season is an improvement over the 25% he posted last season.
                      Sure, it is better. But if JV went 1 for 2 from three on the season we wouldn't be getting excited about his increased range. Sample size matters, and 15 shots is basically nothing.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Sure, it is better. But if JV went 1 for 2 from three on the season we wouldn't be getting excited about his increased range. Sample size matters, and 15 shots is basically nothing.
                        He's shot about 20 from there, but yeah I still shout "NO BIYOMBO" at the TV when he takes any attempt that isn't a dunk. Never said he was great, just posting the stats.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          I mean, Ross has been lights out for a month and somehow only got 11 touches last night. If Casey wants other guys shooting, why didn't he say that last night? We took 78 FGA, 47 of those were from Lowry/DeMar/Joseph. The problem wasn't those guys not shooting enough.
                          maybe because ross can't do anything besides shoot 3's, and detroit are 2nd best in the league at minimizing opponents 3 point attempts?

but yeah, i'm sure it was caseys plan to have him shoot less.
                          Last edited by iblastoff; Mon Feb 1, 2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            maybe because ross can't do anything besides shoot 3's, and detroit are 2nd best in the league at minimizing opponents 3 point attempts?

but yeah, i'm sure it was caseys plan to have him shoot less.
                            There are plenty of reasons to pass a guy the ball aside from for that player to shoot. Ball movement can be rewarding in and of itself.

Comment

Working...
                            X