Raptors Republic Report Cards - Andrea Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Report Cards - Andrea Bargnani

Hey guys, something that I've done in year's past are the player report cards where everyone can vote their on how they would grade each players performance from that season. I'm only doing the standard grades A, B, C, D and F. But, when discussing and elaborating on each players performance please don't hesitate to add if you feel that player should be a "A+" or a "C-" and so on.

I'll go through everyone on the team including coaching and even Colangelo. One per day so it gives everyone time to discuss and debate that person instead of debating multiple players at one time.

So without further ado, we'll start with the franchise's golden boy, Andrea Bargnani.

Andrea Bargnani

2009-10 Statistics

PPG - 17.2
    RPG - 6.2
    APG - 1.2
    SPG - 0.3
    BPG - 1.4
    FG% - 0.470
    FT% - 0.774
    3P% - 0.372
    MPG - 35.0

So, check out the poll, make your vote and feel free to debate or discuss that particular player's season.
    A
    0.00%
    B
    45.45%
    C
    45.45%
    D
    0.00%
    F
    9.09%

Overall I gave Andrea a "C" grade.

The offensive numbers I new was going to be there. If it wasn't for his inconsistency during the 2nd half of the season, his offensive numbers could of been even better. Rebounding was still atrocious as was his help defense (which other threads have already alluded too this morning), but man on man I have to say he was our best defender when it came to our bigs.

I just really, really hope he can make strides forward this summer with his overall game. As critical as I am of him, I really do want him to succeed here in Toronto. But if more seasons of just offense is all that he can do, then I don't have the patience to sit through another 4 or 5 seasons of an inability to not rebound. I mean come'on Andrea, use your size to your advantage for heaven sakes.

Comment

My only question on the grading system is it on a curve or not like they do in school?

Grading him on a Raptors curve I would give him a B or maybe B+ Meaning that I think he was one of the better Raptors players.

Grading him straight up, comparing him to other centers in the league I would give him a a C or maybe C+

Grading him on Raptors management and fans expectations for 2009-10 vs his actually performance I would grade him a D.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Grade however you see fit Buddah .... these are just done for "shits & giggles".

That's why I said that if you feel someone should be a "+" or a "-" then feel free to discuss in a post.

Comment

If like on Doug Smith's blog, C = Average, than C/C- is probably the way to go. He had a pretty good season from the offensive standpoint, and his man-D wasnt too bad. It was his help-D and rebounding that were awful. At this point, I'm not prepared to call his contract (starting next season) a bad one, unlike Hedo/Jose's.

Andrea is still young and can learn alot, and he knows he needs to get better. In his end of season conference he admitted that a 7-footer averaging only 6rpg was pretty pathetic by any standards. I really hope he takes this seasons failure to heart and works hard like Bosh did last summer. I'd much rather him work on various aspects of his game and get stronger rather than play for Italy. If he could average around 8 rpg, 18 ppg and figure the help-D bit out, he would make alot of Raptor fans very happy.

Comment

I gave him a B because we need to look at the entire season, not just the bad portions. Bargnani showed improvement this year in all areas but consistency. I can't give him an average rating of C because if we're going on his personal average he exceeded that this season. If he consistently showed up game to game, I would have given him an A because his performance compared to his average in the past would have far exceeded anything before. One more thing to further explain my thinking, if he doesn't improve next year and he produces the same as this year next year I will be giving him a C, if he regresses I'll be giving him a D or F.
            Last edited by Apollo; Fri Apr 16, 2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

F -- Bargnani is still too poor a player to be playing heavy minutes or to be considered a core player.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

I know that the people tend to evaluate the players based on the recent performance, but I gave Andrea a B because of the play during entire season. Is more like a B- . Andrea needs to rise up the confidence and play consistent good basketball. I think there were times when he was the only one capable of making defensive stops in crunching times. But he still disappears from games when you need him on other games. Also, he doesn't know how to play well without CB4 and when the defense focus on him rather then CB4.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Grade however you see fit Buddah .... these are just done for "shits & giggles".

That's why I said that if you feel someone should be a "+" or a "-" then feel free to discuss in a post.
                  I was having some fun with it and being a little anal about it. Lighten up man. Its a beautiful day.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Just read Doug Smith's report card and it just goes to show, CB just padded his stats this year so he can support his stand as a max player.

Kinda makes you wonder, your star player gets an A and all the other Cs, Ds and even Es. Instead of saying "oh he's our star player", dont you think its better to think it as "why cant he make the other guys around him play better?"

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      I was having some fun with it and being a little anal about it. Lighten up man. Its a beautiful day.
                      Lighten up? Buddah my friend, you gotta do alot more then just critiquing my posts to piss me off. They don't get anymore laid back than me.

Just consider me Wooderson from Dazed and Confused: "Man, it's the same bullshit they tried to pull in my day. If it ain't that piece of paper, there's some other choice they're gonna try and make for you. You gotta do what Randall Pink Floyd wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N. "

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                        Lighten up? Buddah my friend, you gotta do alot more then just critiquing my posts to piss me off. They don't get anymore laid back than me.

Just consider me Wooderson from Dazed and Confused: "Man, it's the same bullshit they tried to pull in my day. If it ain't that piece of paper, there's some other choice they're gonna try and make for you. You gotta do what Randall Pink Floyd wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N. "
                        I sure did and still do love that song. Led Zep. The best acid rock band of all time in my opinion. There were other bands that went further out on the edge but I think that there music was the best of all of them and John Henry's drum solo in Moby Dick ranks with the greatest ever including some of the best by the likes of Buddy Rich.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          I sure did and still do love that song. Led Zep. The best acid rock band of all time in my opinion. There were other bands that went further out on the edge but I think that there music was the best of all of them and John Henry's drum solo in Moby Dick ranks with the greatest ever including some of the best by the likes of Buddy Rich.
                          Cheers Buddah ... see, we can get along.

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand .... Andrea.

Another question for the fine folk here, should Andrea play for the national team this summer or should he spend it working more with coaches one on one over the next number of months?

Comment

Working...
                          X