C - Jonas Valanciunas

Trail Blazers

PG - Damian Lillard
    SG - CJ McCollum
    SF - Al-Farouq Aminu
    PF - Noah Vonleh
    C - Mason Plumlee

Key Matchup:

The Toronto Raptors bounced back from their loss against the Denver Nuggets by trumping the Phoenix Suns, thanks to the efforts of Kyle Lowry (26 points) and DeMar DeRozan (22 points). On Thursday night the dynamic duo of the Eastern Conference will face off against another high powered back court in Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum. Lowry and DeRozan have the advantage in terms of experience, but the young, feisty guards of the Trail Blazers should not be taken lightly. Will either back court be able to slow down the other, or will the night become an intense shootout in Portland?

LET'S GO RAPTORS
    OG is our king

DeMar guarding McCollum scares the crap out of me. DeMar has a habit of sagging off 3pt shooters and losing his man.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Alright, consmap, time to get that win streak rolling. Anything less than 12 will be considered abject failure.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
        DeMar guarding McCollum scares the crap out of me. DeMar has a habit of sagging off 3pt shooters and losing his man.
        At first I thought "Don't worry, they'll probably put Powell on McCollum and he'll do a better job" but then I remembered last night when Powell kept leaving Booker open and getting caught behind screens
        OG is our king

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          Alright, consmap, time to get that win streak rolling. Anything less than 12 will be considered abject failure.
          Your expectations are making me uncomfortable
          OG is our king

Comment

Games against Portland in Portland always seem to turn into a gong show. Portland's been good (8th seed in West). So shouldn't be an easy win by any means.

Denver has a bad front court and was able to destroy the Raptors in points in the paint.. so even though Portland's front court is weak, I wouldn't take that lightly. Obviously though the key is to slow down CJ and Damian. They have no bench either so once the bench mob comes in I think it'll help turn things around.

I call a win because why not? 103-99 Raptors.

Comment

Fly out Bruno if jj can't go. Powell has no place starting with the 1 shooter in the lineup

Comment

As of the last week, we're now averaging less assists per game than the Raptors have ever averaged in our history. We're officially the worst passing team the Raptors have ever had.

Think of the shitty lineups and teams we've fielded... they all passed better than this group.

Comment

As of the last week, we're now averaging less assists per game than the Raptors have ever averaged in our history. We're officially the worst passing team the Raptors have ever had.

Think of the shitty lineups and teams we've fielded... they all passed better than this group.

Comment

I don't think it's a good idea to try and get the assist on every play, a lot of our play depends on FTs, where there is no assist for that.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                      I don't think it's a good idea to try and get the assist on every play, a lot of our play depends on FTs, where there is no assist for that.
                      We average less than 2 FT Assists per game.

Comment

We average less than 2 FT Assists per game.
                        "A pass that leads to a shooting foul and scoring by free throws does not count as an assist in the NBA"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assist_(basketball)

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                          "A pass that leads to a shooting foul and scoring by free throws does not count as an assist in the NBA"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assist_(basketball)
                          http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...t=FT_AST&dir=1

Nba.com tracks FT Assists.

Comment

and we're on par with the rest of the league with that stat,

and the assists you were talking about before, teams that try to get to the line generally don't have a lot of assists.
                            Last edited by peanutwoozle; Wed Feb 3, 2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                              At first I thought "Don't worry, they'll probably put Powell on McCollum and he'll do a better job" but then I remembered last night when Powell kept leaving Booker open and getting caught behind screens
                              that Booker kid is gonna be something special

Comment

Working...
                              X