Small forward position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small forward position

What can we do for the 3 right now? We don't really have another 3 on the roster with both JJ and DC going down. Do we trade for one or can we figure out how to use our own guys to hold down the fort? I think it will be easy to see after these next couple of games what we need to do.

We shouldn't do a panic trade. Use Ross, Powell and DeMar for now, more 2-PG lineups. We should be ok.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
      We shouldn't do a panic trade. Use Ross, Powell and DeMar for now, more 2-PG lineups. We should be ok.
      I think the defence could potentially take a pretty big hit. That's what I'm mostly worried about.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
        I think the defence could potentially take a pretty big hit. That's what I'm mostly worried about.
        Ross and Joseph are both really solid defenders(and honestly, JJ's defensive numbers this season kinda suck). So more Ross/Joseph shouldn't hurt us.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

JJ won't be out long, and we have wing depth even if they are smaller wings. We'll be fine.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
            Ross and Joseph are both really solid defenders(and honestly, JJ's defensive numbers this season kinda suck). So more Ross/Joseph shouldn't hurt us.
            Norm is a really good defender too. I just hope we don't have a defensive collapse and turn into last years team trying to out score everyone.

Comment

Was it a normal sprain or a high ankle sprain?

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
                Was it a normal sprain or a high ankle sprain?
                It didn't look like he turned it over that bad.

Comment

Can they just start Bruno and immediately take him off lol? I just want to see the crowd go nuts for him.

Comment

Raptors have 15 guys on the roster.. if they had 14 they could get some d-leaguer or a vet not playing right now. But unfortunately Masai's hands are tied. Trades are too difficult and probably unnecessary for such a small time frame.

In the meantime they platoon the position with Ross/DD/Powell and even some Bruno (although I doubt Casey would use him).

This is actually why I was worried about trading JJ at the deadline for a PF. Lose important depth at a position of need.

Comment

I mean its what, three games till all star break, we should be fine. If we want to look for a trade, it could be nice to have more powell playing to show him off. I dont think it would hurt his trade value, but could certainly help it.

Comment

yea I wouldn't panic with SF trades...how bout giving Bennett some minutes & opportunity (his per 36 in a very smalll sample size so far is 12pts/11rbs)....Ross is more valuable with the 2nd unit, Powell is a natural SG and as we saw yesterday...he's not quite ready for spot starter duties yet...if JJ is out till after ASG (3 more games) I hope Casey gives Bennett some chances so at least we can see who the AB without "lottery bust" label pressure, extra weight, health issues etc really is
                        Last edited by RepTdot; Wed Feb 3, 2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Only one solution

BRUNOOOOOOOOO!!!

Comment

Get Cojo to recruit Kawhi

Comment

Why are we even mentioning trades.

It's the moment Canada has been waiting for !!!!

UNLEASH THE BRUNO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X