No announcement yet.

Game #49: Toronto Raptors 104 - Phoenix Suns 97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Markieff Morris is a bum than what exactly are Scola/2pat?
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      If Markieff Morris is a bum than what exactly are Scola/2pat?
      Again one good game, get over it.

Comment

• apart from a loss this game couldn't have gone worse. Now we'll have to hear about how we need Markieff Moron for the next 2 weeks.

Starting lineup is garbage. Scola can't start anymore. Ross needs to start at the 3 to give us some semblance of spacing.

It's funny but not surprising to me that people are heavily criticizing Valanciunas' defence last night while ignoring the fact that Scola is a complete pylon out there.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Everyone knows I hate advance stats but, I use tonight....?
          Since when +/- is an advanced stat though?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            booker looked sweet as shit when he was playing in rhythm. got a little bit shot happy a couple times but that kid has a stroke on him.
            love booker.

Comment

• Random thoughts:

Seeing Morris and PP play against each other made it easy forget any potential chemistry issues. Sure, you can say Morris had a good game but PP's best game doesn't anywhere come close to that. And a good PP game isn't exactly a common occurrence either. He's not hitting anything and he's barely looking at the basket.

Powell looked decent, would have liked to see him more. Joseph dribbles so hunched over it looks like he's about to fall over sometimes. Played great D but his offense left a lot to be desired. And Lowry rolls his ankle or something and limps for a few plays (but of course he didn't come out and Casey didn't take him out) to go with his sore wrist (which he banged last night and was wincing for a few plays). But I guess you need his offense cause Joseph can't create consistently.

Casey wasted a late timeout when the Raptors could have attacked with numbers. JV has no chance guarding Morris but he should be smarter and not be jumping at his ball fakes.

Anyway, other than Booker Phoenix has terrible guards. Goodwin is raw and Weems is Weems. If My Name Is Earl is going to be focusing on Morris and Leuer will only be getting 4 minutes a game then he maybe he could be had - but he's way more of a marginal addition and arguably may not be an upgrade. But hey, that was the first Suns game I've watched this season so who knows.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Since when +/- is an advanced stat though?

Remember a few weeks ago Matt Devlin was calling 3pt % an advanced stat?
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Didn't catch the game last night, kind of wish I'd seen Kieff's 2.5 hour public workout for Masai.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    apart from a loss this game couldn't have gone worse. Now we'll have to hear about how we need Markieff Moron for the next 2 weeks.

Starting lineup is garbage. Scola can't start anymore. Ross needs to start at the 3 to give us some semblance of spacing.

It's funny but not surprising to me that people are heavily criticizing Valanciunas' defence last night while ignoring the fact that Scola is a complete pylon out there.
                    Good points. Maybe KL/DD/TR/JJ/JV

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                      love booker.
                      He played really well yesterday, but man am I impressed with Goodwin. That guy has a fire that you only see in Westbrook. I think he's going to be PHX's best player really soon.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        apart from a loss this game couldn't have gone worse. Now we'll have to hear about how we need Markieff Moron for the next 2 weeks.

The team is coming off the best month in the history of the organization, in part because both Ross and Patterson are playing good basketball and have settled into their roles comfortably, so, of course, the answer to all the "problems" is to change everyone's roles including 2/5ths of the starting lineup because then everything will be "better". Not sure about that plan.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Didn't catch the game last night, kind of wish I'd seen Kieff's 2.5 hour public workout for Masai.
                          He had a really good game and was engaged from the start. Was constantly active and just seemed to be everywhere. God damn, he had a vicious dunk attempt where he nearly pulled down the rim. Blew the dunk but I wanted to see that thing go down.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            The team is coming off the best month in the history of the organization, in part because both Ross and Patterson are playing good basketball and have settled into their roles comfortably, so, of course, the answer to all the "problems" is to change everyone's roles including 2/5ths of the starting lineup because then everything will be "better". Not sure about that plan.
                            smart move is to correct problems before they cause symptoms.

I agree the bench is clicking right now. I just strongly disagree with the notion that there's no possible move that can improve the starters without killing the bench. If you time rotations correctly you can get good minutes with your best combinations.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Keep in mind PP and Ross have been really successful in the month where Lowry has had his minutes go through the roof so he can play a lot with the bench players. Maybe some of those bench players would do really well beside Lowry starting, so he doesn't have to play all game long to keep the starters' heads above water AND boost the bench?
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                He had a really good game and was engaged from the start. Was constantly active and just seemed to be everywhere. God damn, he had a vicious dunk attempt where he nearly pulled down the rim. Blew the dunk but I wanted to see that thing go down.
                                Yeah, he almost crowned BB on that one. Saw BB the whole time but, went right at him. Love his toughness.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X